Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

SMEP and confused....HELP, warning tmi

Replies

• Brown spotting just now AF is coming, just simply heartbroken. Every month i just feel my loss again. Positivity needs to find me because I feel it's so far away. Sorry everyone xx 

• I feel the pain every month too. It starts as a burning feeling in your heart, and just so heavy, your throat is so heavy, almost feels like you can breakdown anytime. 

:( hardest thing to do is keep composture in public places, knowing everything you want is within a reach away. 

• Hang in there ladies, you are NOT alone!! We will get our rainbow babies! Because we deserve them!! And every ounce of pain we feel now is going to turn into so much pure love! Sending you as much positivity as I can xxx

• Thanks ladies is so good to know we r together as no one knows unless they experience it, even our OH don't really know or understand and sometimes I feel unknowingly to him he is not helping me but upsetting me with his comments. 

I have decided to carry on with SMEP but start CD10 as last 3 cycles OPK positive on CD17 and I'm only BBT temping from end of AF till established ovulation as watching the temps fall is heart breaking and leads to more stress and upset by analysing everything. Then I think if not successful still try in December but have a break from all tests and methods as can't do it all over Xmas I want to have some joy and enjoy it. 

Good luck this month ladies I hope we catch our rainbows this time round. 

Xxxx💕

• What's SMEP? XXX

• It's the sperm meets egg plan, supposed to increase chances of getting pregnant xxx 

• Lunababy I’m glad you are ok. I think that’s a good idea! I’m gonna try temping this month, purely because I actually have no idea when I ovulate! But that being said I really want to take the pressure off! When I got pregnant earlier in the year I was thinking about it, but nothing like I am now! I wonder if it’s just all too much! massively keeping my fingers crossed for you girls 🤞🤞🤞 tell me some good news this cycle 😘😘!! What cycle days are we? I’m on day 5 xx

• CD2 for me so if last 4 month's are anything to go by I have another 15 before ovulation positive test!!! 

Gave myself a positive pep talk earlier (totally made myself cry) but going to be really positive and when I find myself getting upset just gonna quickly think of something, anything to get away from it all. 

Good luck ladies this month and hoping we all get the only christmas present we really want!!!!  🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏💕💕💕

• Well done for the pep talk luna! I have to do that every now and then! Every cycle end really 🙈🙈! How long is your usual cycle? I think I’m on day 6 or 7 now so think I should start using opk soon? I just want to figure out when I ov, as I literally have no idea!! I’m taking a month out of trying this time, although it would have been amazing to get that bfp for Christmas! But I just can’t be doing with the world ending again this month! 

• I'm on CD4 and AF seems to have cleared up already. Before I was pregnant my period was only about 5 days start to finish and after miscarriage last 3 have been 7 or 8 days so maybe my body needed time still to recover and get back to normal. I can only hope this is a good sign that maybe my body is ready again 🤞

I'm gonna start using OPK on CD10 along with SMEP from CD10 but I'm only BBT u til after I know I have O as too stressful xx 

Good luck I hope u get it positive OPK so u know and who knows it always seems others get BFP when they r not trying so hard so fingers crossed for us all 🤞🤞🤞

• Thanks Luna! Fingers crossed for you!! Yeah, it took about 3 months for me to have a proper period, and they are still irregular now, where as before my mc they were 5 days and like clockwork! I really do think it takes some of us a bit longer to recover! What day do you start testing bbt?

• I'm going to start BBT CD10 and OPK same day but then stop when the temp spike happens and see what happens rather than obsessing with it all xxx x 

• Yeah that’s a good idea Luna! I’m now on cycle day 11 so I might start tomorrow! My fella is working away now though till Friday so I’m hoping I have a late ovulation 🙈🙈!

• Hi ladies,

So CD13 and started SMEP CD 10 so we BD day 10 and 12 so off night tonight but instead of feeling positive I just feel so low, currently sitting on the bed crying and feeling I'm not going to get my rainbow and another chance. 

