Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 14

Replies

• Thank you. That's good you got positive opk, my doc said you're more fertile after a miscarriage so fingers crossed!xx

• Hello razoredcarrot, so sorry for your loss as I know you’ve got to be feeling pretty gutted. You and I share about the same situation I was 13+4 when I mc but according to the scan baby heartbeat stopped at 11+5 and I was at the doctors during that week and she never scanned me at that time which I thought I should’ve had one  and they would’ve known but instead I went on for weeks assuming all was healthy and my baby died. I watched as they scan me in the ER as my lifeless child was gone. It’s been a year out April 30 this year and it was SO hard last year but I go through. Hoping for our rainbow baby soon as I feel the clock ticking against me @41 but I’m keeping faith. This is the place for you to express the ladies are great with feedback. Baby dust

• Dee2dee I’m so sorry. It’s juat that empty feeling that kills me, and the constant thinking of where we would be up to now etc. I’m hoping with time it will get easier. Wishing you all of the luck in the world for your bfp xx

• Yes that’s always going to be a thought and that’s normal but it does get better give yourself time to grieve and nobody can tell you when that shouldn’t happen anymore. Hope your bfp comes soon

• Welcome Razoredcarrot. I lost my angel baby in March at 20+3 weeks. It was my 3rd baby too and we are desperate for another. It’s an awful situation/ journey to be on. I just hope we all get our happy endings.

I’m still finding it difficult- thinking how far I’d be and feel robbed of our baby boy who Would’ve just completed our family.

Fingers crossed for these rainbow babies.xxx

• EmJ3 that is just awful. i have no idea how it must feel to lose a little one when you are so far along 😔 I’m so sorry. Life can be so very cruel sometimes and unfortunately it doesn’t always happen to someone else. Let’s keep everything crossed that we aren’t waiting to long for our rainbow babies x

• Hi all. Sorry I've been quiet. Have had a poorly household and I'm still unwell. So although I'm not trying this month I am thinking of you all. Bd'd on CD22 so if it's a normal cycle I'm 100%out but last cycle was 37 days long so maybe there's a small chance. Had some light pink bleeding for a day but that was only two days after I BD so I know that's not implantation bleeding. With fella living and working away it's hard to increase my chances much. 

Kez I'm now on 1000mg of metformin a day. No more side effects which is good. Hoping it helps. I will test my ovulation next month, I have cheap tests from Amazon and clear blue ones.

I only have next cycle to get a bfp to be pregnant before my Angels due date. I was very emotional after my mc, it seemed to settle for a bit but since hitting the 10week count down before I'm due it's been hard. Hoping it gets easier afterwards.

Hi to all newbies, I'm so sorry to hear of your loses and struggles. You are all so brave.

🌈 Wishing us all our rainbow babies very soon x

• How is everyone coming along today? I’m in the US so it’s still the afternoon here but I know it’s evening in other countries. 

• Hi DeeDee 21:30 here in the UK. I’m good although confused by opks again. Had a positive on monday then negative yesterday so have been bd’d both Monday and Tuesday. Out of curiosity I did another opk tonight and it’s a super strong positive so looks like we are going again tonight. I think I’m going to ease off the POAS though now and constantly reading stuff as it’s too easy to become obsessed and dtd feels a bit like a trial. I know opks can be unreliable after D&C but was just trying to get a gauge of if things are getting back to normal. 

Anyway, enough about me. How are you? 

• I’m ok razoredcarrot  don’t know much about opks I never used them we’ve just been going the old fashion route haha But maybe we should it might mofe things along faster. As of now just waiting to see if af shoas this weekend I haven’t really had any symptoms of both except the cramp and backache on/off and those can be associated as both af and pregnancy. I usually start having frequent urination around af so I’m just waiting. I had a reading done with a prediction of becoming pregnant soon so hopefully it will happen. I know a lot don’t believe in things like that but some others ladies had one done by this same person and she seem to have gotten their pregnancy right. 

Well sorry about the long rant hopefully you’ve covered this cycle and it sticks. 

• Question for Jez or anyone else on Metformin for ovulation. My cycles have always been all over the place, never normal, sometimes 30 or even 50 day cycles. Since my MC in December I had two 28 day cycles, one 30 and then a 37 day cycle. This is my first cycle on Metformin, pretty certain I ovulated about day 15 but I'm having spotting as if I'm about to get AF. It's only day 26 for me. So my question is, did you find metformin regulated your cycle and did it reduce the length? 

• Sorry that's meant to say Kez not Jez lol and just been to the toilet to find my AF has arrived early, strange 

• Hi honeybee I've only had 1 at since taking the tablets and I was half way through my cycle when I was put on the tablets so I'm not sure tbh, I have found I have had a longer af and it was different to my normal af. Normally it' dark red and lasts 3/4 days this time it started bright red then to dark red the brown (sorry tmi) so I'm hoping the tablets are working  this month will be a true month on the tablets 

Sorry I can' help anymore 

Good luck 

• Thanks Kez, mine normally start brown then heavy and dark read for five days then light and red for three days, this time it started night light red, will be interesting to see how it develops I guess. It's nice not to be emotional waiting to test this month, no stress etc as I haven't ttc this cycle. Back on it next cycle though x

• Homeybeemummy, I was given metformin to regulate my cucle 

• Homeybeemummy, I was given metformin to regulate my cycle and they have been 26/27 or 28/30 I don’t know why that is but I think once it’s in after awhile it goes on a regular cycle between 28/30 days 

• Thank you Dee2dee, what days do you normally ovulate if you don’t mind me asking?

• You‘re welcome! I actually never used opks based off the info I’ve input into the Ovia app it’s pretty much predicted my cycles like clock work so I just use  fertile days and cf. 

• Hi all, I have been reading through some of the earlier threads and am amazed by all of the wonderful support and guidance that everyone is offering each other :)

I sadly lost this week... it was my first baby (OH second) and we found out at a private scan that was already booked when I first found out (I already knew back then that I couldn't wait until 13 weeks!) we were 9 weeks 1 day but the baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks 6 days (something I wish I didn't know now as I will forever wonder what I could have done that day to prevent it happening :( ). We had met with the midwife on the Friday which was so exciting and made it feel even more real (especially for my OH as he says he felt more involved due to all the physical aspects happening to me). Started spotting the smallest amount Friday evening and tried not to worry as the hospital told me it can be very common. Was told to keep an eye on it and if there was no pain or fresh blood, it should be nothing to worry about. Over the weekend I continued to have very light spotting on and off but only when wiping so tried to put it to the back of my mind. Attended the early scan on the Sunday to be told that they couldn't find a heartbeat. We had the most awful experience with this private clinic and whilst it wouldn't have changed the devastating outcome, I felt I had to complain so that no one else has to experience the same complete lack of regard and respect that we had. We had to attend the EPU on the Monday morning to have it confirmed and then I opted for the medical route. This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to experience and I find it so incredibly sad that others go through this alone as hardly anyone talks about losses! There has been a roller coaster of emotions going on in my head and my heart this week and I just hope in time that it gets easier.

We wanted this baby so so much and I hope that the next experience is a positive one. We have incredible support around us and I hope that I can join this online community to build even more wonderful support around me. Here is to the next chapter... 

• Welcome Yellowturtle. So sorry for your loss- it’s the worst thing to experience when you’re so looking forward to Having a baby. It’s such a shock and I wish none of us had to go through it.

good luck with trying to conceive again. Fingers crossed it’s quick for you.xxx