Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
Has your child just gone back to school or nursery? Tell us about it here on this thread.

Referred to fertility clinic

hi ladies

me and my partner have been trying for 2 years now , I was on the pill but came off that in 2013. My cycles are irregular. My bloods came back that I was not ovulating and my partners sperm count was lower than they would like. We have now been referred to the fertility clinic but I am nervous and beside myself any advice or help/words or wisdom?? 

Thanks xxx

Replies

• It's totally fine. U will be offered tests. They may want to 're test his sperm. As it changes all the time. They will do a few blood tests on yourself to check fhs and other hormones. This determines egg quality. U may be offered a test where they inject dye through the cervix to check for tube blockages. If it not ovulating I think they can prescribe medication for that. As for sperm count u only need 1 good sperm. My partners count was super low and low mobility. I am 39 with a unicornate uterus ( half a womb) and we were told IVF was what we needed yo be looking at really because of my age but to keep trying in the mean time .No medication was given. I already have an 11 year old son and no one picked up on my womb situation until I had these tests done as we had been ttc 2 years. Anyhow a week before we were due to go to a fertility clinic open day I fell pregnant naturally!!!! I am now 11 weeks pregnant after ttc 2 years and told we wud need ivf. Have faith in ur body and do all the tests. I really believe the dye test helped flush out my womb because 6 weeks after that I fell pregnant xxx hope this helps 

• Hi

wow that all sounds like a lot of testing but I guess it’s needed to Find then cause to give the best treatment. It’s good to here that there is a positive to come from it all. Congrats to you I hope all goes well! Xxx

• The tests are pretty normal and none invasive. The dye test is a little uncomfortable but worth doing. It just means they can rule out certain things that may cause infertility x best advice I can give is don't obsess. Sack off the ovulation kits. It's almost like ur body rebels when u try make it work when it's supposed to. It's best to eat and drink what u want,have regular sex and try ur best to forget about trying. That's when it will happen xxx