Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sorry, new to this. Trying for first baby: anyone want to join in?

Replies

• I am 21 and it‘s my 3rd year of college. 

• Thank you so much. can I ask how did you balance school and work with a bab? do you think it would be more difficult if the father wasn’t there ? 

• Thank you 🙏🏽 you’re making it clear to me that I need to voice my concerns a little more to my partner, I’ve just been hesitant to because I know he really wants one and I don’t want to come off as I don’t want one with him or in general. 

• I had a baby in my 3rd year of uni. Unplanned. i wouldn’t change it now but it was very difficult. We had to rent a house and my oh’s income was very low So we struggled financially- big time. I also had to grow up fast, even though I was 23. I then trained to be a teacher the following year. It was hard with a baby but we managed it. i think it’s worth thinking of your finances because it took years for us to be able to buy our own house. It really depends on what your priorities are.

We had another baby but nearly 7 years later Because we really couldn’t afford it. The second time was easier. We were in a better position financially, married and with our own home. 

I wouldn’t change it because I love the fact that me and my daughter have so much in common now she is a teenager and we get on generally very well. 

It’s a hard decision but make sure you talk through everything carefully with your oh. Good luck.xxx

• Hi, this is all very new to me too! I was hoping for thoughts on this or has anyone else experienced it. I read online some women can sort of feel symptoms REALLY early. I wasnt actually planning a pregnancy but I wasn’t being careful either. i had unprotected sex the day before my ovulation window (5 days before ovulatio). I use a calendar to have a rough idea but it’s usually pretty accurate every month.I’m aware sperm can last 5 and possibly up to 7 days in your body so i could still become pregnant. Ever since about my 3 day in my ovulation window I’ve had really sore boobs and just a bit nauseous. I’ve also been really tired. sore boobs is also really uncommon for me as I don’t even feel tender around my period. Is it possible to have pregnancy symptoms this early? I’m only 3dpo. Whatever the outcome is, I will be happy regardles. tge wait from now until able to test is a nightmare!! I’d this all in my head or can it happen?

• So sorry to hear Rockys! Sending virtual hugs xx

• Babybumps this is my 2nd cycle ttc (first tracking ovulation). I am also feeling really exhausted and wondering if that could be a symptom!! Having said that, last month I had sore boobs which I never get before AF and I wasn’t pregnant. Seems like the only thing to do is wait until we can take a test 😩

• Financially not being able to support myself and a baby is definitely what scares me the most. I really appreciate your advice, I’m glad I came on here ☺️

•  the two week weight feels like forever hahaha, just a waiting game I suppose. However I have read women feeling similar to us and turned out to be pregnant so we will just have to wait and see. I hope you recieve the answer you are looking for xxx

• Likewise babybumps - let me know how you go! I think I can take a test on Fri/Sat 🤞🏻 

• Hey ladies !!

I am also a first timer Just started my 3rd cycle after going off birthcontrol which means im not pregnant :( however this period is much more normal to my usual the last two since going off birth control were very light and not much like my normal flow. Just wondering if anyone has any info or advice on this matter like maybe it means I didn’t ovulate the last two and I’m finally regular meaning more likely to conceive :D I’m hopeful LOL it’s nice to be apart of this and I hope you all get what you want soon ❤️

Ashley

• Hello ladies, 

After reading the lovely advice some of you gave me,  talking for hours with my best friend, and praying about it, I decided I really do want to have a little miracle. As of now I know I am not financially ready but with the support of my partner and my circle I know we can make it work, now and forever I’m determined to give my future baby everything I didn’t have. 

We’re planning to start actively trying in a couple months so I guess we’ll see what happens. Plus my mother has been dropping grandchildren hints at me 😂

• Hello,I'm new here,been trying for our first baby since July,no such luck as yet,would like to have some people to talk too who are going through the same,any advice and tips are very welcome xx

• Welcome Amy May! I agree it’s nice to have a support system 

• Hi Amy May and Amarie and all! My husband and I just started trying beginning of this month. I'm supposed to be able to test beginning of November but I'm not very hopeful this cycle. I have zero symptoms... Feel totally normal... and was on the pill for 11 years before this. I was pregnant for a veeeeery short time 3 years ago and I remember feeling the symptoms and the surprise and shock of it all. I know it's early and other couples have been trying for so long and in this moment I wish that crazy accidental pregnancy had worked out even if I didn't feel totally ready and wasn't trying for it at the time, but I know everything happens for a reason. I hope next year I can be out trick or treating instead of passing out candy :) little ones in costumes are too cute. I can't wait to see a first timer post a BFP on this thread. Wishing all good things to you all! 

Hi guys I’m new here And really need some opinions on this pregnancy test. My period is not due for another 4 days. I took this test in the morning and the second line popped up immediately. I know clear blue is known for Evap lines But the  line made itself known as the dye was running across. Does anyone else see the line? And what do you think?  TTC.

• Thankyou, just finding some days very overwhelming and would love to hear some words of wisdom and encouragement sometimes xx

• Thank you for my welcome,let's hope we can all get some good news soon xx

• AF came and then so has a job opportunity and interview is same date as estimated ovulation....I'm so torn! 

• Got my flashing smiley face this morning,so positive vibes this weekend along with lots of fingers crossed xx