Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help !

My husband and I had unprotected sex on 29th September. About 1.5 weeks ago I started feeling very dodgy and sick. I took a first response pregnancy test last Friday and it said positive (faint). Taken 2 tests today and both say negative?! I have cramping, light bleeding and brown discharge today as well. Anyone got any ideas? 

Replies

• Are you sure you had a positive last week as that seems really early to get one? I'm afraid this just sounds like your period coming hon - it's also still a bit too early to test, so i'd wait a few more days and either see if AF shows up and if not, take a test in 3 days or so. Good luck x

• Thanks for your reply!

it was definitely a line on a first response early response. I did think it was really early also. I’ve no idea when my period is due so that isn’t helping?? I’ve had all the symptoms tho. Boobs bigger, metallic taste in mouth, cramping. So confusing! 

• how many weeks would I be if I got a positive in say 3 days?

• Do you have a pic of the test? 
    When was your last period - that's most important question and roughly how long are your cycles? 

• I’ve no idea because I only had a baby 4 months ago. Not had a period since...

• Ohmygoodness, then i don't know what to say - the negative tests would make me think not pregnant, but having had one positive, then negative, it could be a chemical pregnancy - buy some cheap tests from the pound shop and test again in a day or so... 

• Thank you!

i did have a photo but deleted it. I took another frer this morning and it Was negative so now I’m really confused!! What I think is implantation  still going today but nothing like a period. What I’m confused about is that if I did the deed on 29th sept then isn’t this really late to be implanting?? 

• So I’ve taken another frer today with fmu and it’s negative. Surely thered be a faint line by now? I’m still bleeding red blood but not as heavy as a period. If I’m not pregnant then I wonder why I’m having this metallic taste in mouth?? I’m so confused! 

• I think there would be a line by now - sounds like your period. The metallic taste could just be a period symptom, esp considering you've not had one for so long.