Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ovulation Test Strips - Part 13

1444546474850»

Replies

• Try not to get disheartened nelly.., I know how tough it is but you’ll get there & it’s probably absolutely nothing you’re doing wrong... even healthy couples who have sex at the ‘right time’ each month only have a 20% chance of conceiving per cycle... so you could be doing everything right and it still take a little while... but you’ll get there! Theres a documentary called ‘the great sperm race’ which you can watch in full on YouTube which is actually super interesting and explains how crazy the odds are against conception!! not saying that to get you feeling more down but hopefully to help you not beat yourself up about it not happening even when you try everything you can think of. 

Try to think of day 1 as a fresh start and before you know it you’ll be back in your fertile window! ☺️

• Yeah that is the only positive when it comes you know that it's only a few days until it's time to try again. I was definitely not prepared for how tough of a mental challenge this would be. I'll give that documentary a watch i find knowledge can be a double edged sword sometimes though. 

Thanks! 

• SW2 is right! The Great Sperm Race really opens your eyes to how difficult conception actually is. We just think sex around ovulation job done but there’s so much more too it 😏 yes some of us are lucky and fall pg first go but that’s just not the case for us all!! 

It generally takes 1-2 years which is classed as acceptable by doctors and gynaecologists its only if you are over 35 that they say 6 months and get the ball rolling with help just in case:)

Good luck hun u will get there 😊🤞

• Momma you will get thier ☺nelly you will too☺bex I would just do opks from now until you get a positive you will.get thier ☺my af has nearly stopped so by Tuesday I will be like a bull in a china shop😁😁😁

• Emj it's hard seeing babies and being so bloody broody i just want to snuggle them ☺you will get thier lovely.its perfectly normal to still think of your loss it never goes away i still think of my boy which was 27yrs ago it gets easier but still very early days for you.huge hugs xx

• Thanks Tracy. I’m think I’m doing ok in general. It just sometimes feels that everyone’s lives have moved on in my family and mine‘s still a bit stuck in March or my July due date. I think my mum‘s is a bit stuck too to be fair. She took it really hard. It is getting easier But I hope another baby will ease the pain a little bit more.

I can’t believe the pain people on here have been through but I hope the babies already on their way and the babies yet to come, that will definitely come, help to bring happiness and a little healing.

glad you’re af’s Nearly over. Fingers crossed for This cycle.

i hope this is a good month for everyone.xxx

• I feel a bit like that as well EmJ.  I feel like my year has totally been taken over and half of it lost.  It was great until April when it all went wrong and ever since my loss I have just been obsessed with getting pregnant again.  I feel like I need to take a huge step back from it and have even considered giving up altogether as I feel like my mood swings and lack of attention are just not fair on my husband and 2 wonderful boys. 

After finding out cycle 6 was a no I really feel like I need to just stop all of the temping and OPKs etc but I had started the process with my doctor so am going to have to keep with it this month just so I know where I'm at for my day 21 (or 7dpo) blood tests.  Ive just had my Day 3 tests and they are checking all sorts so I feel a bit better that something is being done.  If this month is another no then I'm definitely backing off.  I cant keep putting myself through this and need to get on with my life.  If it happens then it happens but I cant keep up with the obsession.  I'm just worried that in reality I wont be able to...

Anyway, so today they have tested for all sorts:

FSH

LH

Female Testosterone

Kidney and Liver function

Blood sugars

Full blood count

Progesterone

Thyroid

Fingers crossed everything will come back fine, they said results should be back in around a week....

I hope everybody else is well x

• Razored Carrot 🤞🤞🤞 for good results and a snuggly little bean very soon 😘

• Razor I totally get it. It’s like an obsession isn’t it. Maybe a more relaxed approach will actually help your body and mind to relax a bit about it. It could be a good thing. They do say when you relax about it, it happens.

fingers crossed for you.xxx

• hi everyone, my opks have never let me down. Normally the day after a positive, my temp goes up. This month, I got a positive at least 3 days earlier than normal for me (12 days) but when I checked my temp it’s still low. Is it possible I just haven’t ovulated yet?

Ive included a pic of my very visibly positive opk. 

Thanks for the help! image

• Hi everyone, we can see this thread is approaching the 1k post mark, so have kicked you off a new one. We'll be closing this thread in a day or so, so you all have a chance to see this post. 

NEW THREAD THIS WAY! Please come on over.