Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying to get pregnant after a miscarriage Part 15

Replies

• Hello Ladies, I am so sorry to hear of everyone’s losses. It is such a horrible thing to go through, it really and truly is!  :(
    I came across this thread and have seen just how supportive it has been for so many people and I am wondering if it could be so for me too?

I found out I was pregnant on April 1st (had to be April’s fool’s didn’t it?!), I went for a early scan a show I had had bleeding 21st march for over a week. I was spotting every now and then and hadn’t pain. They suspected eptopic due to this and my levels rising, but not doubling. It turned out to not be, and I saw a sac with growing cells in it. A week later I had another scan which showed a sac with a yolk. They were happy with this and booked me in for 2 weeks time. It was at this scan that they showed me an empty sac. I should of been 7+4 days. I had been bleeding heavy for 3 days prior to the scan, put it down to similar to that fluke bleed on March 21st, but no, this time the bleeding meant something different.
    I am still bleeding now, but no cramps anymore. Passing clots and tissue.

Have any of you had a natural MC? If so, how long did you bleed for? I have a scan on May 9th to make sure I have passed everything. 
    I’m so scared to try again, but it is all I can think about atm, I think that is helping me try and “deal” with my loss. I’m going to get a plant pot and plant Forget-Me-Knots in it in rememberance.

I am Type 1 Diabetic and this was my second pregnancy. My first resulted in my 14 month old son x No issues there at all, other than him trying to be born early 5 times starting at 29 weeks!

Would love to hear back from people x 
    - Katy (MumToACheekychops)
  • Hey Katy

So sorry for your loss. It will
    get easier with time.  I was obsessed with trying again and read every single post on this thread from the beginning.  I haven’t had a natural miscarriage so can’t advise there but I think the earlier you are the last time you bleed. Will probably be for the same length as a period. It’s hard thinking about trying again even though it’s all you want to do. I’m still trying but scared of what gonna happen once pregnant. I’m sure you have been told that There is a very low chance of a miscarriage happening again! It seems to have quietened down on here in the last year and not as many people respond. Hopefully someone has who has been through your situation will reply. XX
  • Afternoon SweetCherryPie,

I’m hoping so. I can see it happening, as it does with every death (lost 2 family members last year and this year has gotten a lot easier to deal with them) but man is it so raw and painful right now.
    I’m guilty of doing the same. I read all of thread 1 and then this thread :D  
    I am thinking the same too. I hear it can be up to 2 weeks after, but seeing as my sac was empty, I still hadn’t MC on the 25th, so it’s a major waiting game - I hate it!
    Aww bless you, I hope you fall soon and it’s a successful pregnancy! Baby dust for you x 
    I’ll be joining you once the bleeding has stopped. My fiancé and I have agreed on that. He isn’t talking much about it, so I have no one really while I am going through this. My son is helping, but at the same time, he isn’t. He is in that baby stage of testing what “no” means and into everything.
    Yeah, and that it was nothing I ate, drank, did or could of prevented. It is just Mother’s nature of saying that something was wrong with baby, so things were better if it didn’t progress x 

That is a shame! Hopefully people will join soon and we can try and help each other out during these dark times! x
    Just don’t give up hope xx
  • Hey guys I agree this thread has quietened down a lot over time most of the girls I knew on here have moved on and had their babies but those of us still around can hopefully support each other 

Katy I’m so sorry for your loss I had assisted miscarriage with tablets but most stuff got re-absorbed back into my body so I only had light bleeding for a while afterwards 
    the time before I’m pretty sure I haemorrhaged after taking the tablets so I over bled for a while with a lot of clots and saw the sac and that come out and then had some retained products for about a week until they came out then eventually it all stopped after about 2 weeks all together 

I’m trying for my first baby and have been trying for 3 years now, hoping doctors will finally start helping me in July when I’ve been a year without a pregnancy 
  • Mrs Rees

hopefully you start getting somewhere In July.

