Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confused...

Hi ladies, I’m new to this forum but thought it may be useful. I have a bit of an issue going on for me... so basically me and my partner have been trying for a baby since i stopped my contraceptive pills 3 months ago now and this month a few days after my ovulation days i began getting symptoms gradually increasing day by day such as nausea, heartburn, extreme tiredness and period pains. This continued for about 10 days then i took a test ofc and it cane out positive and me being me went and shared this news with my close family to only come back and do another test which came back negative and since then all the ones i tried have been negative. However last month i had my period on the 28th and today is also the 28th so its been an exact month so im kind of running late on it too although the symptoms have kind of dissapeared except the period pains only remain now. (My periods have been irregular since stopping the pills) what do you ladies honestly think of this could i actually be pregnant or was it just a false positive. Im going mad thinking that i still maybe because i totally felt different and pregnant after the way i felt! Please help x

Replies

• Hi Hazelll

Something similar happened to me last month. I had 28 day cycles for 3 months after coming off the implant and then last month I was nearly 10 days late. I did loads of pregnancy tests which were bfn's and had all sorts of sypmtoms like nausea and sore nipples which I don't get usually. I even went to the doctor and she examined my abdomen and I did a pregnancy test there which was also a bfn. The doctor said it could take time for my body to adjust to having natural hormones again and that's what increased my cycle. Of course AF showed up the day after the appointment! If AF doesn't show up in another few days try another test and maybe see your doctor if you're still worried? Fingers crossed for you though that you are pregnant. Sometimes ovulation can be delayed or even implantation can take 6-12 days so HCG isnt high enough for a test to pick up .with my son I was 10 days late before I got a bfp .

• Thank you so much for your response. Its really frustrating to be in the unknown, if i had all negatives then i wouldnt have got my hopes high in the first place but having it once and then all negatives had been quiete upsetting for both me and my partner. I do feel as if im due on my period any minute because of all the cramps its giving me but fingers crossed.. just being too impatient but as you said, if i dont get my period soon then i will check again in a few days

thanks once again

• I didn't get a proper ovulation and regular periods for about 6 months after coming off the pill. Are you using opk's?

• sorry what are opk’s?

tand update: ive got like the extremeely faintest sign of bleeding today but you can just barelyyyy even see it that sometimes i dont even see it when i wipe. I dont know if this could perhaps be implantation? I also have severe heartburn with loss of appetite 

• Ovulation tests. If your cycle is still wonky it might be a good idea to consider using these as it will show you days when you're ovulating

Maybe it was just evap line? Tests with blue dyes have got horrible evap lines and aren't very reliable in my opinion so try test with pink dye like first response

• ive tried pink dye and that was the one with the strong positive. Im going to wait and try again on friday because even the slightestt spotting has now dissapeared it just doesnt feel like im on my period, i only feel severe heartburn like i have been since the ovulation

• Good luck :) fingers crossed you will see a BFP tomorrow :)

• Thank you so much ☺️