Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 14

Replies

• People always said that to me too and it’s a always annoyed me because it’s like if we could relax don’t you think we would but I’m not doing it like that im Just decided that I’m letting the doctor take over the worrying bit

blood test i on Tuesday so will see what happens I guess 

• I’ve been bleeding now for 7 days and in pain got cramps like period pains but worse! I’ve been off work with it to because I can’t cope and just lying down with a hot water bottle on my belly! I went for my scan that I already had booked in and they saw the sac measuring at 21mm even though ive Been bleeding for 7 days! I thought it had passed! So they said to see if it passes and I’m bookes in for another scan on the 23rd May to see what is in there then! I’m so fed up! its horrible! Xx

• Hi everyone 

Sorry I haven't been on for abit I'm trying my best to relax and let the tablets settle in my body. so im now on 4 metformin a day and I've just had my first af on them. I'm feeling very positive and hoping this month is my month. 3 girls at work have announced there pregnant so Im really hoping to be the 4th. I really want to be able to tell my h I'm preg on his birthday in august so everything crossed. 

Honeybee how are I getting on on the tablets? 

Mommyto3 I am so sorry, sending virtual hugs 

good luck everyone cant wait to see your bfp very soon, sending baby dust 

• Trying to get pregnant after my missed miscarriage and D&C in Jan. Second month trying as I was healing for longer then predicted.... Although I have PCOS no medication is needed as I'm ovulating naturally second month in a row! Strange it seems that my pregnancy even as short as it has been corrected my hormones in the body and almost balanced LH & FSH levels... So now 4 DPO and can't wait to test on Friday!

• That’s awful stevie I’m sorry it’s going on for so long abd thst doctors are leaving it so long I hope it’s over for you soon xx

good luck Meredith sending baby dust to you xx

• Think I’ve just passed the sac I was in complete agony! Never given birth before but I can imagine it as something like that! And the sac was pretty big!😢. Still in pain though so maybe there’s more! I had clots in the middle of the week and thought that it was all out until they did the scan and the sac was still there!😩Im fed up and just want it to be over! Xx

• It’s been 10 weeks since i had my sleeping baby Jacob And over the last few weeks I keep thinking I’m doing ok but then something just hits me. Today it was going to a children’s party with 2 of my friends that have just had baby boys and I just can’t understand why I don’t get to bring my baby home. I’m trying to be positive and ttc again but I just keep worrying that it’s not going to happen. It completely takes over your life. Do you think this is going to settle down soon? I hate feeling upset And I get the impression that people think I should be ok by now. I’m annoying myself because I feel ok one minute and then so sad the next. 

I’m going to the gym to help improve my mood and lose a bit of weight but it’s definitely not a magical cure. 

Any ideas?xxx

• steviie I hope things speed up for you and that you start to feel a bit better.xxx

• Emj there’s no magical cure for heartbreak love and there is no time on grief you need to heal and no one can tell you how long it’s will take those people havent been through what you have and if they get annoyed with you then they are not people you need to be around you. 

if going to the gym is something that will help then go for ot and I’m sure that it will happen for you and I really hope soon 

your right it does take over your life and that what’s i was finding wasn’t happening to me so I’ve backed off and taken this month off to concentrate on getting bloods done and resting myself am thinking of you xx

• Thanks MrsRees it’s so flipping hard And so up and down. I’m gunna test with opks this cycle to see if I’m actually ovulating and if it looks like I am I think I’m gunna stop testing and just try and relax about it. I just panic that time’s ticking on and I’ve turned 37 now. 

I do think resting your body and mind will help- you probably just needed a break.

I just wish these babies would hurry up!!!xxx

• IF my future baby is anything like my husband Im not surprised it’s taking so long he was an hour late picking me up for our first date as he over slept due to cleaning his flat ready for me to come over and I’m sat at the busy stop waiting for him haha

• Haha that made me giggle. In fairness, my husband is very laid back so god knows!!!xx

• Emj3, it’s totally normal to feel how you feel in fact it may come and go for some time but soon gets better. Going to the gym definitely relieves stress and that may be pretty help you get through times as this. I saw a counselor for months and worked out it all helped so much.

Steviie that sounds awful and painful hope you feel better soon  

• Hi ladies, can I join you on here? We had a mmc on 30th April. Should have been 12+5 but they couldn’t find a heartbeat 😢 I had a private scan when I should have been 10+6 but baby measured a week behind. I had a super early bfp so couldn’t get it out of my head that there was a problem but was assured everything looked great and baby was fine. Had a tiny bit of brown discharge the following day and ended up having another private scan 3 days after the first but baby was still alive and well, but still measuring behind and very curled up. I was worried to death but everyone kept telling me I was being daft, well cut to 10 days later at my dating scan and S/he was gone and measuring about the same as at my last scan. 😔 

Devastated doesnt cut it as I’m sure you all know and we had a D&C 2 days later.

We have decided to ttc again straight away as it’s the only way forward I can see. We are so lucky to have 2 beautiful boys ages 8 and 10 but want number 3 more than ever now. It took me a while to talk dh round to having a third but now he like me just really wants us to be pregnant again. I’m 40 now so am worried my age had something to do with it but am desperately trying to think positively that this will happen for us soon. 

Sorry for rambling on but somehow it helps to get it all out  Today seems to be a first positive day but yesterday was awful  

• Hi razored carrot sorry for your loss it must be awful to have gotten that far along. One of our previous members went through A very similar situation and is luckily pregnant again and is 30 weeks along. A lot of people have children in their 40’s so please don’t worry about it too much but maybe consult a doctor if your ttc goes on for 6 months or longer. 

I hope we can be of help and a support to you :) 

afm I had my bloods today so will see what happens now 

• Aww Mrs Rees it Means so much to me that you remember my story 💗

razored carrot I’ve sent you a private message about what happened to me 

I really hope you all get your BFP’s soon 🤞🏻🌈

• Thank you so much both of you. It really is crazy how similar our stories are mummytolily. The only comfort I can take is that there must have been something very wrong with our baby and I would never what him or her to suffer. It’s juat heartbreaking to get to that stage and I know many others have it so much worse. 

Thank goodness for places like these where we can all help each other along xx 

• I will always remember your story mummy to lily all You girls have been so supportive of me and I will always keep all our angel babies in my thoughts and my heart 

I have the same thought razoredcsrrot I know that there was something wrong and that’s why my baby couldnt stay with me the thought that my baby was saved any suffering is a comfort 

yeah this place has been a godsend for me the last year sandy I ttc and could not have got through it as Sanely as I have without all the girls here and on the continuation thread pregnant after miscarriage either 

• Razoredcarrot i remember you from the november group. I didnt write my whole story on there as it was long winded! Anyway i unfortunately miscarried my little bean at 9+2 although baby was measuring small with a slow heartbeat just two days before. I'm desperate for another baby as would love a sibling for my lg. I want to start ttc asap but still waiting for a positive opk. I'm sorry to hear your story, miscarriage is so awful.xxx

• Oh Bex I’m so sorry also. It’s just an awful thing to go through 😢 wishing you lots of luck as well and hopefully we won’t be long until we have our bfps again x  I had a positive opk yesterday and my hpts are showing negative now so who knows if it was or wasn’t but we have been dtd anyway in hope x