My friend is due in 1 week and I just can't wait for her to have the baby so this will be over, all the upset of seeing her lovely bump and anticipating how I'm going to feel the day she has the baby. I sound so awful but I just feel if that bit is over I can adjust and then once all the cooing etc happens it will just be part of the norm and i wont have it so much in my face of my lost baby. I know that sounds awful but it's just how I feel. It is the worst kind of heartache. 

Then I worry this upset a few days before I'm due to ovulate will ruin my chances AGAIN. 

Sorry ladies to bring a downer but I can't talk to hubby so just feel so alone. 

Xx 

• Oh Luna, I totally get how you feel! its so hard! I def think you could be right though and getting yourself so worked up about it around ov time is just going to be adding more stress to it. Have you thought about trying some reflexology or acupuncture to help de-stress and improve fertility? I went and got some crystals last week to wear around my neck and even if it’s a placebo I’ve def felt more chilled! My partner worked away the whole week of my fertile window this month so I didn’t even get to try! 

• Thanks missymoo, we BD last night as planned but OH wasn't feeling too well and took a while and got a bit sore (tmi sorry)! 

Sorry u didn't get a chance in your window but u never know and I have to keep thinking and believing that life and nature find a way and WILL find a way!!!!! 

Crystals sound interesting which ones are they, and are they for relaxing or for fertility also?

Just keep going and hoping!!! Xxx 

• So according to SMEP we were due to BD tonight but i also got a positive OPK so going to try the next 2 nights too. Hope OH can manage 🤞🤞 

Trying to be positive, I get waves of positivity and then they go so have yo keep them going. 

How are u getting on missymoo, have u had positive OPK or temp shift yet??? 

Good luck everyone!!! 

Xxx  

• Hey Luna! I got totally wiped out by a sickness bug that my OH so kindly brought home from work! So havent don’t opk for a few days or temps as I’ve done nothing but thrown up! I’m pretty sure I had the bbt drop on Friday morning so does that mean I ov’d thursday? Still getting my head around temping to be honest! We hadn’t bd since Sunday last week So if I did ov the Thursday I think it’s too late, and then we be the friday when he got home, which is when I suspect he gave me the bug 😂 as we’ve done nothing but throw up since 🙈! So I’m really not fancying my chances for this month! So the crystals I got were rose quartz, Moon-Stone and ukatite. All supposed to be emotionally balancing and good for fertility! Also good for letting go of emotional pain! I got them in a round pendant thing on a leather string. Whole thing cos £6! So def worth a go! 

yay for positive opk!! Get to it!! Sending you lots of luck!! And everyone else!! xx

• Hey missymoo, oh no u poor thing hope ur feeling better, there has been so much sickness going round yuk. 

Thanks for Crystal info will def get some, it can't hurt and even if it's a placebo if it helps u relax it will have a physical affect!!! 

With the BBT u should see a temp rise about .3 to .9 of a degree (celsius) after u ovulate for at least 3 days to confirm ovulation. Some sites say u may get a dip just before ovulation but it's the rise in temp that confirms it. I use the fertility friend app (free) and u enter all ur info each day sex temp mood etc and it detects ovulation for you. 

My temp is still down and I got another positive OPK today so a bit confused. We BD last night (1st night of 3 days after positive OPK SMEP) but now had 2nd day don't know what that means. We also BD this morning as OH up for it and again tonight but also wondering if we have done too much. (Can't win lol) xx 

Due to BD again tomorrow and then day off and 2 last try. Trying not to stress but can't help it. 

Hoping my temp goes way way up (and stays there!!) So I know I've ovulate and then the dreaded 2ww and hoping for my rainbow. 

Good luck to everyone xxx 

• Sounds promising luna!! I hope that your temps have gone up and are staying there!! Af got me yesterday, a week early on cd 21 so no clue what’s going on there!! I’m gonna try charting this month with no stress, no sickness and no family trauma 🤞🤞🤞!! Good luck to you!!