Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Ovulation tests help!

I believe to be in my fertile window, day of expected ovulation is on the 28th. Ive been testing for the last 6 days getting very faint lines, but the control line doesn’t seem to be that strong either. I took another one this afternoon that looks stronger, would you say I could be gearing up for ovulation? Although not ovulating yet 

the top test is from this morning and the bottom from 1pm. 

any advice?? 

Replies

• Yep, Almost a positive by the looks of it, I'd be BD tonight and every other day until tests get lighter if I were you. Good luck! 

I took another test this evening (the bottom one) and it appears quite faint? Although I’ve drunk a lot so I’ve put it down to it being diluted! Going to compare my tests tomorrow several times to see if I get same results as today, hopefully I am gearing up for ovulation!

thats my plan lots of BD whenever I can and have done that ever since AF stopped this cycle! Fingers crossed 🤞 

ive been experiencing constant cramps for the last 24 hours and what can only be described as hunger pains and movement, it’s not extremely painful but consistent enough to be considered pain I’m not sure whether this is ovulation or something else 🙈

• might be deiluted or you might have already ovulated, i'm due to ovulate Friday so will start testing from tomorrow. I'm usually on time although even with perfect clockwork cycles I still haven't managed to fall pregnant 😞 Staying hopeful though and going to change things up a bit this cycle! 

• That’s what I thought, I’m used to the digital ovulation kits so these are all new to me and hard to read! apart from a days difference here or there I am spot on when it comes to expected ovulation and AF so hoping this continues to be the case. I don’t think I BD enough in my fertile window which is possibly why I haven’t caught yet, hoping all my efforts this month will have helped! 

Good Luck! What else do you do/have you done in your journey of TTC?? X

i took another test and I think it looks the same but still not a positive... ive Been having cramps since Sunday and just haven’t felt right at all, doctors appointment booked in for tomorrow to get checked over ☹️ Feel like I’m going crazy sometimes and I don’t know whether it’s linked to ttc or what!

• I drive myself crazy too! I think we all do it whilst trying to conceive. I'm taking NHP fertility supplements and seeing a fertility massage therapist, only had one session with her but she has also helped me change my diet... Trying all i can naturally before our 1 year of trying is up then I'll hopefully get the doctors to help if we haven't been successful. Previously I have been obsessing over ttc but taking a more laid back approach now and promising myself I won't symptom spot Or do Any testing unless AF is late. I only take about 5 OPK's one a day, like I said before though I pretty predictable so it's just to double check. 

How long have you been ttc? 

• Haven’t really been trying persay, but haven’t used contraception for a year and a half, and been leaving it down to nature. The last 3 months I have been tracking ovulation, using OPK’s and checking CM and all that jazz. How long have you been ttc??

• This is our 8month trying but only our 3rd month properly if that makes sense. I was very niave at the start and thought you just had sex and got pregnant anytime during your cycle... Little did I know quite how complex the whole ttc thing is! i got a bit obsessive last month but other then tracking ovulation taking a more relaxed approach again. Hope you get your BFP soon lovely 😊

• It is so complex isn’t it! Yes I’ve become quite obsessive, after a chemical pregnancy/early miscarraige in April I’ve been obsessed with trying to get pregnant, which in turn has made me feel so down! 

I’m trying to take more of a relaxed approach too, in hopes it’ll help me feel less stressed and allow me to conceive. 

Thank you! Hope you get your BFP soon too! 😘

Are you ttc baby #1 or??

• I'm sorry to hear that, it must make you want it even more going through MC. Keeping everything crossed for you 😘 

This is our first baby so worried there might be something wrong but trying to think positive. I've had so many womanly medical issues that In the back of mind I know something isn't right but just got to wait the year out before doctors will do anything. Its easy to put pressure on yourself but I've actually realised that there's no need so I'm just going to relax and try to enjoy ttc and if it doesn't happen naturally by xmas then we know we can start looking at other routes. I keep telling myself it WILL happen, but good things take time so just got to be patient and trust the timing. 

• Thank you lovely 😘 I won’t lie it has been one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to go through, and mentally I’m still really suffering now, but it has made me even more determined to look for the future and one day getting my rainbow baby! 

It is completely rational to feel that way, I think many women do because we are so maternal and want It so bad! There are so many cliches people say to you regarding ttc ‘itll happen when you least expect it’ ‘stop trying it will happen’ ‘you can just try again’ ‘don’t stress’ the list goes on with the things people say. Each journey is so different, of course we all want to fall quickly and naturally but sometimes it’s not the case, just try not to think negatively, work on things that make you happy, enjoy doing the deed with your other half, and one day it’ll happen and how you’re feeling right now will be a distant memory. It may happen next month, or even next year... who knows... but when it does happen, how amazing will that be! 

Im keeping my fingers crossed for us both and wishing lots of baby dust! 💖

Regarding the beginning of this post, I took a few more ovulation tests to see the result and there is barely a second line... I was due to ovulate today and my cycle has always been bang on. From the lines I got earlier in the week, I’m guessing I’ve already ovulated, which is quite early in my cycle😩

Since Sunday I’ve been experiencing tummy cramps and now today my boobs have turnt super heavy and very sore!! I don’t usually get these symptoms until AF is due which by my calculations is the 12th July... I have no idea what’s going on this month 😩 

• Thanks KatieLou 😘 It is a very difficult journey indeed but so grateful to have found people in the same boat as me on this forum. i ovulated early last month, it can happen but hopefu if you've still BD around then you'll still be in with a chance. Also if you've ovulated early chances are you'll come on early But fingers crossed this is our month. Hoping you get your rainbow baby xx 

• Me too, so many amazing people giving advice and sharing experiences is so lovely! 

I think I’m just going to have to go with the fact I’ve ovulated early, I’ll keep testing just incase. I felt like we BD a lot when AF finished so hopefully this is out month! 

Fingers crossed 🤞 for us both! Xx

• imageDo you think that's a positive opk?

• Obrooker that’s not quite positive yet as the test line has to be the same colour as the control line. Yours is getting close! Looks like you’re gearing up for ovulation! 

• hi again obrooker (cycle twin 😂) looks very, very close to me. I reckon I'll get my positive opk tomorrow so we can see the tww out together again!