Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

5dpo anyone else in the same boat?

1111213141517»

Replies

• Awhh LucyBubbles, I am so happy for you. I am crying tears of joy. We will be due around the same time 😊 

KatieLou, it will definitly happen soon for you. Fingers crossed. A major symptom for me was (tmi) lots and lots of creamy CM. I had to wear panty liners! Also, my boobs were and are still so tender so bad I’m going for maternity bras today as normal bras are causing so much pain 😳 Xxx

• Massive congratulations ladies who have got their bfps im on cycle 3 following my twin misscarriage in June, I had a positive opk on 1st sept so what dpo shoild I be today I’m so confused? Any help appreciated xx

• It can definitely take over, but me and my OH are really calm about it! We were both a little gutted last cycle, due to thinking I actually was and we both imagined what it would be like... but that’s natural! 

I understand you’re nervous, it’s such a shame that unfortunately TTC can be tinged with such anxiety, but as much as it can be scary, this pregnancy is new, and like you say you’ve read stories. I have no doubt this will be a lovely successful pregnancy for you lucy 🙂 

I know TTCendo, Im keeping my fingers crossed for this next cycle in hopes I’ll get my BFP 🤞 Ouch on the boob pain, they can be so painful sometimes poor you! 🙈 xxx

• Aww bless you ttcendo thats sweet! Yes i worked it out as like 23rd may. Quite a good time of year really. I haven't really had any symptoms but its still early.

Thanks katielou i really hope so. 

Graces mum i would say 6 xx

• Thankyou for replying Lucy xx

• KatieLou, last cycle I didn't use OPKs or anything. TBH we only dtd twice as we had just come back from America and celebrated OHs birthday, we were exhausted. He keeps saying ' See I told you if would happen if you didn't stress' and he was right ha. (I haven't admitted that to him though haha.

The only stress I have now is telling my headteacher, shes's not the most discreet. My first appointment is on the 25th September an I will be roughly 7 weeks. She has stipulated that any doctors appointments need to be outside of working times. (However, she wouldn't be able to stop me if she knew it was an antenatal) What do you think I should do? 

LucyBubbles, we aren't telling the family yet either until our first scan. I have told my best friend though who has very kindly offered to pay for us an early scan :) So we will tell the parents after that. 

Gracesmum28, you usually ovulate the day after a positive OPK so I'd say 6/7 dpo. Although, I must have ovulated early as according to my app I was only 7/8 dpo when I tested with a Clear Blue Digital and they are 25mui sensitivity!! xxx

• I would just tell her to be honest. You don't know how this pregnancy is going to affect you with regards to nausea etc. I got terrible morning sickness with my son and so am preparing myself for the same. Its better they know so they can be more understanding. I work with only one other person and im in charge so kinda gotta hold it together aha just hoping my sickness waits until after i get back from mexico xx

• I've been getting sickness already tbh, waves throughout the day and worse at night. I just really don't want it getting around the school. The SENCo and Key Stage 1 leader (my manager) are her best friends. I'm really stuck as I teach a class of 25 with some really boisterous characters in and need a risk assessment but I just don't want anyone knowing. xxx

• I usually find mine starts about 5-6 weeks in. If you already feel a bit rough i would deffo just say. Especially if you get physically sick as well as just nausea. Sounds like it would be wise to say even though you dont want to xx

• I know you are right 😊 I’m just so worried about something happening and everyone knowing. I might write a letter asking for confidentiality until I’m ready to tell everyone myself xxx