Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Wondering what’s wrong

This  the first time I’ve used a ttc forum, it would be nice to talk to some people that understand.

I’m 29 and my Boyfriend and I have been ttc for over 2 years with no avail so I’m going to take the next step and go the doctors tomorrow.

He wants a baby but has a very relaxed atiude to it all and I feel like I have no one to talk to, all my friends either got pregnant by sneezing or haven’t been trying yet. I’ve had a miscarriage with a past partner and an abortion when I was a lot younger so I know I can get pregnant.

Another problem to add is I’m getting the worst mood swings ever being off the pill, I feel so depressed before and during my period, its probably made worse by the fact I know I’m not pregnant every month but I’m getting so low I feel genuinely depressed, I don’t want to leave the house or do anything. Im not sure if this is normal, I’m normally such a bubbly girl and that’s the side of me that people see, but really I’m just so so sad Inside.

Replies

• Options

Hi , sorry it’s been such a long journey for you both , I think your doing the right thing in seeking help from your GP , 

Have you spoken to your boyfriend about how the women’s monthly cycles works and that it isn’t as easy as just having sex , it’s knowing when your fertile days are , ovulation and timing, show him a  calendar which have your most fertile days on and explain that in that time is when baby making is only possible.

its so hard to see all these new babies or pregnant friends when your desperately wanting a little one, just say to yourself its my turn next and Focus on the positivity of this month could  the month 🙏🏼

Myself and my hubby have been ttc for 6 months with no joy , I’ve had a chemical pregnancy which was very disappointing but I pull myself together and carry on, i have Had 3 children so like you I know I get pregnant, 

i know this hard to say but have you thought about having some time out from ttc so you can get yourself and your body back in the right frame of mind , because stress is not a good factor when ttc , maybe get some of that loving relationship back with your boyfriend before ttc took over your life , i know everyone is different when it comes to wanting a baby but your happiness and health must come first .

good luck xx

• Options

Thanks Robinangel, I have been talking to him about ovulation etc... but sometimes he dosen't want to have sex at the right times, I suppose it's difficult for men if they're not feeling it. I have an appointment booked for 12th so we will go from there :) x

• Options

I know this sounds mad but I’d make him wait for sex till your a couple days from fertile days then try and get him in the mood every other day , don’t pressure him into a strict routine because it’s off putting and then it’s like a chore.. spice up the sex be spontaneous.. I hope the doctor can help xx