Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Ovulation after early miscarriage.. help pls!

Hi girls

I had a very early miscarriage about 2 wks ago. My OVIA app said I was to start ovulating from Wednesday this week (Nov 8th) but since then no ovulation yet. I have been checking with my amazing Clearblue ovulation detection kit. Absolutely amazing product by the way! 

I dont have any smiley face yet to say I’m ovulating - just the circle! Although when you eject the tester stick, there is 2 lines - one dark and one which is getting darker each day I test.. I heard this means I’m getting close to ovulation date? Is this true?? 

(I have attached pics)...

Also, is it true ovulation can be delayed after a miscarriage? We are trying as I don’t want to miss the chance to fall pregnant again, after reading online fertility is at its highest after a miscarriage! So been checking everyday so I don’t miss my ovulation window! 

Any answers/advice would be great! :-)

Replies

• Hi, have you done a pregnancy test as opk’s can pick up the HCG hormone, which could still be in your system. I had a miscarriage nearly 2 weeks ago and I was 6 weeks. I did a pregnancy test the day after I stopped bleeding and it was negative, then I got a positive OPK the following evening. I’m not sure whether I ovulated but we dtd anyway! 

Maybe you should dtd just in case?

Im sorry I can’t help with the clear blue ovulation test, good luck though! x

• Hi Narla 

thanks for your reply. I actually tested positive ovulation the day after my post above! was pleased to see I was ovulating although only got the smiley on my opk one day and it was back to negative day after. But I didn’t miss out! We dtd and also coulletimes prior to the positive test. 

Fingers crossed maybe we conceived! 

• Let me know how you get on! Good luck x

Hi ladies 

so I took a test but think it’s WAY too early as we only dtd 6 days ago (couldn’t help myself)... 

the forst test came out as what looks like a faulty to me and second def said negative! 

But when is the earliest I can test again and be accurate? 

Thanks for any advice! X

• Forgot to add these are just cheap superdrug test. Got a bargain 2 for 3 £4.99 image

• 3 for 2 sorry! 

• Hi Sarah,

Looks like an evap line on one of those. Yes, I think it’s too early. Last time I got my bfp I was 12 dpo but I think I am going to wait until 14 dpo this time! 

Also if you are testing early I suggest you use First response x

• Ah thank you for your reply Narla, I think it was way too early also! Will wait few more days then test - so hard not to tho when you have so many tests in front of you lol xx

• I’m having AF like symptoms today so feels like AF is gonna make an appearance even though not due till Saturday! Weird I’m having back pains like I normally due when AF is coming but also feeling like I’m gonna vomit! 

Just can’t tell what’s going on with these symptoms!! 

But im expecting AF for sure as don’t wanna get any hopes up! Xx

• So just an update I was due AF yesterday but it didn’t arrive. Still no sign today. I’m only 1.5 days late. So hugh changed it could still arrive any time. I’m having slight pre period symptoms so feels like it’s gonna come but it’s very on/off. 

Just a question ladies - I had an early miscarriage last month so does this delay the next AF? My ovulation was 4 days late therefore I’m thinking maybe that’s why AF hasnt shown yet - gonna be a late one maybe? 

Is this common after a m/c? 

• HI, I think its normal for cycles to change after miscarriage. It’s good that you tracked ovulation, so yes I think af should be due to come later than expected.

I miscarried nearly 4 weeks ago and just got my bfp yesterday! I ovulated 10 days after my miscarriage. I didnt get my bfp until 17dpo.

Good luck to you! Keep me posted x

• Hi Narla 

Thanks for your reply, congrats on your bfp! I wish I had the same luck! AF arrived Sunday. I’m happy my body is back to normal even though falling pregnant again so soon would have been amazing! 

AF is quite heavy and I still seem to have small clots in passing similar to when I miscarried but a smaller dose (sorry for details). 

Is this something I should be worried about? X

• I’m not sure to be honest. If it carries on heavy and it’s painful then I would call the docs. I am sure it will pass as normal and you can get to ttc. 

I really hope you get your rainbow baby soon. Good luck, keep me posted x

• Hi Narla 

Thanks for the reply,

It’s not painful, just a heavier AF then usual with small clots passing. Very dark in color, again sorry for the detail! 

Its a lot lighter today and looks like it’s clearing up, so getting ready for my ovulation window in a couple weeks to start trying again! 

Thank you for your well wishes!! 

I hope everything goes healthy and smoothly for you!! X

• Well hopefully your body is bk to ‘normal‘ and it will be easy to track ovulation etc. now.

Good luck to you! I really hope you get your rainbow bfp! Baby dust x

• Hi sarah my situation is same like u after miscarriage. Don't know how I calculate my ovulation can u plz help me 
  • Hey, ovulation gets very needed up for some ppl for many months. You have to use opk or/and bbt to figure out when u ovulate. No app can help you. X