Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New pregnancy 23 days from DC

hello ladies

need some answers please

im a healthy 35 years old mom. Had 3 children ages 15,7 and 4 and had them without any issue

in March i found out i was pregnant, at 9 weeks had a scan and there was no Heart beat. Done 4 more to confirm and then on the 4th Of May had a D&C

i didnt bleed much after and on the 12th of may had a pregnancy test and it said positive. Had sex on 12 and 13  thinking i cannot get pregnant if i still have the hcg in my body. On 14th tested again and it came back negative.

for few days after i keept feeling wet and my discharge was quite heavy so i assumed i was ovulating

Yesterday morning (25th of may ) i had a small bleed so i thought its early Af so inserted a tampon and didnt think about it anymore. Had some small cramps too. Few hours later... surprise! Tampon clean, no bleed so thought IMPLANTATION! Went and bought a pregnancy test knowing it should come negative and it did. Today, had another one and to my surprise... it was a faint second line. I wasnt imagining it as my friend saw it too. I read that bfp should apear 2-4 days after implantation...

any experience like that? Has anyone got positive so soon and it was a new preg? Im sure its not left over hormones as i used same preg test brand that said negative days before.  would love to hear your experiencea and your thoughts 

Replies

• Hello, first of all sorry for your loss. I also had a mmc at 13 weeks, baby had died around 8 days before and had a D&C on 2nd May. 

Are you using the same brand of test every time? Internet cheapies went negative for me about 12 days past the surgery but first response showed positive until friday(23 days past) it went negative. 😢 at first I had hoped it was a very early faint bfp but unfortunately not. It can happen though so you never know. The only way really to know is to test again and see if the line gets darker over a few days or ask you doc to do blood tests. I have literally researched this to death over the last week or so. 

Everything crossed for you. It has happened like that for some but until your test gets darker I’d be inclined to think it’s left over hcg.

Let me know how you get on x 

• i am so sorry for your loss! It is horrible! 

Sorry also for not gettinf bdp but just left over hormone.

yes i have tested every time with first response and clear blue. on same sample .those negatives were clear as anything.  I have stared at them from every light possible even with the phones torch. 

Yesterday i didnt have to do any of that. The line was very faint but there.

unfortunately i tested again today with first urine and as much as I stare at it, its bfn... so confused!

i was yesterday at the pub/play area with the kids and drank a lot of fluids and i normaly dont drink that much so im hoping that is why...my test urine this morning was very diluted stil... who knows.

i will stop testing now for a few days and wait for symptoms . Im already very constipated and bloated and have a metalic taste in my mouth. Breasts are not sore yet... so just wait a few days and re-test

will come and update you

i hope you get a bfp soon! 

This is my bfn today! 

• it really messes with your head all this testing. I just can’t help myself. We have been trying a lot and every afternoon for the last 3 days I feel really sick and have terrible heartburn and my gums are also really sore. I’m trying so hard to read anything into it but can’t help it. im lucky in a way that we are away for the weekend with no access to but tests so I can’t but have ordered some that will be at home when we get back tomorrow. Going to try and hold off until Wednesday which will be 4 weeks since the D&C but I know I won’t be able to. 

Do let me know how you get on though, seems we are in very similar situations x

• It does mess with your head indeed.

went tru same sort of stuff with my other pregnancy. Had no idea when last period was and i kept thinking i should be due so i started testing. First ones were either very faint or negative. That was at the end of march. Stopped testing after 2 days of inconclusive as i had no symptoms and one evening a week later i was sat on sofa thinking i really should be due af as i havent seen it in a while so sent bf to buy a test. First response again and after i done it checked in the living room in lower light and it was negative and then went to my bathroom upstairs and wanted to bin it so looked again and it was faint but definitely positive and that was it! I knew

yesterday walking aroud supermarket felt some sort of nausea ( didnt have any with previous pregnancy but had it with my 3 other kids) and then i thought it might he self influenced... i think sometimes we can have false symptoms that are really mostly in our heads. I hope what we have now is real. Ill hold on testing and do it on tuesday as today and tomorrow we have banl holliday so ill wait for when you test :)

friday is 4 weeks since DC for me

baby dust to both of us! 

• Hi Gabriela, how are you doing?  So I tested this morning and have a super faint line.  It hasnt helped to be honest.  Im fairly certain the FRER i did on Friday was negative but now im wondering if it was a false negative.  I keep my tests (because I am mental) and the line I have today is about the same as I had on CD22 (now CD28) the one from Friday I can now clearly see where the line should be but there is no hint of colour in it at all and it was definitely negative on Friday, couldnt even squint at one. 

So to be honest I feel like this line is still left over hcg from the miscarriage :( I am going to leave it now until Friday as if it really is something then it should definitely be darker by then if it is real.  AF would be due tomorrow if it is to come and ive been getting some mild cramps and feel like she is on her way.  It was our anniversary on Sunday so we are away for the night tonight staying in a lovely hotel and going to an amazing restauarant so I just intend to enjoy myself and assume im not.  Havent mentioned this to my hubby either as he will just think im crazy, which to be fair he has a point!

Anyway im rambling, have you tested?  Keeping everything crossed for you x

• Hey! so confusing with these damn tests. I have not tested anymore. Had some busy days at work and home, went to the movies last night and had a good time and i stayed away from supermarkets and farmacies! I will buy a new test maybe on friday :)

keep busy and enjoy your evening and try not to stress. As i said in previous posts i think the state of mind matters alot too.  I know you will get pregnant soon .

it might help but with every child i had...somehow the night we concived was the first night of sex for some days. With second one i broke up with husband for a week and we had my beautiful evelinne the night we made up and the third time i was away for two weeks at my sister and had my son on my first night Home. 

If you do get AF now is not the end of the world.   stop having sex 2-3 days after AF and have sex once just before ovulation or on the day . My dr once told me that althou mens body produces sperm all the time, the more offen men have sex, the less likely to concieve because or the quality and speed of it. So let it brew :))))) 

i do hope ur cramps are beggining of a wonderfull adventure tho! 

Ill test saturday and will come update you :)

• Good luck for when you test! I’m actually feeling pretty laid back about it all now. We had a really good chat last night and i think I will be ok if my period does come. There is no reason at all that we shouldn’t get pregnant again. We literally conceived 5 days after I had my coils removed last time and had no idea about when I was ovulating etc so it can happen. We aren’t doing it too much I don’t think, generally every 2 or 3 days sometimes more so time will tell.

we had such a great time last night x