Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Are these fbp or am I freaking out over nothing!?!?

Replies

• Coopski I'm so sorry to hear that after so many positives! Don't give up it'll happen x

• Hey hun, my doctor booked me in for a early scan today, had it they said everything looks as it should but as the pregnancy is very early (5 weeks and 2 days) theit isn’t much thry can see and I should come back in 10 days so I hope all goes well in 10 days !!! 

Hows everything for you ? 

Xx

• Lila thats so incredibly awesome! Im so very happy you hun! I will definitely be praying for you and your baby. Thats so crazy the test you took is the same one i did on the same day and they looked the same, ive been scared to go have the scan done but you have definitely given me hope! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful news! I couldnt be happier for you love.

AllieXo

• Hello,
    I've never posted on anything like this ever. But I am totally confused and hope someone might have been through something similar,sand now having read your stories im terrified im in the same situation.

I suffered two mcs last year none in June at 5 1/2 weeks, the other was a mmc at 11 weeks, baby stopped growing around 8 weeks.
    Before the mcs iw as regular 28days bang on every month, since then I've been more like 30-31 days, apart from last month, last month as just 20 days and lasted 2 days, not heavy bleeding (my periods r never too heavy and only last 3-4 days usually) but too much to be implantation I would say. Anyway, yesterday was 21days since that "period" and I felt I needed to test, I couldn't believe my eyes it was a bfp on a frer. I then tested on a clear blue early and there was hardly a line at all, I then tested with a clear blue digital and got Pregnant 1-2 weeks. I might add these were all taken late afternoon to evening. Then today I took a boots test and there was another faint pink line. I just have no idea where my cycle is! If I am indeed pregnant again, how far along I am or of its my body playing more tricks on me, has anyone else been through anything similar??

• Yes, a lot of us have been through things very similar. If a digital test gave you a positive result you are definitely pregnant. But bc of your history with miscarriage i would say you need to go see your ob immediately for blood and a scan. Did you do anything today? Update on your status and i may be able to advisr further. Keeping you in my prayers.

AllieXo

• what do you guys think about this? AF is 8 days late. Line showed up later, but to all of us it looks pink.. my friend that's pregnant with twins says it looks positive. What do you think?image

• Thanks for the reply Allie, so far so good. More positives and stronger too. I've attached a photo of todays cheap test and it looks good. Currently on day 28 of cycle (I think)  so I'm giving it another week and calling the midwife who will hopefully give me an early scan or I'll just go out of my mind. We also live on a farm and will start lambing soon, just to add to the worry. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. image

• How much later did it show up? Anything after 5 minutes is negative or unclear. You gotta get the pic within the first 5 minutes, 10 minutes AT THE MOST and that is seriously strerching it. At 8 days late it should be darker. I see a vague line and i know its hard to photograph, but all i can really see is possibly an evap line bc i dont see pink. I hope it is positive for you! Many blessings and maybe test again and try to get a pic in direct sunlight.

AllieXo

• Msmj- that is DEFINITELY A BFP!  Congratulations dearest! I know how you feel though having it be so early and past history of miscarriage. You can only do what you can do. NO stress, make sure your eating right, prenatal vitamin, and add an extra potassium supplement bc it plunges when pregnant and you do not want to get hypokeleimic. I would also personally recommend a magnesium supplement as that is what was recommended to me as well as my best friend and it sounds like we have similar histories. Magnesium is supposed to help prevent miscarriage but there are other prescription medications your ob should start you on directly to help you keep the pregnancy. As well as a whole blood panal to monitor ALL of your hormone levels. That way if one should start to drop, and thats the cause of the other loses, they can supplement that hormone straight away. Take it easy and take care of yourself. You are in my prayers and i really hope this all works out! Please keep us updated!

AllieXo

• Msmj- just one more thing, i know its hard and u feel you neef to guard your heart and expect the worst, but i would implore you to stay positive! Plenty of women have mcs and then go on to have perfectly normal pregnancies. Dont lose heart dearest! That is whats keeping you and your child connected. You need those positive chemicals, seratonin, dopamine etc bc they help your otger hormones function properly and stave off any over production of cortisol (stress hormone) that would not be good for you. Try to enjoy this time right now, i know how hard it is, believe me i get it. But you must stay strong and positive. Thinking of you!

AllieXo

• Hey girls, just wanted to check in on you all. Lilac- how are you? Still going strong? MSMJ- were you able to speak to your doctor and get a scan done, how are you feeling? Tryingtoconceive- did you test again today perhaps and get a different pic? And hollberry and coopski- how are you feeling? You are in my heart and prayers. I really hope that you are not lost and without hope, i truly feel for you all. I just wanted you ALL to know, no matter what your situation that you are all in my heart and in my prayers. I pray that you will all feel comfort greater than any person can provide.

Many Blessings,

AllieXo

• Hey thank you hun, feeling super down right now, and stopped ttc with hubby. I can't take the heart ache at the moment.

• Coopski- I truly understand that feeling. So take a break and stop thinking about ttc and just come together with your husband.  This kind of thing can either destroy a marriage,  or bring it closer together. Let yourselves mourn together,  but then move forward,  try to remember how you were together before all the tragedy.  Go out to dinner,  see a film, have a long weekend,  but whatever you do, do it together  and you two will be stronger for it. Don't isolate or allow yourself to pull away from him or him from you. These are the hard times that you vowed to encourage each other through. You two are the only ones that can yourselves through this.  Put it in Gods hands aslnd trust it will happen at the right time.  Much love and many blessings to you. 

AllieXo

• imageimageWhat would you make of this, positive or negative taken one day apart

• They look like faint positives to me.  I would wait and redo the test in two days and make sure u use a test with pink dye not blue.  The ones with blue make it harder to tell if its a faint positive or an evap line BC its hard to tell blue from gray. Good luck though!  The first one did look like a faint positive.  How late are you? 

• Evap or imagefaint positive ??

• Looks more like an evap line to me😢 but try again in 2 days with a pink dye test. I hope I'm wrong! Just try testing again and stay positive! 

AllieXo

• I took that test Monday and have a pink dye test to use tomorrow, would that be too early considering I had bfn four days ago with a pink dye test xx

• No, i think it'd be perfect for you to take that one in the morning. If your pregnant  than the hcg should have quadrupaled by now and give you a more accurate picture. 

AllieXo

• Thank you so much for your reply! Much appreciated, feeling as if I'm getting another bfn tomorrow if that's the case is there no way I'd be pregnant? Only 19yrs first time, new to this! Have cramping last few days, had very sore nipples after of and no longer have sore nipples x