Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 15

Replies

• Coconutfox it’s awful going from one to the other in such a short space of time but like you said it’s also made me more keen for it to happen again! 
    I’ve gone through such a range of emotions these last couple of weeks I was angry, guilty and very jealous of others which I hated. I almost felt embarrassed in a weird enough way as it’s not something women necessarily want to share but you come to realise how many others around you have been through the same thing but kept it to themselves. I’m glad I’ve found this thread and being able to share the highs and lows x
  • Dmr1996 said:
    Coconutfox it’s awful going from one to the other in such a short space of time but like you said it’s also made me more keen for it to happen again! 
    I’ve gone through such a range of emotions these last couple of weeks I was angry, guilty and very jealous of others which I hated. I almost felt embarrassed in a weird enough way as it’s not something women necessarily want to share but you come to realise how many others around you have been through the same thing but kept it to themselves. I’m glad I’ve found this thread and being able to share the highs and lows x
    It's really helped me too. I honestly thought I wouldn't ever get pregnant so the very fact I can has left me hopeful.

It is good to talk about though so feel free to keep thought coming. It's not an easy thing to go through. 
  • Hi ladies
    just wondered how you are all doing x
  • Good morning ladies :) I am 13dpo/cd27 and the wait is killing me. I am so anxious and sad thinking I might get another bfn.. I have been trying for 9 cycles and it's been 6 months since my mc. I am annoyed at how long it is taking us! I really wish for a bfp on Saturday! I have been having very mild symptoms (I had more in the first week of the tww) including sore breasts, some cm/wet feeling, tired and lazy but still have energy and productivity.. Yesterday and today the breasts tenderness have been less than previous days, and overall milder symptoms than regular af cycles. This cycle reminds me of the one I got my bfp...
  • Dmr1996 said:
    Hi ladies
    just wondered how you are all doing x
    I went to docs yesterday. Deffo miscarriage, took blood to check for infection. I haven't had any af today so fingers crossed it's finished so I can get back to normal. 
  • @Coconutfox
    sorry to hear that, hopefully the bleeding has finished then now. It’s frustrating waiting for it to finish and worrying about risks of infection I haven’t stopped googling for about 4 weeks! 
    I’ve done a couple of OPKs the last couple of days which were negative but my OH has said we shouldn’t track now and just see what happens, trying to stay as stress free as possible until my body gets back to normal x
  • Good morning ladies :) I am 13dpo/cd27 and the wait is killing me. I am so anxious and sad thinking I might get another bfn.. I have been trying for 9 cycles and it's been 6 months since my mc. I am annoyed at how long it is taking us! I really wish for a bfp on Saturday! I have been having very mild symptoms (I had more in the first week of the tww) including sore breasts, some cm/wet feeling, tired and lazy but still have energy and productivity.. Yesterday and today the breasts tenderness have been less than previous days, and overall milder symptoms than regular af cycles. This cycle reminds me of the one I got my bfp...
    fingers crossed for you getting that BFP! The symptoms sound promising, I underestimated my symptoms last time I knew they were there but was in complete denial and tried to convince myself it was in my head or they weren’t that bad! X
  • Thank you Dmr! I hope it’s not all in my head! Tww is very confusing and exhausting overthinking everything! 
  • Dmr1996 said:
    @Coconutfox
    sorry to hear that, hopefully the bleeding has finished then now. It’s frustrating waiting for it to finish and worrying about risks of infection I haven’t stopped googling for about 4 weeks! 
    I’ve done a couple of OPKs the last couple of days which were negative but my OH has said we shouldn’t track now and just see what happens, trying to stay as stress free as possible until my body gets back to normal x
    Good plan! I bought some opks online just waiting for them to arrive. Do I do them every day or nearer the estimated time of ovulation? 
  • @Coconutfox
    if you know definitely when around you ovulate I would start a couple days before , but I have no clue I never tracked previously, so next cycle if AF shows I will probably start from just after AF ends just so I don’t miss anything as some women ovulate earlier than they think and my last cycle before BFP I got it cycle day 46 so I ovulated very late in that cycle as 1 week previous I had negative HPTs and blood work! Hope that’s helpful x
  • Thank you Dmr! I hope it’s not all in my head! Tww is very confusing and exhausting overthinking everything! 
    I was the same, every little thing gives hope but then I’d try to shut it down myself! I’m currently 2 weeks post miscarriage and not tracking ovulation this month so no doubt in the next couple of weeks I’m deffo gonna be symptom spotting before AF ! 
  • @Dmr1996 are you waiting a month before try again? 
  • @Dmr1996 are you waiting a month before try again? 
    No we’re TTC immediately, I stopped bleeding 10 days after m/c so we’ve DTD every day since to make sure I don’t miss ovulation , I don’t think I’ve ovulated yet but you never know. They only told me to wait one cycle so it’s easier for dating purposes but I think if I wait I’ll start getting more down about it x
  • Dmr1996 said:
    @Dmr1996 are you waiting a month before try again? 
    No we’re TTC immediately, I stopped bleeding 10 days after m/c so we’ve DTD every day since to make sure I don’t miss ovulation , I don’t think I’ve ovulated yet but you never know. They only told me to wait one cycle so it’s easier for dating purposes but I think if I wait I’ll start getting more down about it x
    That's fair enough, what ever works best for you! It makes sense to me 😘
  • @Coconutfox I’m trying not to put too much stress on it happening quickly in case it doesn’t! Just keep booking weekends away so it’s something to look forward to! 
    Are you waiting a cycle or TTC straight away ? X
  • @Dmr1996 I'm not sure what to do. I want to just go ahead, I'm back at the doctors tomorrow and I've read that to prevent infection you should wait 2 weeks, that would take me around ovulation. I'm a little scared if we try again it's going to happen again. I know I shouldn't think that and I think I'm avoiding it just in case! 
  • @Coconutfox yeah around 2 weeks or when bleeding stops and you feel physically and emotionally ready! 
    Its such a scary and daunting thought, and one that definitely won’t go away when it does happen again! The statistics and chances of having a healthy pregnancy after miscarriage are very high, that’s all I keep thinking. I know when it happens I will completely freak out til I’m past the point of where I previously m/c and then I don’t think it will stop! We will get our rainbow babies!! X
  • Dmr1996 said:
    @Coconutfox yeah around 2 weeks or when bleeding stops and you feel physically and emotionally ready! 
    Its such a scary and daunting thought, and one that definitely won’t go away when it does happen again! The statistics and chances of having a healthy pregnancy after miscarriage are very high, that’s all I keep thinking. I know when it happens I will completely freak out til I’m past the point of where I previously m/c and then I don’t think it will stop! We will get our rainbow babies!! X
    That's such a lovely thought! Rainbow babies! 
  • So I turned up for my first shift at work greeted with hugs and completely broke down. 2 1/2 weeks since the m/c and I thought I was ready to go back to get back to normal, I was wrong. Tonight is one of the most upset I’ve felt. Just found out also my OH’s close friend is expecting their 2nd baby although I’m happy for them It really ignited my emotions of how unlucky we are to go through this :( not a good night tonight x
  • Hi Girls, 

I’m due on this weekend but don’t think I will be pregnant. On the plus side, I’ve got a Doctors appointment on Monday to hopefully get some help at last. Xx