Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 15

Replies

• hi 

i went for a scan at 7 weeks and seen babys heart beating away my dating scan was due tomorrow but i went for a scan friday due to some small spotting the smallest amount just once on the tissue paper i knew i had a very small hematoma so was sure that was all it was going to be but as soon as the person scanning started i just knew when i seen her face was totally gutted she said there was no longer a heartbeat i should of been 10 weeks and i was messuring not much more than my 7 week scan ive been asked to come back friday for a re scan i have starting bleeding and have terriable cramp since yesterday not really any clots as yet im scared of whats to come and how long its going to take we also have decided to try again as soon as we can just hope it doesnt take ages i feel totally broken 😔 

so sorry for all your loses too such a horriable thing to go throu xx

• Hi Rainbowsunshine,

I'm really sorry for you. I will never forget the moment I saw the obgyn's face and heard those horrible words, "sorry, there's no heartbeat .."

Only those who have been through can really understand.

Take care and be gentle on yourself  

Xxx

• thankyou for your lovely replys 

the mental side is by far the worst and i know everyone is trying to make me feel better but the comments like im so glad it was now and not further down the line dont help i agree with them but inside im screaming i loved that baby i rubbed my tummy daily i talked away to my tummy i had plans for this baby i know we will try straight away to have another and even to some degree i think my partner even thinks that will make everything better but ive told him i really think it wont its felt like a lifetime to get to 10 weeks this time so am i just going to be panicking all the time next time im sure you all feel this way im so glad ive found this group because i feel like i can talk not just nod my head that everythings going to be ok and other people know what im going through 

my heart aches so much right now i think its worse knowing the babys still inside and no longer there is hurting ive had 3 options to 1 let it happen naturally im scared im going to see something  2.tablets 3. d and c but ive got till friday to make a choice 

baby number 3 how was it with the tablets? as im thinking if nothings completely happened this week to go for that choice as i dont know how long ill be waiting xx

• that excatly what the midwife i seen after said to me the minute you see them two lines you love your baby and its so true i do have other children and my last pregancy i had to have a c section i have heard about the scaring with a d and c so thay makes that the bottom of my list with wanting to try again 

with the tablets did you stay at home or have to have them in a hospital 

i really feel for you too personally it doesnt matter how many children you have this baby is a different little person that you love just as much we also did the name picking and sadly stupidly told my eldest daughter (14) biggest fail on my part but i honestly never thought id be in this situation will be keeping a complete secret next time 

i think we had joined the same due group the august 2019 one dont know if youve looked back since but it scary how many of us lost our babies someone had added it all up think they said 42 in the group 12 had been unactive and 9 of us had a loss...scarey fingers crossed next time we will all be lucky xx

• Grief is grief. It doesn't matter if u were 6 weeks pregnant for a baby 6 weeks old u still bond with that baby and love that baby. Ur body is doing what it needs to do now and is naturally to expelling the pregnancy but don't panic hun u will bleed but won't see any noticeable baby at the stage u were. I had my daughter at 4 months and had to have a medical miscarriage and give birth to her and ended up 34 hours in labour and 3 days in hospital. She was cremated and i have her at home now. This happened in June last year and at the time I didn't think I cud cope but u will be fine hun I promise xx u will have up and down days. Days where u will feel alone and that's ok. Grief has no time limit. X xxx but I promise u things happen for a reason and u will be just fine. It's knocked u down but u will get up a stronger person x

• I was reading the due in August group too as was due August 13th but never posted as I wanted to wait till 12 week scan but unfortunately never got that far 😢 I was 9 and half weeks. I don't want to be graphic but I didn't see any baby parts but lumpy bits did fall down the toilet . I made myself get up quick and flush it which was very traumatic but I still think that was better than d and c as have had one of those before which I found very hard. As far as I know I ovulated last Monday and my miscarriage was 11th January so I have found my cycle got back to normal a lot quicker this time than after d and c as it took a couple of months that time. I'm really glad we have each other to talk to as I've found that after a while I feel like I can't keep going on to hubby and friends as I feel like I'm boring them but I have this need to keep talking about it. 

