Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Looking for friends TTC baby #1 - Part 2

Replies

• Have you been using them for your past few cycles? 

So I'm in my 2nd cycle since coming off the pill. Basically we're doing everything you would do whilst TTC with the exception of not using protection for the 1st few cycles! Because I'd been on the pill for so many years, I had no idea what my cycles were really like and so we agreed to used the ovulation tests and to take the pre conception vitamins to kind of get ahead of things and get a solid idea of what my cycle patterns are and when I ovulate etc. After this cycle then we'll stop using barrier protection and fingers crossed from there on in! 

xx

• I'm so confused by these ovulation calculators. they all seems to give different dates. Does anyone know how best to calculate when you are fertile? thanks

• I have used them every cycle apart from this one we decided to just have a little break, but I’m back on them next cycle I’m due on this weekend so see how we get on, 

thats a really good idea I wish I had done that this time round but we caught on so quick with our son I really didn’t expect there to be a problem I have everything crossed for you.

kelly the best way to determine when you are ovulating would be using opks the calculators will never give you an accurate day 

xxx

• Hey everyone!! Sorry I haven’t been on here in a while 🙈. Life just got a little bit busy. And sometimes I find myself obsessing and wanting to post on here all the time so need a bit of time away. 

So i’m cycle 5/6 and due AF Friday. Not feeling any different at all so I’m pretty sure I am out this month. Waiting for Friday and then if not BFP will book a drs appointment as I can start having baseline tests after 6 months of trying! 

Hope everyone else is ok. I’m so worried that something is drastically wrong with one of us. I want this so bad! I was so excited to start TTC but all the excitement has gone now 

• babysparkle - Sorry to hear about your news at the hospital!! Hopefully they get you in soon to suss out what’s going on!! Fingers crossed for you though, and I’m sure you will have that bfp before any invasive tests need be done! 

Does anybody check ovulation according to cervical mucus!? I have no idea where I/my body is atm after coming off the pill 2 weeks ago.. but the last 2 days I’ve had the classic egg white stuff! So did the deed a day before the egg white and tonight also! 🙊 Don’t wanna get hooked on them ovulation kits again like last time but I liked seeing them smiley faces 😂

• Thank you smilelikeyoumeanit I’m just staying positive nothing much we can really do but wait and try our best in the meantime, 

i use opks apart from this cycle but do always notice that I get a lot of cm around ovulation so I know when it’s coming going back to the smileys next cycle tho it always makes me feel a bit more like I know where I am in my cycle which I like even tho it makes the whole tww a lot harder, 

catj your not out just yet but ringing the doctors is a good idea get the ball rolling sooner rather than later Will definitly put your mind at rest, I think it’s something that we all feel I’m the ttc journey that there is something wrong with us it’s completely normal but we have to remember it can take even the healthiest of couples upto a year to conceive, I hope you get that bfp soon I’m also due this weekend and just ready for af to arrive so we can crack on with cycle 6.

xxx

• Smilelikeyoumeanit, I use both the clearblue ovulation tests and the cheapies that you can get from amazon for the simple reason that I had seen so many people saying often a morning test (when you do clearblue) doesn't detect the LH surge. So last cycle, I took a test on the morning of CD17 and it was high, not peak like I was predicted to be. However, later that morning I did have EWCM and so I knew i must be getting close to ovulation. Took a test that afternoon and it was positive. I wouldn't personally use CM alone but I think its definitely a good indicator. 

xx

• Hi

didnt realiae a new thread started wonder why I had no notificartions hahA.

day 79 now since my withdrawal bleed. Blood tests fine and off for my transvagina ultrasound tonight I am so nervous not the fact about my the actual experience of having to have something Put up me but the fact if they find something bad. hqvint really bad anxiety about it and I can’t think about anything else 

• Babysparkle & KLS - yeah i brought the bulk OPK tests when I was ttc my son ! I’d completely forgot about them so may have a gander and invest in some more! I haven’t had a withdrawal bleed from stopping the pill yet so I think maybe I’ll just start testing with opks next month! 

• Roobear best of luck for your scan I hope you get the answers that you need let us know how it goes, 

smilelikeyoumeannit sorry when did you stop taking the pill? 

Xxx

• Roobear, I hope it all goes well. xx

• Has anyone had one before? 

• Update still no af late for 13 days now too scared to test in case it’s coming off the pill that’s caused me to be this late 

• Roobear I had one when I had just found out I was pregnant with my son due to bleeding it was totally fine, did not hurt at all, little uncomfortable but that was it and the best part was you don't need a full bladder for an internal, I will be having one very soon again just waiting for my letter with an appointment.

Kmviv when do you think you will test? I have everything crossed for you.

xxx

• Tomorrow morning babysparkle but I’m so nervous just in case I ain’t 😢

• Kmviv the only way you will know for sure is to test I really hope it’s a bfp for you and 2 weeks late is a long time so pointing in the right direction keep us updated xxx

• Babysparkle I understand that but I’m just so scared of it’s pfn due to coming off the pill😢

• Thanks babysparkle. It’s just starting to get me down now. I exercise, eat well majority of time, am a healthy weight, don’t smoke blah blach etc etc. I just keep thinking why not me this month? 

• Hi just had my transvaginal ultrasound. But they said I have to ring up and see my GP to discuss. Did anuone have this! Made me feel ten times worse that they wouldn’t just tell me everythint was ok? Surely they would of it was ? 

• Kmviv it’s totally normal to feel like that there’s so many emotions we go through on this journy I really hope it’s a bfp for you,

catj it’s so hard not to let these feelings get us down when it’s the same outcome month after month and then you see some people just sneeze and they get pregnant especially when they are probably not the best people to be in that situation but it will happen and when it does all this will feel totally worth it I hope you feel better soon,

roobear I think that is normal they did tell me at my appointment yesterday that after My scan I will have to then wait for another lettet to go back and see them for the results of that scan which I think is ridiculous surely they could just tell you if they see something or not there and then instead of dragging everything out and making us worry even more, when will you get the results? 

Xxx