Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

June TWW

Replies

• sorry to hear your sad news 😞 will you wait a month before trying again? 

im struggling this week...my long cycles are really getting me down 😞 on cycle day 11 and I don’t ovulate I don’t think until cycle day 24! X

• The doctor suggested I wait a month before trying again to allow my body time to recover. So guess That would be the right thing to do, however much I just want to try again! 

Oh Char - waiting that long to ovulate must feel like ages :( have you spoken to a doctor about it? Or is there nothing they could do? xx 

• Not that I would ever go against what a doctor says, but I know many people who have tried before the month wait as they say your more fertile even after a miscarriage. Do whatever you and your body is telling you :) some people also need a months break just for their headspace! 

Yes so I’ve been told I have PCOS, having various Blood tests at the moment throughout my cycle to determine if I am actually ovulating! Just feels like the longest wait. I think about it all day every day 😞xx

• More fertile!? How would that work? Interesting...

oh bless you - what a thing to go through when trying for a baby is already difficult enough. One of my work friends has PCOS, she struggled to conceive, but does now have two very healthy children, so keep positive lovely. Xx

• Tamzing sorry to hear that, Ive heard your more fertile after an MC but not looked into why.

im 1dpo today. Heart rate hasn’t risen though so Im not sure I have ovulated. Did have positive ovulation test though.

• Not that I like going against doctors, but maybe that’s something to look into! 

Keep BDing just in case! Xx

• Thanks for the quote Tamzin :)

im not sure why you are more fertile if I’m honest! But like I said, do what feels best for you :)

i know with PCOS I will hopefully eventually conceive but at the moment I feel so inpatient. I’m not even an inpatient person. I think it’s the fact i have wanted children So badly from as long as I can remember I’m gutted it won’t come easily :( xx 

• You never know youll have problems until you start trying either. Guess you just assume everything will work as it should. Never realised it would be so hard. Really hope it all works out for you xx

• So I have just got back from hospital since I had horrible stomach pains and they did a pregnancy test which came back negative so I showed them the ones Id done at home, they then did a blood test and that came back that the pregnancy hormone is present but very very low so I have to go back on Sunday for another blood test to see if the hormone level has increased. The doctor said it’s possibly picked up a chemical pregnancy so I’m a bit down now and pretty much convinced myself that’s what it is. 

• Oh AleeahB :( I’m so sorry. Having been through this exact thing only two days ago, I know how you feel. Ive been trying to take positives from mine - we know we can get pregnant, this one wasn’t healthy so my body did the right thing, but it still feels cruel. Xxx

• Guess it’s just not meant to be :( yeah you’re right. very cruel x

• So sorry girls 😞 Gutted for you both!  I'm having one of those days where I'm being bitter about everything! No one knows we are trying to for baby so I feel like I can't speak to anyone about it and justify my mood which is why I've come on here. I didn't think it would be this difficult trying to get pregnant/stay pregnant. Just makes me scared that if I do get a BFP I still won't be able to relax...  Sending hugs to you all x 

• I know that feeling Lacey. Its so hard - we only ever get taught how to not have a baby and no one warns us about how difficult it could actually be to get pregnant when you want one so much. 

• hi girls hope you don't mind me jumping in! I'm also on my current TWW and its driving me crazy. Completely relate to Bjrg no one ever talks about how stressful and hard baby making is. We are month 4 of trying, i have 2 days left of waiting already broke and took a test this morning to be given the strongest BFN you ever saw, which has resulted in tears on and off all day! :( don't think this is my month...again!

• I've been waiting patienly until tomorrow when I'll be 13 dpo. I've not had any symptoms this month except for mood changes today which is very common for me before AF comes so I'm almost sure this won't be our month (again!) :( 

• 🙁 don't give up hope yet BabyC2017 wait to see if AF arrives, you might have tested too early! That's why I won't test until after late AF, I've only taken one pregnancy test since Nov as hate seeing BFN! I feel odd this month though, I feel like AF is on her way but I'm only 5dpo roughly so not due for another 10 days! Trying not to read into things too much though as dont want to get my hopes up...

• I'm going to wait another few days but i feel like I've lost the hope already from todays because my boobs are so sore ( they don't normally ever feel like this) and my mouth has tasted awful and my teeth have been super sensitive this week ( although this seems to have gone away) i think i'm symptom spotting because i'm wishing too hard which is why i tasted early because i thought if i felt this way already if it was meant to be it would have come up positive this morning! maybe there is still hope yet fingers crossed. I'm bringing in a new rule no tests in the house so i can't test early in future if the temptation isn't there i won't do it haha. Ahh i hope the 10 days goes fast for you and a little embryo is implanting in nicely so you get a BFP in 10 days! fingers crossed for us. Its so good to have forums like this to speak to girls in the same boat especially when you can't tell anyone else :) let me know how you get on in 10 days :) and good luck to anyone else waiting this month to test xxx

• I honestly had no clue I was pregnant until after AF was due. I was due on the Thursday, and then had symptoms on the Saturday so tested and got BFP on the Sunday. Don’t give up hope just yet! Xx

• BabyC2017 Omg! I'm the worst at symptom spotting too! My husband says I come up with something new every month lol! I need to learn to switch off but I just can't. Some days I think it's all in my head but I got woken up last night by my sore boobs, eventually had to lie on my back they were that sore, so that definitely wasn't in my head but whether or not it means I'm pregnant I'm not too sure, maybe early AF! Time will tell I guess.. I'll be sure to update whatever the outcome. GL & baby dust to everyone too x 😘 

• Me too i'm sure i think of something new each month and fail every month to forget what it feels like to come on my period as normal I forget all of the previous months symptoms and think they are new symptoms. I have had an app called Glow only ever updated my period but I've started writing in symptoms each day in the notes so I can look back each month when I start to symptom spot! is anyone taking any prenatal vits? I'm taking pregnacare and Omega 3 ( apparently they are good for egg health) I really really hope we all get BFPS soon :)