Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Looking for ttc friends

Replies

• Hi all   Thought I'd jump on and say hi  

I too have had a miscarriage so I know what you've been through. 

I do have a 1 year old now and ttc baby 2 well baby 3 if you count miscarriage. 

Baby dust. Xx

• Thank you for your message Anderson. 

It doesn't help when you're not sure what's going on. This cycle has been so strange for me and it's beginning to get me down even though we only for three months. So, hope I am, but the heavy day of period has given me stomach cramps today. 

Good luck dear and baby dust to you too. X

• Hi everyone,

wanting to join a chat where I can air out all my thoughts and concerns. ive been TTC since January this year. No children as of yet so will be my first. im just so tired of trying and nothing happening. All my friends seem to be getting pregnant and they aren't trying but it just happens so naturally and fast for them and I feel like it's so draining constantly waiting every month to try again and hoping the next will be different and the one. I feel joining a forum like this will help me understand that I'm not alone and there are plenty of other women who it just takes a little more time for. I can't begin to imagine the pain of those of you who have MC. Such stories and strong women of each and every one of yous already makes me feel hope and encouragment. I have PCOS and possibly endometriosis which takes years to properly diagnose. I'm hoping despite the PCOS I can still conceive naturally and here's to hoping each and every one of you get your BFP.

baby dust all around and I look forward to making new friends.xxx

• Hi ladies I'm too trying to conceive can you tell me what you think of of my opks one yesterday and 2 today.image I've also done a.clearblue ov and it was negative 

• hi jades2409 

i mc in Feb at 12 Weeks (only knew I was pregnant for 2 Weeks) and been trying ever since... all my friends have fell pregnant without trying too and for me it’s just not working. I thought maybe I have pcos but nothing showed on scans :/ so your not on your own, it just takes longer for some people, mainly the wrong way round! :( 

baby dust xx

• Hi Leah,

so sorry to hear about your MC, and as for PCOS that's good news, did you start trying aswell? Hopefully our time is soon! xx

• Im the same Lou, well old before my time 👵🏼 That’s when you know you are ready for kids ey!! Haha your friday night sounds my idea of heaven. 

hiiii newbies, sorry to hear of your mc Leah. A few of us have been there, it’s crazy how common it is. Was it a natural mc? Sometimes your body just takes a little time to return to the way it was, apart from your 2 missed periods have your cycles returned back to normal? Have you tried OPKs? 

Hi jade - my friend has PCOS never thought she could have children she got told she couldn’t and now shes literally being induced this week! Don’t lose hope, it may take longer but it can very well happen. Regardless of the PCOS, it might just be that it would take this amount of time even for someone without PCOS. Don’t forget, doctors say it can take up to a year for a “healthy“ couple to conceive. Have you tried using an OPK at all? i swear by them. I was pregnant in April and that was the first month we decided trying. I definitely think it had something to do with knowing where my body was up to so I use those and an app called flo 

we’re all in it together ladies 🙂 best of luck xxx

• Hi Brookes

yeah hopefully it's not the PCOS that is the problem, if by Jan next year we haven't managed to conceive then I'll be going to the doctors for help. Yeah I use OPK and for the first time since trying I've actually managed to find my peak and ovulation, I did one yesterday and one the day before, both clear as day darker than the control line so have done the baby dance both them days. Hoping to tonight however we're both fairly tired from work so ill just see how we both feel later. I don't want to push him and make him feel like he has to. Hopefully tho it's enough from the past two days. Shall soon find out in a couple of weeks or so! Where are you at in terms of TTC?xx

• Jades2409 & Brooke’s - natural miscarriage, very unexpected though, you never think that that could happen to yourself! My cycles are back to normal now. We werent ttc when I fell pregnant as I was so convinced that puppies were the way forward lol but since that pregnancy all I’ve ever wanted is a baby, I get sooo broody seeing others have healthy pregnancies and just want to experience it for myself! I haven’t tried opks yet but I will, I’ve just started taking “pregnacare conception” tablets which are supposed to be really good for conception maybe try that girls! 

I feel the same in regards to not Wanting to seem pushy to my other half but luckily he’s feeling the same way I am lol... we’ve been together since we were 12 So it’s a long time coming! 

