Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea messing with your period/ovulation?? Help!!

Hello everyone,

I'm going out on a limb here and asking yet another question. I say this because most of my Q's go unanswered, lol.🤷

Anyways, I started drinking Organic Red Raspberry Leaf Tea at the start of my cycle (6 days ago). My period usually lasts about 5 days with the 5th or 6th day being brown spotting/the left over. I had a bit of brown this morning upon waking and then drank a cup of the RRL tea. I went to the bathroom and when I wiped, it was red again! Not only that but throughout my cycle, I notice that after drinking the tea each time, it almost brings on more blood flow. (My periods are pretty light-medium flow).

Is the tea extending my period and/or does this affect ovulation? I've been reading that it's so great for TTC but has anyone had any issues like this? Any advice or input is super appreciated. I'm wondering if I should just stop using the tea or stick it out and wait for my body to become accustomed to it.

Thanks.

Replies

• Options

Hey , I’m not sure what the answer is to your question but if the tea is doing this to your cycle and when AF is happening I would ditch the tea , how long have you been ttc and drinking the tea x

• Options
    Hello, I realize this conversation is over a year old, but I recently went through something very similar & I, too, was wondering if it could have been because of the tea. I started drinking red raspberry leaf tea for the very same reason. I started drinking the tea in mid-March, around the time my period was supposed to start. It came almost 2 weeks late, which was very unusual for me & really sucked, because of course we got super excited about it. When it finally came my period was pretty normal. I started drinking a cup a day of the RRL tea and the following month my period came a week late. I knew better than to get excited this time. When it did start it seemed normal at first, but then it wouldn't end. My periods are usually about 5 days long. It was getting lighter, but then on day 9 it suddenly got very heavy & clotting. It lasted 25 days. My doctor couldn't find any explanation, but did a D&C in June. I just had my first normal period in months and I am hoping that my cycle will go back to normal now. We are still TTC and as I'm 35 & we have been TTC for 4 years now I'm kind of desperate, so I kind of want to do whatever I can to help myself along, but I'm scared to try the tea again. Did I drink too much? Do some people have different reactions to it than others do? 
  • Options
    Latte96Latte96 Regular
    edited Sep 13, 2019 8:23PM
    @Johie I always think that something too much is always harmful... tea or no tea, if it does no good, dich it. Try macca powder maybe, but as well don’t overdue it. I heard it helps hormones, so have a little bit in your morning smoothie. Stop drinking it at 2 week wait. It’s not 100% proven, but for some girls it helped.
    oh btw have you been to doctors?
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll look into that. I have been to several doctors, actually. I saw my primary doctor, my OBGYN, and even an emergency room doctor during that long & horrific month. I was experiencing a lot of lightheadedness, exhaustion and weakness, I am guessing due to the blood loss. But the doctors had no answers for me.