Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 14

Replies

• Sorry that you're here but hello and welcome to any newbies, how is everyone else?

I've just got home from holiday and I've got to say that for me it was the worst I've ever been on, it was alright and fun but everywhere I looked I either saw a pregnant woman or a tiny baby. I don't think I've ever been in a place with so many babies and pregnant women in, not even the hospital I had my son in had that many and it made me feel down. A couple times I nearly started crying but thankfully my son was with me who picked me up again,im just glad it's over now. 

• Hi ladies gowns use all doing well that's me a week and 3 days from i had the miscarriage me and hubby r trying again we both said we weren't going to but I'm determined to have another baby in my arms and these miscarriages r making me more want a little bundle i feel fine emotionally now think because i just had a feeling so prepared myself for it xxxxx

• Hey ladies, i finally got my positive opk yesterday (since miscarriage) and me and oh dtd sun, Tues and last night. Really hoping it's true that you're more fertile after a miscarriage, im so unbelievably broody atm! Hope everyone else is well.x

• Hi girls how' eveyone doing?

Dee2dee how long have you been on metformin? How have they changed your cycle sorry I'm just trying to get my head round them. My doctor seems pretty convinced I'll get pregnant on them so am just wondering what to look for 

Honeybee how r u finding them now? 

• Hi everyone, I’m feeling a bit down today. My best friend is pregnant, she is 5 weeks behind where I should be and today I’ve found it really difficult and I feel terrible about it. I’m so happy for her but just can’t shift my underlying sadness. I’ve had a few positive opks this week the last being yesterday and negative again today. Tried to grab DH but he didn’t have time (was going straight out again) and I just sat in tears for ages. Never wanted it to be like this where we only dtd for one reason. We have dtd last Wednesday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but I can’t help worrying that if we don’t today we will have totally missed it. It’s so irrational and I just want to see how things go but its all I can think about. 

Hoping tomorrow is a better day. We have a royal wedding party to go to so I best get my social head on! 

Good luck to all of you and I hope you get lucky this month Bex x

• Hi kez, it’s been about 3 1/2 years since I’ve been in metformin that first year I lost some weight and it got my periods regular after awhile and I became pregnant a year later but miscarried and been pregnant 3 times since. So I really believe it’s a boost  just take longer for some then others to get in your system. 

• hey girlies hope all are well and that all medications work out or thst people ovulate or manage to dtd or whatever anyone needs I hope you all get it haha....there’s so many of us it’s hard to keep up 

I had a cinema date again today with hubby went to see deadpool 2 and loved it was funny and even a bit of a tear jerker 😢😂

ive been so calm this month hope I can keep this going even when trying again as this has been a month off :) 8 days till af due not expecting bfp this month as like I said I didn’t really try but did dtd on what I think was ovulation day so you never know my luck 

baby dust and stick beans to all 

• Hey ladies. Just thought would come in here for some Support. Me and hubby have been ttc well over two years and it wasn’t happening. First Round of clomid and we fell pg. we just couldn’t believe it. 

Anyway today I am 5wks3days and spotting has started. Hospital were monitoring My hcg and it’s dropping quickly. 

What do I do now? How long do people bleed for? How long do I wait until I can try again? 

I couldn’t get pregnant without clomid so guess I can’t do that until my next period anyway. 

Just so sad. This one would have been due on my mums birthday :-( 

i need some positivity and words of advice. I know things happen for a reason but right now it just feels cruel. 

Than in advance x 

• Hi ndg I’m so sorry for your loss especially as you’ve had a hard time getting pregnant in the first place 

when I started spotting at 9 weeks I got sent for a scan and they found the fetal pole but was only measuring 6 weeks 2 days and was given the option of let it happen naturally with no definite tine scale, a d&c which is where they operate and scrape your womb lining away essentially but it’s done blind without a camera or a medical route of taking some hormone stopping tablets and go into hospital and have pessries (think that’s what they call them - tablets up your fanny) to get me to contract you and start mc faster, I chose the last option but only needed the first tablets as I started mc a few hours later 

I bled for about a week fand tee that until everything was out most came away thst day but then had a long thing at the end of the week And then bleeding slowed and stopped

you can begin ttc Again as soon as your ready after bleeding stopped lthough docs say wait 1 cycle for dating purposes 

hope this has helped it’s. Bit long haha 

the girls here are amazing and so supportive and we will all try to help as much as we can :) 

• I had a medium reading and was told I’d conceive in May or give birth May 2019 well that’s out af just showed as scheduled. I’m not upset about the reading because I look at it as the amount of money I’d pay for opk kits each month would’ve probably equal the same for my reading. I just had high hopes on this being accurate as other women was given their time line and conceived. I’m off this ttc journey I’m about to schedule my weight loss surgery I had been putting off because we wanted to conceive but it’s not happening. I’ll be 42 next year which makes it harder and harder the older you become. I just needed a moment to rant sorry for the long read my eyes feel with tears as I write this because more and more I see it’s not meant for me to have anymore children. I’m always trying to be positive and tell others to stay encouraged when I can’t even encourage myself. 

