Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Period or Pregnancy??

Hi all!

Ok so this is my first month TTC and am due on my period in 10 days... I have slightly sore nipples, on and off nausea, constant burping, especially after or during food and occasionally have a little reflux. My tummy is bloated and I get period pains. On top of this I have this copper like taste in my mouth and feel quite tired. Could these be post ovulation or early period symptoms? Surely you can’t experience “pregnancy symptoms” so early on?? TIA xx

Replies

• If you aren't due on for another ten days it is more than likely due to a rise in progesterone after ovulation, which happens regardless of pregnancy. You are right you wouldn't get pregnancy symptoms so early after ovulation as the feotus wouldn't even have implanted yet. 

If you are just off any kind of contraception this can also cause symptoms that mimic pregnancy and your cycle may not settle straight away.

It's hard when you are trying as you over analyse every little thing. Plenty of women on here will tell you they have experienced all manner of "symptoms" but not been pregnant.

Good luck for your journey. Try not to stress yourself out and ideally wait until your period is due before testing - although the earliest most ladies will test is 10days past ovulation. The best tests are pink dye ones and you will need to use first morning urine especially if testing early.