Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2018 TTC

Replies

• Hi Ladies!

hoping i can join for some support. 

I came off the pill in November last year, I've been TTC since then. Both me and my partner have had no luck. My cycles have been around 35 days every month, however this last cycle has been different. my cycle lasted lasted 69 days! So I missed a period. I had some trouble with the doctors telling me I WAS pregnant to then tell me later I wasn't and I was never put down on their system that I was? So I was very confused and emotional. I'm now 9 days into a new cycle and I'm just wanting a bit of help and support on what helps conceive and everything that comes with it. Me and my partner and both so drained with it all and I often find myself getting emotional at the fact it's just not happening. I feel like this is going to be my last cycle of trying and then if nothing has worked i feel I need to take a trip to the doctors. (I've changed Doctors after what happened at my old one)

love to all x

• Hi all. Have just done an opk teSt. Think it might possibly be my first ever positive test. Can you advise and tell me what you think please ? Thank you ❤️

• imageThis is one hour after doing the test. 

• Lea2018 that first one looks positive. It’s possible that you caught that right outside of your peak, I have heard it is hard to catch sometimes because it only lasts a couple hours. I would say go forward like it is positive so you don’t miss your chance. 

Jades2409 I am sorry about your struggle. I am glad you changed doctors. Have you tried temping & OPK to track if you are actually ovulating? I would say you should absolutely see a doctor since you have been trying for a year with no success. I wish you the very best!

• Lea that definitely looks positive to me!!! I would start bding today and tomorrow!

I think today might have actually been my positive the line is darker than yesterday I know CB was static but his is such a dark line!

• Tryingfor2019, it looks like you got your positive yesterday. good luck! 

I got my positive on Saturday, and We had already gotten busy the Friday then we dtd Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I checked temperature every single day and my temp is still low, I don’t understand why because we’re aupoosed to ovulate 12-48 hours after a positive opk, no? 

Im so confused! Can anyobe enlighten me? I’m feeling really down about this! This is the first month we’re trying smep and I’m worried that by skipping today we’re not giving ourselves enough of a chance! 

• Dee my temp is also the same but I swear I run cooler at night so I don't feel like temping is accurate for me but I'll keep trying anyway it could be something like that do you take it as close to the root of your tongue as possible?? I am a mouth breather when I sleep so I feel like it makes the temp lower!

It's definitely better to skip a day! You should have plenty of swimmers up there already from the 3 days back to back :)

• It’s so strange, my temp has never let me down before. Usually two days after a positive opk I would always get a higher temp from 36.8 or 36,9 to 37.1. It’s still at 36.9 now and it’s been days after my positive. At this rate I’m just ready to move past it so I don’t drive myself crazy. Hopefully like u said, I should be covered! 

• Hi DSW, 

yes I've been tracking ovulation with the testing strips and I've found when I'm ovulating a few times now, however with my last cycle I chose not to because I wanted to stop overthinking everything so Im not sure when I ovulated in that cycle and the doctors end up telling me that! I'm just tired with it, yeah I will be going to the doctors if no luck this time! At tips on what to use and what to take? I will be using OPKs this cycle as I'm just Ed of it always being a BFN. Hoping this cycle will be the one

sending love x

• Well ladies I finally got a temperature rise from 36.8 to 37.2. So I guess I ovulated yesterday! We dtd lady Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday since we’re following smep. i got a positive opk Saturday. We skipped yesterday and were supposed to dtd today. Not sure if we should seeing as I know I ovulated yesterday. Do u think skipping yesterday (ovulation day) ruined our chances? 

• Based on my opk I'm 3dpo but I haven't had much of a temp rise :( it was 97.7 then it went to 97.9 and today 98.1 does that even count as a spike?? I haven't dtd since the 12th :( so I guess I'm the the same boat as you Deedee with feeling like I missed my chance maybe from but dtd..

• Tryingfor2019, that’s enough of a spike. It’s supoosed to be .1-.2 of a spike nothing more really. So you’re good :) 

• How are you doing today Deedee?? I guess I'm 4dpo I have been way now relaxed this month compared to other months. It's still too early for symptoms but my boobs don't really hurt like they usually do after o this time but it is still early. :) I feel less stressed and my temp today was 98.3 so it's higher than it's been for the last few days.

• Hello everyone! Wow I can see I am really late to the party! Hope you're not against one more joining the ride. 

How's everyone feeling? I wonder if anyone is on the same cycle day as me... I'm on CD 15 and Ovia says I'm in my fertile window. Been BDing every other day, but I really don't think I'm about to ovulate. Just extra gassy (sorry, tmi) anyone feeling something similar?

• Welcome BabyAtTheEndOfTheRainbow!! Sounds like we are pretty close! I am CD 16, but i have a 34-38 day cycle so I am just coming up on my window expecting to O in the next few days. I have been using OPK this month so I am waiting for that dark line! Also bloated which I find really annoying lol! This has been a great community, so supportive & great to talk to others in the same situation. I have been way more chill this month & I think this group is the main reason!

• Tryingfor2019, I’m feeling okay, I’ve been extremely laid back this month as well. I’ve stopped temping because it was stressing me out waiting for that number every morning so now that I know I got my hike that day I’m taking a step back and just waiting for AF or a positive pregnancy test :) I’m also trying not to symptom spot because last month it was horrible when I found out I wasnt pregnant while I felt all the symptoms. Here’s hoping we get positive news this month! 

Babyattheendoftherainbow welcome to the club ;) 

• So today is cd25 and I had a tad bit of spotting and cramping . Don't really know because I have a 28 to 30 day cycle, only a month since we started trying and 2 months since I came off the pill so could just be wonky period or maybe something. I am very laid back as it took us 1 year to conceive our first ... I am preparing myself for a long TTC as I don't want to get disappointed like the first time 

• Mandy I’m sure we were in the same group for ttc our first!!! I gave birth feb 2016!! U are stronger than me ita my third month ttc trying to be relaxed as took ten months with Ava but I’m not good at it!! Praying it’s not ten months again lol

• Andreag1990 I was thinking your name looked familiar yes I gave birth to my first Feb 2016 hehe. Look at us now .. at it again! I think I was so disappointed each month last time around , it ruined me mentally so this time I am not putting that kind of pressure on me 

• Yeah I think we were in the ttc group and the pregnancy group together :) we might fall at the same time this round haha :) how’s your first doing? Ava is such a girly girl it’s all princesses Barbies And dancing!! They grow up too quick!!  What day of your cycle are you on I’m on 27!! But not due to get af until next weekend so we will see :)