Back to binge watching I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant

• Dee2Dee I’m sorry you’re feeling down about everything- I had a down day yesterday but trying to pick myself up today- got a smiley this morning on my clear blue so fingers crossed!!! What surgery are you having? 

perhaps you’re a bit too stressed about things and relaxing about it and planning other things might help With ttc. It’s so consuming. 

I’ve been dieting and going to gym to lose weight and get healthier so I’ve been googling nice dresses etc for a wedding we are Attending in August. Anything to try and take my mind off it!!! maybe focusing on something else will help... even a little bit?

And age Is just a number!

xxxx

• Ah Dee I’m sorry your feeling so low emj is right age is just a number and people get pregnant older that 42 

look after yourself, no matter what you decide 

and I can promise that you have been an encouragement to everyone on this page xxx

• Morning all .I had a low day yesterday when I realised this is more important to me then to my OH. To the point I think it wouldn't bother him if we never conceived again 😟

It's been awhile since this group has had a bfp, surely it's someone's time ladies?

My AF is weird due to Metformin. Normally it's late, very heavy (I get menstrual anemia) and can last for two weeks. Three weeks of being on Metformin and period came two days early, it's very light (no blood in pad, only on wiping) and seems to be finishing today which is just three days after it started. Not complaining as normally I'm doubled over in pain with a hot water bottle lol

Hope you all have a good day xx

• I'm so sorry you're feeling so down Dee2dee.

As MrsRees said, you've been such a support to so many people on this group. You are so strong.

My mum had me at 42 and I wouldn't change a thing. My midwife had her last baby at 43 and there is defiantly more of a lean towards having children over 40. I know it may not be what you imagined but there is hope x 

• aww thank you all so much this really helped me. yes we are definitely due for a bfp from all of us soon. Lorew that’s encouraging about your mom having you at 42. I’ve been putting off having weight loss surgery for a gastric sleeve because we wanted to try again but since things didn’t go as planned I’m going to go ahead and schedule the surgery hopefully I can have it before the end of the year. 

Emj3 I’ve been doing the gym sometimes not as often as I should with some walking and watching what I eat with carbs and sugar but I’m a emotional eater and lately those have been all over the place and as we know it’s a roller coaster but that’s a good idea to get your mind off things and that’s good your getting ready for the wedding I’m sure your going to be super cute when you find that perfect dress. 

• You sound more positive Dee2Dee which is great. I know what eating and dieting’s like, I struggle with it too, I always have. It’s a pain. I wonder If my weight or age had anything to do with losing the baby this year but having said that, I was the same weight for my previous pregnancy too, albeit 5 years younger. I was a lot smaller (I’d been dieting for a while) for my first and a hell of a lot younger!!!

however, I think being a bit older has a lot of positives. I’m much more ready to have a baby now than when I was 23!

Don’t give up on the baby or the surgery! you deserve both.xxx

• Thank you emj3, yea I just had a moment thanks for listening and responding. I’m definitely going to continue on my weight loss journey and move forward with the surgery who knows I might have a better chance at becoming pregnant its just they recommend 12 months before trying After surgery. 

• 12 months seems like a long time looking ahead, but you’ll be achieving some fantastic goals all though that 12 months. I bet it goes by so quickly! And you’re right, it may we’ll help with ttc not just physically but mentally too. 

Glad you are feeling a bit better! We are always here to listen x

• Hi ladies. I know most say to wait for first af before trying again (I will not be). did anyone use opk after mc Or is it best to just dtd and monitor with opk the next cycle?

i just want to plan in my head. My consultant keeps telling me wait until our next appointment to disuss but that appoint is likely to be 2-3 months and I’m not prepared to wait that long as it took us well over 2 years to conceive in the first place. Sorry for ranting I’m grouchy and frustrated today at all the waiting. Xx