Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

November 2018 TTC

Replies

• Hi guys, extremely new to this so bare with me. I'm also useless at the abbreviations and have no idea what they all mean. 

I started off with uterus didyphelis with double vagina...I had that operated on as I was told it could hinder my chances of having a family ... 

Now it's meant to have been sorted, me and my partner have decided that because we've been given another chance, to start trying.... 

I came off the pill October 21st...had 4 days of withdrawal bleeding  which ended on 29th October...we've not used anything & have decided to let nature take its course... been DTD since I took my last pill...

However I'm mega bloated today, been experiencing major headaches for the past 4 days, just don't feel 'normal', am very achy...obviously it's far too early to tell what's what, but is there a chance or could it just be something of nothing?

• Hi all, I’m 31 and TTC number 3. Had difficulty conceiving first baby but fine second baby, we’ve only decided this cycle to try again and already it’s taken over my life thinking about it! It took so long first time around and I have horrendous pregnancies so just feel an anxious mess already but really want baby number 3! GL to all this month! I’m currently 7dpo. 

• It’s so nice to find some ladies in the same position! I wish the best of luck to you all!!

I quit my bcps in July & have had long cycles (35, 34, & 38 days) with light/short periods & I was super emotional & had terrible pms this last period. I am now on cd 4 & have calmed down, but felt like I needed to connect with some people who understand. I have 4 pregnant friends that all got pregnant 2 months after starting ttc! 2 had been off the pill for a year & 2 just quit theirs. I am feeling guilty & mad I didn’t stop my pill sooner & use an alternate method in the interim, but I haven’t found a time machine yet so I am working with what I have. Planning to use opk this month, but I am frustrated my cycles are so long & I have to wait the extra week each month. I am almost 34 & this is our first time trying.

It is crazy how it just takes over your life! I also think it’s unfair that the time you are testing/tww  & then get a bfn is when you are pms-ing!!

• DSW

Welcome! It helps tremendously to be able to connect with others that are going what you are going through. For me it's a huge comfort. 

I am currently on CD 26. I was diagnosed with pcos about 2 years ago and since the birth of our second son, had horribly irregular cycles. I would sometimes only have 2 periods a year. This go around I started drinking a fertility tea after going off of the pill. For 3 cycles now I have had normal regular 26 day cycles. It has helped me to ovulate as well. 

I know how frustrating it can be when other around you are falling pregnant so easily and it feels like it consumes your every moment. But we are here for you. 

• @dsw it took me a year after I stopped the pill to have my first so I completely understand your frustration. Hang in there everyone's body is different. 

@tryingtc2018 headaches are quite normal soon after leaving the pill , usually around ovulating . I have also experienced some headaches since leaving the pills

• Hi,I would like to join too please!! We've been trying since July with no luck as yet, at first we just tracked my period using a calendar,that didn't work so I ordered some ovulation sticks off amazon and didnt find them overly clear so this cycle have used a clear blue ovulation test which is very easy to understand(I've still been using the other ones as a type of confirmation though) so hopefully we've hit the nail on the head this month,good luck to everyone xxx

• I totally feel you with the long Cycles mine usually range from 33-36 days, when Your period comes it feels like forever until u can next find out!!! My cycles have always been long it took me 10 months ttc my first

• Hi all. I’m officially on this thread now for November! 

I’m on CD 9 and this is my third month TTC. I came off the pill in August after been on it for 10 years. Have been using opk since coming off the pill but I’m not entirely sure I have actually ovulated since coming off? I have though had 2 period since (the 2nd one though was a weird one and wasn’t actually a period with fresh red blood seemed to be old blood) sorry tmi. 

im Hoping I actually ovulate this month and that month 3 is the one. Did an opk yesterday and was negative so will continue to do it once a day ! 

• TryingTTC2018 & MandyN: I have been having headaches too! I am wondering if all the hormones from being on the pill for 17 years are finally getting out of my system. I also had the worst PMS since I was a teenager with horrible mood swings & I was so angry & could hardly stop crying...I hope it doesn’t continue being that way. 

Amy May 84: I have been just tracking symptoms on the calendar as well, but going to start ovulation strips from Amazon. I was wondering how user friendly they will be...

Thank you all for sharing your comments/experiences & support!

• DSW - I found them ok ( they're alot cheaper and definitely worth a try)  but I found the clear blue ones gave us a clearer answer. Xx

• Hi all, 

DSW - I used the cheapy ovulation sticks with my first two children and they worked well, took ages to conceive DD but they still showed accurately when I was ovulating. I also some months used the clear blue digital where u get a smiley face when u are ovulating and they also matched so they worked for me but I know some people had issues with them. im Currently TTC #3 and found this thread so useful to make me feel like I’m not alone in this. It really can be stressful TTC every month when   AF arrives. I’m trying to be positive this time round and being part of this board is hugely helping. :) 

• Hi does anyone have any advice 're pre conception vitamins and supplements? I've read loads but I can't really find much that says what you should/can take together and how often? Is one whole supplement better? So confused! Xx

• Hi, 

i take one thats meant for conception and has everything in. You can take all different bits seperate but I find it easy to get one that has everythin in. I take the pregnacare one. I’ve taken this with my previous two children before conceiving. Hope this helps! 

• Hi ladies, I’d like to join the thread please :) I’m 36, husband is 48. Been ttc for three years now. I had previously been diagnosed with unexplained infertility (2014), but OH has a 23 year old son from a previous relationship so I know we won’t be entitled to much help from the NHS. We have an appt with our GP on Monday to discuss our next steps. Ive decided to give charting another go this month, haven’t done it in ages but will be interested to see if anything is different. 

Looking forward to getting to know you all Xx

• Well I'm back at CD 2! Ughhh I actually cried this time when my period arrived. I really believed that we had achieved our goal. But no such luck. Going to try the SMEP this time. 

• Really sorry to hear that mrsyako, really hope this is your month. It’s heartbreaking when AF turns up when she really is not welcome. What’s the SMEP? Not heard of this I don’t think??? 

• Sorry to hear Mrsyako, I think SMEP is a good plan. We are sort of going to try that this go ‘round, but my hubby works 24 hour shifts so we may not be able to follow it exactly. 

Octarine, I am sorry you have had such a difficult time, wishing you the best of luck & welcome! 

i am curious about supplements, but I wonder if I should save that for later in to our attempts since I have heard some people say it messed with their cycle more than it seemed to help.

• Babylove87...

SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) is where you start having sex every other day starting on cd8. Then you start using opk's on cd10. Once you get the positive opk, you have sex 3 days in a row...then skip a day, then do it once more. This way you are covering all of the main fertile days. 

Hoping it works!

• Thank u for explaining that! we BD every day every other day for the week of ovulation u TIL 2 days after just incase I ovulate a little later but  every day around ovulation makes sense. Going to try that this month assuming AF areives which I think she will, already having the usual period pains. 

• I'm also having period pains currently but I'm not due my period until 22nd? I'm really comfised. I'm unsure whether these are ovulation cramps? I've read somewhere they are a thing? I'm so new to this I don't have a clue 🙈 according to the app Flo, I'm due to ovulate tomorrow? It's probably nothing & because I want it to be something, it's more than likely it's nothing lol. 

All these years I've wanted mother nature to appear and now we all want her to stay away haha.