• My friend got told last year she couldnt ever have babies, fell pregnant late November and gave birth at the weekend! It can happen it’s just annoying how long it takes :( someone told me to take my mind off trying to conceive, just completely block it from your mind, do bits as normal and you’ll fall pregnant easy peasy... stressing over not getting pregnant prolongs the conceiving stage apparently, not sure how true that is but it’s just the way our crazy bodies work xx

• Ohh Leah, really hope your time comes soon! I'm sure it will, and yes I'm the same! When people used to say how cute children looked I never saw it, until last year when I had a pregnancy scare and once I saw it was negative I got really disheartened, that's when I knew I was ready, spoke to my partner and he was on the same page which I was surprised at but obviously happy! And yeah I've thought about taking tablets but I need to do my research before hand which I think is my next step after this month if it's a BFN.

i just try not to act pushy or too full on, and he works all hours god sends so during the week he's like a zombie 😂 My god since you were 12! That's amazing! Not many people can say that! xx

• Yours too! And honestly I used to look at kids and think ughhh, but I think you only grow on it when you get that little bit of experience! My mum and Dad are so shocked that I changed my mind so quickly! I’d definitely look into the tablets, the one I’m taking gives you more folic acid intake which is good for conceiving, got 10 days till ovulation Starts so hopefully it might kick start it. fingers crossed for you!! 

Were both the same when it comes to that, we both work crazy hours so its just seeing how we feel but as we’re ttc we’re both eager to... I know!! Last time I heard of that was my man and grandad lol xx

• Yours too! And honestly I used to look at kids and think ughhh, but I think you only grow on it when you get that little bit of experience! My mum and Dad are so shocked that I changed my mind so quickly! I’d definitely look into the tablets, the one I’m taking gives you more folic acid intake which is good for conceiving, got 10 days till ovulation Starts so hopefully it might kick start it. fingers crossed for you!! 

Were both the same when it comes to that, we both work crazy hours so its just seeing how we feel but as we’re ttc we’re both eager to... I know!! Last time I heard of that was my nan and grandad lol xx

• Leah,

yeah it will be a shock for them aha, becoming grandparents (if they arent already) my partners mum was so set on us waiting and not having children till we're a bit older but suddenly she's ready for grandchildren and won't stop talking about them 😂My mums always been supportive which im very lucky to have. I'm 22 and my partner is 24, but we're at a stage now where we both feel ready, weve just bought our first house after renting for two years which is exciting!

yeah I'll definitely look into them, if it's going to help then definitely worth it! And ohhh hopefully then this will be your month! And if not this month at least your body will have had plenty of time to take in the new tablets for the month after!

Yeah I must admit when I'm ovulating we tend to get a little carried away, but we've said now we don't want to put too much pressure on our self and stress over it, I'm just trying to stay relaxed and let nature run its course. And yeah, I've only ever know my grandparents and my auntie and uncle to have had something like that. Very rare xx

• Hello ladies,

Haven't checked in for a while. Hope everyone is doing ok 😊

I completely get the pressure part on oh. I'm trying to not be so clinical and jump on him ad go back about dtd too much...but its so hard. Oh works in London and we liveinnthe Midlands so he's normally shattered by the time he gets in. I'm 2dpo and managed to dtd 3 times in fertile week as we just couldn't manage anymore this cycle. X

Sending everyone baby dust. Xx

• *and go on about dtd too much.

*Live in the Midlands

(Sorry for typos 🙈)

• Hi sas, yeah I feel the same, like I'm crazy about it half the time and constantly want it, if it was up to be I'd be dtd 4 times a day 😂 But he's just so tired after work, he works all over the uk and there's a lot of driving and then the actual work. So when he's home he likes to just rest which I understand, we dtd twice in our fertile week so I'm hoping it's enough. I'm 1DP.

baby dust xx

• They say it only takes that one swimmer to get there at the right time...I just hope it's happened for us this month. We are very close together Jade in cycle. When is your AF due? I'm due 29th. X

• hopefully! im getting to a point now where every time I test and see a BFN im just so gutted, trying not to get too worked up about it tho. And my AF is due 30th so 1 day apart, wouldn't it be amazing if we both got our BFP together x

• So hoping this month and have fingers crossed 🤞 I really want to be more relaxed and have things planned to take mind of it but only time will tell. Are you planning on testing early? X