I had bloodtest and a scan on Friday and the scanner said that it looks like my egg has got too big and got Stuck in my fallopian tube, at the top!! Never heard anything like this before. He said there was fluid in my pelvis/womb and also blood around the ‘stuck egg’. Said he will re-scan in six weeks to make sure its gone but now I’m worried it’s an ectopic pregnancy! I don’t know what to think. Did a pregnancy test today but BFN. 10DPO. I’ve got a follow-up appointment to discuss the results with the doctor on Wednesday.  Hopefully she can shed some light on this egg situation. My partner also saw the doctor to get a semen analysis but when we rang up to get an appointment to hand in my local hospital said they don’t do it anymore and the one in the next town said they don’t do it for Bournemouth patients on the NHS so if we want it done we have to pay £100. Apparently they’ve not got enough funding To cover our town at the moment!! Xx
  • That’s rediculous if it’s a part of nhs services it should be done even if it has to get sent off I’d have a word with the doctor your seeing to see if there is anything they can do to help

hmmm that is odd I’ve never heard of that before either hopefully it clears quickly 

it’s rediculous that you can’t get more help, I’ve been trying for 3 years with 2 miscarriages but no health people seem bothered 
  • MrsRees,
    Well, in that case, I’m glad it has quieted down! x

I’m sounding like your first time. So sorry that you’ve had 2 x 
    People don’t normally assist with finding out any causes / reasons for MC’s unless you have had 3. It’s bonkers. I hope you start getting help, I would of thought 3 years now, with no children previous, people would be willing to help. Is going private maybe an option for you? Sometimes if you give GP/ doctors some test results it gets the balls rolling for them to help xx

SweetCherryPie,
    I have never heard of that happening before. If your hospital is anything like Portsmouth, they don’t take Ectopic pregnancy lightly! I’m sure they’d of said something if they thought a possible ectopic x I wouldn’t worry too much, so long as you don’t get really bad pain down that one side x 
    Ohh wow, what sad times we really are in with our health system. I’m so sorry no one around now you is offering it. I am guessing £100 isn’t really possible for you to spend to find out? Both me and my partner are Type 1 Diabetic, so we have to have good sugars for our egg and swimmers to be successful. I don’t think a seman test would really be possible for my partner, as sugars can play a huge part in that stuff >< 
    I’d keep pushing if I were you xx

• It’s rather expensive so would only go private as a last resort, I understand that they only do tests after 3 due to a high percentage of people going on to have healthy pregnancies after 2 mc but 3 years with no baby and it too me a year to get pregnant on the second time so I’m really wondering if there’s an issue 

let’s hipe that this is our year and we finally get the happy ending 
  • My Partner had SA 2.5 years ago and doc said it wouldn’t of changed much unless there was a trauma down below so we were just getting it for peace of mind really coz I’m a worrier. So we won’t be spending the £100 on it, the hospital said they were pushing for funding so maybe in a few months they will get it. 

I’ve been trying for 6 years. Been pregnant twice in that period! One was 13 week miscarriage and the next was ectopic. Been 2 years now since ectopic and nothing! Getting bored of waiting now lol 😂 

We have been also looking at Egg sharing for free IVF as an option but not sure if my missing fallopian tube will stop me qualifying, I meet all other requirements. I’ve emailed the clinic but they haven’t got back to me. X

Sticky baby dust to you all. X

• MrsRees, 
    Have you had a full blood work done? It’s known for thyroid issues among many other conditions to affect conceiving / carrying. Fingers crossed we get our babies soon x 

SweetCherryPie,

Ahh I see. I guess that kind of makes sense, even though it must be very frustrating still! 

