Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1 dpo - anyone else want to join me?

1444546474850»

Replies

• Thank you Char, I decided not to worry about that part as the BD is done, can't change that. However I measured my temp twice this morning and at first it was 36.8 then I measured it again immediately after the first one and it was 36.9

Now If I put 36.9 in it gives me the ovulation for Saturday and I am 3DPO today, if I put in 36.8 it says I have not ovulated yet. OPKs have been negative since yesterday, but I still have some EWCM. So confused, what do you think people who've been charting BBT? 

5/6DPO I know exactly what you mean, I usually start going crazy at that point :) 

• I would definitely use the latter temperature. Sometimes when I used to take my temp I was half asleep still so wouldn't have it in my mouth right so used to do twice in case haha xx

• Oh, ok, thank you so 36.9 is the correct one and I did ovulate on Saturday / Sunday, thanks Char!!!

When are you planning on testing?

Also can I ask has anyone's DH been tested at all? Mine will go in two weeks and I think is is nervous about it...

• I want to test now Ags hahaha! Not sure when, I don't have any tests at home yet! 

My DH had his, I just left him to it and didn't put much pressure on him haha! Just told him what he needed to do and to keep warm!! Xx

• Welcome to the tww ags! Sounds like you have all that you need to make this work and that you bd'd at the right time!! Now let's hope for some magic and luck! :)

I am 7dpo today.. I don't feel as obsessed as I was yesterday haha! I am a little more at peace with it! Maybe it's because of my relaxing night (dh had a relaxing bath, tea and candles ready for me when I got home!). Anyway, I still reallyyyy hope that this is the month, but what else can I do at this point anyway.. Planning to test next Wednesday ahead of my doctor's appointment.

• Keep warm? Sorry, what does that mean? I thought hot baths and such are forbidden.?

I have to admit I am a little bit worried as no success for half a year and everything is spot on with me it did cross my mind what if his soldiers are a bit slow? Everything was ok with him then if you don't mind me asking? Was it in the UK? How long did it take to get the results back? Sorry for the million questions..

Also is it normal to have watery cm after ovulation?

• Kitty, didn't know you had a doctor's appointment, will that be just a chat or are you having blood work done? 

• Hi Ags! We are trying for more than 6months now and my tests and my DH test were all great! Some times just needs time I guess. I wish it was easier but for me it wasn't so far for sure. 

Yesterday I had cramps like af is coming so maybe will be out for this month. We'll see soon.

• Ags sounds like you’re doing everything right. I had an unrelated appointment today with a nurse and was saying we were trying and she said it’s still early days and not to worry so much.

Billy your night sounds lovely! It’s always nice when they do wee surprises for you!

I think that’s my plan for tonight. Although i knew af is due soon with the symptoms I still done a test this morning...bfn 😢 So bath and chill night it’ll be tonight and plan for next time 😂

• Ags once he's done his business in a pot he needs to keep warm for it to be tested. My DH done at home and then took straight to hospital (they don't allow him to do it there)

His came back fine...if your DH's doesn't you don't need to panic straight away! They usually do a 2nd and it's very common for the 2nd then to be okay! I'm in the UK and I think it was a week wait? Doctors then called to give results xx

• Oh, thank you, I don't know if he'll have to do it at home or there. He said it'll be the 7th of Feb, that's all I know as he doesn't really want to discuss it, I assume he's just nervous. 

apart from us not being successful for 5 months have no reason to think something is wrong with his stuff. Probably you are right and sometimes even if everything is perfect couples still need more time to conceive. 

We are also in the UK so should be done in a week, that's not too bad. He is 31, hopefully will be ok. 

As the months go by I find it more and more difficult to believe this is our month, maybe that is also an issue as you must have a positive mindset. I also get nervous around O day and worry we don't BD enough or not doing it at the best time to catch the egg, does it happen to you as well?

• Yeh I get really worried about the times we actually do it as due to our work schedules I’m normally up a lot earlier than him and most nights we have something on so it’s always late at night  we do the BD. I panic as I get the positive in the morning at like 6am but we don’t normally have time until late!

• Yes, that is what I mean, I hate thinking omg, me being this stressed about BDing is definitely not helping, why can't I just relax, but then it just gets worse haha, women are so difficult sometimes! :) I wish I could take it easy and not think about TTC at all

• Ags - I usually try to take the first 2 weeks from af very easy and relax to try to set the mood for the 2ww if you will. I get a little nervous around o, but as long as I bd twice, I am happy.. I always do some research during af to see what I should add to my diet or how to my lifestyle and I stick to one or two new things for the month.. it makes me feel like I did what I could and I can relax a little bit more. This month it was grapefruit juice every morning, brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds with breakfast. It includes everything else I've been adding to my routing over the last 7 months (exercise, prenatal vitamin, good night sleep, more natural beauty and cleaning products, etc)..

I have a doctor's appointment for something unrelated next wednesday, but I plan to ask him about my light periods if I don't have my bfp that morning.

• Yeh its hard being women lol!

Billy it defo sounds like you’re doing the right stuff! I’m planning on doing the grapefruit juice foe Next cycle as I’ve only just heard about it. Fingers crossed it’s the bfp before you go to dr!

• Announcement!

Hi everyone, we can see this thread is approaching the 1k post mark, which is fantastic, but it also means it's getting quite tricky to load, so we have kicked you off a continuation thread. We'll be closing this thread in a day or so, so you all have a chance to see this post. 

NEW THREAD THIS WAY!  Please come on over.

Please make sure you click on the new thread and hit the GREEN FOLLOW button so you don't miss out on any posts. 

• Oh I’ve just seen that we can’t carry on this thread!! :(

thats such a shame! Xx

• Hi Billy how can i forget you lot 😊. Im glad you dont mind me popping in. I werent sure if i was being a nuisance still being around and didnt want to seem like im shoving it in your faces so ive mostly been quiet. I will post scans if you want to see etc. Im 15+2 now. Feeling alot better morning sickness wise but me, Hubby and our 2.5 year old are all ill with a chest infection 👎 xx

• Hi Ellie34, we're not closing the thread, it just carries on over here. Please do come on over, it's just this thread is too long and a bit tricky loading on some devices. We would dream of closing a lovely thread like this! 

• Hi guys!!! 

Just popped over to see if anyone is still active - how did everyone get on???? My BFP back in Oct 2018 is now 9.5 month old Rory! How is everyone else?