Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2018 TTC

Replies

• When I was ttc my first I found that the month we were successful we were having sex every 2-3 days wondered if maybe the spern were of better quality? i Also was using fertile cm tablets which are supposed to improve your cervical mucous so trying them again this month xx it took us ten months with my first and on the last two months we were having sex less often, using those tablets and the cup things so hoping if use them all earlier may be quicker this time around 

• We are currently trying for baby #4. For us the every other day sex worked better. It give the sperm time to replenish itself. My husband is 10 years older, lol so I like to give it time...but at the same time I dont like to skip days around ovulation time. 

• CD 13 for me my lines are getting a lot darker thinking I'll O on Friday or Saturday! I'm so excited I've been following smep starting CD 6 I dunno if I'm 100% confident in this month but I really hope this is it!

• Month 3 ttc and I would just love a positive opk test  Haven’t had one at all yet 😭

• Lea2018: I hope you get one this month, I am hoping for one this month too. I was reading about the opk strips that it is possible to not get a positive (test line darker than the control line), but still be ovulating because of the timing when you test or dilute urine from drinking a lot of fluids before testing. Watch for the darkest test line & that may indicate ovulaction as well. That’s just what I read, I dk when others’ experiences are

• Hi ds. I really hope so. Starting to get quite down about it now. Have used opk all this week so far and no positive result. I have though been doing it when o get home from work or in the evening. But previously months I’ve done it in an afternoon and still nothing xx 

• This is my 7th month of TTC honestly it feels like it will never happen and I'll be in shock at this point if I get my positive! Lol

• Hey TryingFor2019: I can only imagine it feels like an eternity because 4 months has felt like ages for me. I am hopeful it will happen eventually because I have been seeing a lot of posts about it taking 10-12 months the first time. I must say you ladles have been the biggest help in keeping me sane so thank you all!

• Hi all, just to respond to DSW and tryingfor2019. with my first pregnancy it took 13 months but we was told at 12 months that we had 1% chance of conceiving naturally due to husbands sperm and that we would need IVF.... we stopped trying and the very next cycle I got my BFP and now I have a beautiful nearly 4 year old daughter. I hope this offers you some comfort in knowing that it can happen after lots of heart breaking cycles. We are now trying to conceive number 3 it’s my first month and already i feel like I’m going crazy. I’m a self confessed POAS addict. AF due Monday so constantly doing pregnancy tests, it’s absolutely crackers when I know that relaxing things the first time around probably helped me conceive. 

• Hi everyone, feeling a bit confused I’m currently on cd20 ive been having like a aching pain in my uterus For a few days and aches a little when I go to the toilet... I thought it was a uti but did a dip stick at work and it’s negative!! Not sure what’s going on!! 

• I have had some seemingly random aches & cramps as well. I don’t know what it is. Is it mild?

• Since my last posts...things have taken a slightly different turn....I'm feeling very nauseous, all day, every day for the past 3 days. Ive also got cramping low down in my front and awful back ache....my face is filling up with spots, my mood is awful and I've woken this morning to really sore nipples. I've taken a test which says negative although I know it's too early to tell! 

Could this be due to coming off the pill? Or could I be experiencing pregnancy symptoms this early on? It's not even been that long!! 

I'm just really confused & frustrated because I feel pants :(  

• Yeah it’s mild most of the time!! It’s just so confusing!! Wish I knew what was wrong :( this ttc business is hard sometimes I wonder if it’s because we Want it so much that our body produces symptoms 

• hello everyone, I’m new to this thread. this is our 5th month ttc for our first. I’m cycle day 11 and today my temp rose from 36.8 to 37.1 which is strange because when I checked my opk yesterday and the days before they were negative. This is the first time my temperature rose before ovulation and I just don’t understand why. does anyone know? 

• DeeDee90: It’s possible your body is trying to fight off a mild illness.

• Dsw, that must be it. yeatrrday morning was the temp rise and then later on that same day I got a positive on my opk. This morning I check again and it’s back down to 36.8. My guess is I haven’t ovulated yet. What do you ladies think? 

• I know I'm late but thank you for the encouraging words babylove87 

I think I got my positive today finally but I've been temping and it didn't raise at all it just stays around 97.7-9 one time it went to 98.3 a few days ago but I don't think it was ovulation with how light my opk was!image

• Trying for 2019: your temp is supposed to go up after ovulation. Like me yesterday, it probably was just your body fighting off something and so it caused the temperature to rise for that one day. Keep telling and it should stay up for days afterwards after ovulation 

• Dee thanks for the advice I always just assumed it was high the day you ovulate! And I guess this confirms that I got a clear positive OPK this afternoon so I'm ready to BD. I've been following smep so I guess the next three days will be it until the tww is over!

• It looks like we’re on the same cycle Tryingfor2019. I got my positive opk yesterday. We’re also following smep! Baby dust to both of us!