Aww bless your heart. Never give up hope x 
    Hopefully you hear soon. I know 2 people that were successful that way. I don’t quite think it was free for them, but they both got it for under £1k x 

• Yes, I emailed to see if there was hidden cost as some people said that you have to pay for the screening and some stuff before it actually happens. Personally I’ve never had a problem with the early pregnancy sticking in the early stages just the actual sperm meeting egg part. So think it would probably work for me and well worth £1000, but i’d be pissed if it was for
    screening and then they said “no, Sorry, you don’t qualify” or something. Gonna wait 6 months and see of it happens naturally and If not then I will start the process x
  • SweetCherryPie, Your tests should come back okay then, but I hope you catch before you have to do them! I think if you are the egg doner, then they shouldn’t have an issue with you just having 1 tube? It may just be a case of telling you the risks of “xyz” x I bet it is nice to have that option though if things don’t work out naturally. Gives you hope! xx I’m on day 10 of bleeding and no sign of it slowing down. I’m starting to worry about my iron levels getting low. I’d rather stay down the natural side of things, as I’m breastfeeding my son still, so I’d rather not take anything. I’d opt for the tablet to help speed things along. The mental wait for the bleeding to be over and all the “have I, or have I not?” is really mentally affecting me. Plus I have spent far too many hours, night’s and weeks in hospital already for me to want to possibly have to stay in over night to take the tablets :c (I also don’t think my fiancé could cope looking after our son on his own over night haha)
  • If the bleeding doesn’t stop soon mumtocheakychops I’d look at going to epu for a scan as there may be retained products which could cause infection if left for too long 

I can’t believe you’ve been trying for 6 years sweet cherry pie will the doctors not give you any help at all or is it still all about money?? 

Id never heard of getting ivf cheaper with egg sharing, will look Into it just in case for the future 
  • Mrs Rees

The Lady from the clinic rang me yesterday and said the only hidden cost would be if your partner needed his sperm to be injected into your eggs, which is called ICSI. That would be half price at £600. You wouldn’t know until the day whether you needed ICSI  but they’d probably be able to tell you at the initial appointment. Before you go to the initial appointment you need to have 2day and twenty-something day bloods and your partner also has to have a semen analysis. You can get referred by your doctor for free or you can self refer for £195. Other than that everything else is free including medication, scans, embryo transfer and counselling. In this clinic is in Southampton and you have to meet certain criteria. You must have both ovaries, be a non-smoker for at least three months, be under 36, Have no Hereditary illnesses. 

If you search online egg sharing for free IVF, you will be able to find a clinic in your area or near but they all have different criteria for you to be eligible. I’m in Bournemouth and this clinic is in Southampton. 

Mumtocheeky- your new nickname is gonna be MTACC as its shorter if thats ok? People normally put SCP for me 😂
    Maybe eat some extra leafy greens to get your iron up a little?? X I also think if it gets to day 14 and still bleeding speak to doctor x
  • MrsRees, 
    I have a scan on the 9th x 
    It is starting to slow down, so I am not all too worried. Hopefully it’s just my hormones taking longer than normal to decrease. 

It helps get it cheaper for you and helps out someone with an egg. I’d love to be able to to donate, as I only want 2 children, but I highly doubt they’d allow a Type 1 Diabetic to donate. It’s the genetic diabetics after all :c (mine was just an unlucky fluke)  
    Hopefully you aswell as SweetCherryPie won’t have to go down that route xx

• edited May 3, 2019 8:19AM
    I Quite like the idea of having twins if I did go through with it LOL that is until I think about having to cots, buying a new car, two highchairs and two screaming babies! X
  • SCP,
    That shortened nickname is fine with me!
    MTAC is also fine. One less letter to type haha x 

2 weeks will be bank holiday Monday, and I can see them just telling me to wait until the 9th if I ring up on Tuesday.
    If it’s is the main Southampton hospital, then I can vouch that they are a good hospital! Went there a fair bit when my mum had her brain haemorrhage.

My niece was born a week before my son. I look after them both at times, and as much as I love her, man would I not do well full time :lol: x
  • hey, 

can anyone tell me how long it took after their MC for their period to arrive?x
  • Hya hun its nornally around 4 weeks after x but they may be  a little all over the place for a couple of months every one is different tho xx
  • Hya hun its nornally around 4 weeks after x but they may be  a little all over the place for a couple of months every one is different tho xx
    hey, thanks for replying.

yeah well Monday would have been 4 weeks since the day of the MC and not had anything or any signs yet, also did a FMU test and nothing on that either so feeling frustrated right now wondering when/what is going to happen xx