Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 14

Replies

• Hi ladies hope you're all well. Im finally coming to the end of my miscarriage so I'll be back on the ov tests soon! My doctor told me that 50% of people 35+ miscarry...I didnt realise it was that high! I'm 35 so im starting to panic!!!x

• How are you doing Bex? 

I'm 31 and was told at 35 my chances of another miscarriage would increase, I really don't want to worry about that so I feel for you and understand your worrying. But slot of people do have children later in life and go through pregnancy without an issue.

Emj3 I understand, I seem to attract pregnant women, when I'm feeling the low I see them everywhere. My heart hurts abit when I see baby stuff in shops. Sometimes I buy a little something putting it away for my rainbow baby xx

• Emj3 I feel like that some days it seems really unfair that everyone else around Is pregnant but Our time is coming we will get our rainbows 

I don’t buy anything for my future rainbow baby but I love looking at baby clothes and planning what I will get for baby if I can’t make any plans or control when I get pregnant at least I can have some control over what I will get when I have a baby 

• I totally get that Honey and MrsRees!!! I can’t wait till I can go and buy baby stuff, although after miscarrying At 20 weeks, I’ll prob wait till just before the birth for the big things- which is a real shame because I’ve lost the magical, exciting element to pregnancy.

Bex- 50% of pregnancies in over 35s end in miscarriage is just frightening. I’m 37. Bloody hell! Although 2 of my friends have just had babies and they’re the same age. God... I really need to hurry up with this rainbow Baby!xxx

• Try not to look st statistics girls yiu Are not a percentage or a number you are an individual person and every person is different have faith

yrah the element of excitement and innocence Has been taken away from us we are gunna feel so much more worry when we do fall pregnant but we are also going to have such relief and elation when our rainbows do come 

I would Go through all the heartache and would wait till the end of the world for my rainbow and wether it haopens naturally or through ivf or even adoption (we have spoke bout that option if it comes to it) I will get there 

• Good point Mrsrees, because If we are blessed to conceive again I will try and enjoy every moment without fear & worry. If I looked at statics I’d wouldnt be trying now because I’m 41 and I have faith that I can carryon and have a successful healthypregancy & baby 

• Hi everyone I am new to the forum. My  and i suffeered a miscarriage in November. It was an ectopic pregnancy and I lost my left tube as well as the baby. I am still so heartbroken. My husband and I are trying but it hasn’t happened yet. I am dreading Jun 26 which was my due date. I want to cry when I think about it. Has anyone had a similar experience? thanks xox

• Hi kelly so sorry for your loss but welcome to the group everyone here is lovely and so supportive 

its hard enough loosing your baby but loosing your tube as well must be awful 

as far as the due date try to keep yourself busy treat yourself to something nice and try to keep your mind off it. I went to work that day on a 12 hour shift and to be honest the day wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be 

hope we can be a help :) 

• Welcome Kelly 

Sorry for you loss hun, must be very hard loosing your tube as well as your baby x

• Hello Kelly, sorry for your loss. Yes we’ve all been where you and like mrsrees said the best thing to do is treat yourself or try and stay busy. I hope that you can recovery soon and become pregnant again it’s even tougher when you lose a tube but it’s not impossible all the best to you and your husband. This is the place to talk when you need to. Xx

• Thank you so much Dee2Dee! I was on fertility medication and developed a severe allergy to it. (Was on Clomid Ovidrel Progesterone 400 mg and Estrogen 4 mg) I developed . 

• A severe allergy that I almost died from In September. When we found out we got pregnant (naturally) in October, I was over the moon! Thank you so much Honeybee and MrsRees as well! I haven’t really talked about the loss with anyone besides my husband so it is great to find people that understand what I am going through. xx

• struggling  today girls been A year since I started bleeding. I didn’t cry on the due date but today I e found hard, I’ve had a knot in my stomach all day and finally got teary right before my husband had to go on his night shift and couldn’t stay with me so now home alone

I think the worst part for me is that I remember convincing myself that everything was ok and that bleeding doesn’t always mean something bad and it was such a small amount and no pain 

I never let myself get my hopes up I always prepare for the worst and the one time I thought it would be ok my whole world came down around me and there was nothing i could do and my heart broke 

I’ve coped really well since to be honest and my upset had been more raised at not getting pregnant again, but seriously how has a year passed since I was there happily 9 weeks pregnant I should have a 5 month old baby here now but instead I have so many unanswered questions of why it’s not my turn yet and is it ever gunna be my turn 

sorry for long post if I where to say it aloud to anyone I do t think I’d stop crying it’s hsrd enough now just typing 

• Aw Mrs Rees i really feel for u, I was exactly the same after my first miscarriage. I promise u it will be your turn soon. Hopefully you'll get some answers after your tests. Huge hugs to you.xxx

• Giving you hugs Mrs Rees and please know you are not alone. You will get your baby, I believe that. I felt the same way when I miscarried..I tried not to worry as well. This just shows what a great mommy you will be.. you are patient and resilient and those are great qualities in a mum! when I get sad I think of our baby up in heaven being my little guardian angel. You have a little guardian angel as well. 

Hugs to you and we are here for you xx

• MrsRees I'm sorry hun. Mine was a missed miscarriage so I didn't experience the bleeding until afterwards. I can't imagine being a year down the line and not being pregnant again though. In my head it's a year so it must be easy to get a bfp in a year right? But no, it's not easy and I try not to think about being that far down the line and not being happily pregnant. I never tried for any of my others and only just realising how difficult it can be. Having good cm but not seeing my partner for a good week (if I'm having a normal cycle tomorrow would be ideal for ovulation but I'm not monitoring this month) so not getting sad that I'm not bding in time. 

Love to all x

• mine was missed mc too but I had some small bright red bleeding and then went for scan at epu which showed me being 3 weeks behind where I should have been and theN went for another scan a week later to confirm and take the tablets to start the mc as it wasn’t happening naturally so today is the anniverssary  the first signs of blood 

I never imagined I’d ever be in this situation waiting a year and nothing happening but I am so glad I have the support of al you girls on here i feel very lucky that I have support from so many women that have been through this too some of the girls who have moved on to the pregnancy after miscarriage thread I’ve known since the day I went for scan so s year tomorrow I suppose 

gunna go to bed and get s good sleep ready for work tomorrow hopefully feel better then 

• MrsRees- you will get your rainbow baby. I believe that. I also think you’re really strong. You have experienced tragedy and yet continue fighting for what you want and that is inspiring.xxx

• Hope you sleep well MrsRees, tomorrow is a new day xxx

• Dee2dee it means that our chances drastically dropped. But there still is tiny chance. Before we had like 30% chance to concive and now it's like 10% and lower. We will still try to fight but it's not going to be easy. Tomorrow will be already full 4 years since we started ttc