• Hi everyone, 

I had a miscarriage at 19 weeks after bleeding and clotting throughout all of my pregnancy. I was going in to the emergency gaene unit every week to have a scan and was being told the baby's heart beat is there so go home and rest. On the morning of 24th July 18 i started having contractions every 2 mins. As i was on the way to the hospital my waters broke. At this point the scan was showing the babys heartbeat is still there but because my waters have broke the baby will not survive. After 4 hours of pain i gave birth to my beautiful little boy. He didn't make it 😥

6 months on, my period is still all over the place. I had 1 normal cycle to then not getting a period for 3 months to then having a period for 16 days, then a week break to then starting my period again. It lasted over 5 weeks.

Its been a few days having finished my period so used the clear & simple ovulation kit. Its showing 1 strong line and one really faint line, does anyone know what this means as i have never seen this result before and desperately trying to conceivr x

• i think ive avoided any medical intervetion been in so much pain today agony for about twenty minutes then bleed very heavy loads of clots was pretty traumatic still in quite abit of pain now but seems to have slowed (can actually get off the toilet) hopfully thats the worst over now 😔 

i struggled using the ovulation tests but i think when its a faint line its negitive the test line has to be as dark as the control line or darker so you should probably be building up to it if youve just finished your pierod a few days ago 

does anyone know if you need a proper pierod after this to get pregnant or is it possiable as soon as you finish bleeding xx

• So sorry to hear that rainbow. It is very traumatic. I really feel for you. Your miscarriage is the equivalent of your period so you can get pregnant again straight away when you next ovulate. 

Haych so sorry to hear of your loss 😞 Your ovulation test is negative. You need 2 dark lines for positive. Your body always has some LH so will always have a faint second line. You will see it getting darker as the days go on. Good luck xx

• thanks louise can i ask did you have very painful cramps in your tummy and back after im still in so much pain i rang to ask if i still needed to come friday for second scan they said if the pain doesnt go away i may need to go down today would rather not so wondering if its normal xx

• I had pains for about an hour or so. Then they stopped. I would still go for the scan as it’s best to check everything has gone. I know it sounds horrid but it’s best to make sure you don’t get an infection. 

• Rainbow I was told I could try as soon as I wanted but they advised to wait 2 weeks to have sex or to use a condom to prevent infection x

• oh baby number 3 that sounds terriable glad you was at hospital my pains seem to have calmed down now more just dull aching i really hope thats the end of it and they dont come back 

i was thinking this is either really really painful or i just cant handle pain well i was saying through the pain i cant do this anymore to myself my partners been here all day thank god as we have a 14 month old so hes been able to watch her well ive been upstairs and knowing hes just downstairs if ive needed him has helped 

will deffo go for follow up scan on friday xxx

• Hi girls I’m so sorry for everyone’s losses but so glad you found this thread this place is a godsend it’s so nice when you have people who  understand how your feeling 

I had My first mc at what I thought was 9 weeks but I had only gotten to 6 weeks in May 2017 then had my second mc at 9 weeks in July 2018 and im  trying now, total been ttc for nearly 3 years and it is the hardest thing I have ever been through 

I’m sorry people have been so thoughtless and said things like at least it was now and not further down the line and at least you have other children that is really awful and I wish people had more thought, if it was their child they wouldn’t want to hear it....I once had a guy say well it wasn’t really a baby yet was it 😡

im in tww now af due today but think I ovulated on cd 15/16 which is late I think for a 27 day cycle so expecting it to be late, no signs of pregnancy either so god knows 

I hope you all stick around on here it’s a really supportive place, all the girls I started off with on here have gone on to have their babies or are pregnant so I’m a big believer in getting the right support can help :) 

• Hi mrsreece im so sorry for both your losses it really is a heart breaking experience 💔 i was actually told by a gaenecologist to try on cd 14/15 of every cycle but with the clear blue ovulation kit, i was ovulating around cd19/20. I conceived a couple of months after using the kit with my daughter so they do really work. Its been 6 months now ttc after my miscarriage but its so difficult as my cycles are all over the place. Just finished bleeding (tmi) after 6 weeks. So will continue to try. Wishing everybody luck x

• Hatch thanks :) I’ve used them before but I have a short lh rise and was often missing it with the clear blue and never got a smiley face, I know I was ovulating because I then fell pg a cycle or 2 after I stopped using them I ovulated day 18/19 in a 32 day cycle then

today is actually my second babies due date which I had forgoten about tbh...I feel a bit bad but I’m glad I didn’t spend the day upset

af should have arrived today but I’m sure I ovulated late so will hang on a few days before I start thinking I’ve missed a period my body sometimes does this and I end up with a 36 day cycle 😡 I hate my body sometimes it can never do things properly