Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC for a few months or longer chat (December thread)

Replies

• Hey everyone. Hope your all having a great Christmas. That's a good chart eclipsa, which app do u use? Its annoying when you don't ovulate when your expecting to. I'm the same this month! ........

Had fertile cm the last few days (10 days earlier than expected) but with the rush of Christmas I havnt really thought much of it. Took a couple of ov tests which were negative. Christmas eve didn't do a test (too busy) and yesterday waaaaay too busy to do one! It wasnt really on my mind. Got to bed at 1.30am this morning and don't know why but decided to test...... almost positive!!! (Top test in photo). So feel like I've missed the opportunity this month now! We dtd..... we were soooooo tired after such a busy Xmas day, don't know how we managed! Lol. 

This morning got imagea definate positive opk (bottom test). Can't believe it's a week early! Hope we havnt missed out this month. Not that I'm expecting it to happen but would hate to miss a month of ttc. 

How is everyone else getting on? 

Baby dust to all xxx

• Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you’ve all had a lovely time! I’m 13dpo but wayyyyy to scared to do a test! Keep getting twinges every now and then but no other symptoms since some heavy cramping on 9dpo! Oh and my partner commented this morn on how my boobies were bigger but I actually think that’s more to do with the food 🙊🙊! I don’t know how long my lp is as I only tracked ov for the first time this month!

any other ladies due to test? xxx 

• Gospel22 you saying that makes me feel a lot better I'm worried that my charts were saying I wasn't ovulating or something and that it was abnormal. I'm not sure what to make of my charts ups and downs. That's definitely a positive OPK good luck on the bding! 

Honestly been staying away from the groups because it's been stressing me out I really hope I don't have to go into month 9 but I didn't get to bd for three days :(

Good luck on your test Missymoo13!

My charts today

• I forgot to answer you on the app gospel! It's called my calendar and the icon looks like a little diary with a flower on the front it's actually a pretty good app I've never had any problems with it at least.

• AF arrived today so I'm back to CD1 again I'm hoping month 9 of ttc is my month! I would love an October baby around hubby and I's anniversary ❤️

• Awww sorry to hear that eclipsa, new year, new start though and hopefully your bfp.

I'm 6DPO. Not feeling excited or wishing the days away until i can test this month. Think I'm just expecting a bfn as always! But we shall see.

Happy New year to you all. Let's hope 2019 is our year!! 

• Af arrived today for me, looks like im off for my blood test wednesday cd3. 

• I'm thinking I might give up on ttc asside from the fact that it's been 9 months now I don't think hubby wants it... Everytime I talk about it he gets weird and then he isn't ever in the mood conveniently when I get my positive opks and he doesn't like smep because he doesn't like to do it on a schedule it's really got me down. It's like he's fine when we talk about what kind of names are good and other silly stuff until I talk about the actually getting pregnant part then he shuts down and doesn't say anything and seems annoyed. I feel like if he doesn't want a baby now he shouldn't lead me on and it's breaking my heart...

• Oh eclipsa :(

maybe you need to have a sit down talk and get it out of him if its what he really wants.

if its what you want dont give up.

its not fair to give up what you want for someone else xx

• Oh eclipsa...

thst is heartbreaking, but maybe he just finds it really hard to see what you’re going thPugh each month. I know my OH is a bit of a fixer, so he finds it hard when I’m upset about trying with no success. 

hope you’re ok!

let‘s hope by this time next year, we are all holding her little babies and feeling grateful for all of the waiting we had to do to get there!! 2019 🤞🏻💋

• Happy New Year everyone !!! Another year, hopefully we all can have a 2019 baby !! 

AF actually came right on Jan 1st. What a red carpet greeting to the new years I received. 

I am having a surgery to unblock both my tubes and remove previous scaring and I hope it can be fixed. Been trying for more than a year, loose track of time. I am not an emotional wreck anymore, since I know, my body parts are currently " out of order". 

• Hello all! I recognize some of the names from other threads. We are entering our 7th month of TTC. While I appreciated the monthly boards at first, I became frustrated with some people flipping out in the first month of ttc & then getting their bfp that first month or two. So I decided To join you guys who would understand (many of you even more than me) what it’s like to wait. I appreciate hearing about your journeys. 

I am now on cd 4, AF came 3-9 days early (I been Having 32-38 day cycles & this one was 29 days) leaving me with a luteal phase of only 11 days this cycle (normally it is 13-14 days). I also have really short & light periods which leads me to believe I have low progesterone. I have an appt with an ob/gyn on the 22nd & hopefully she will have some insight for me & will be willing to run tests since I am 34 & have been TTC for over 6 months. 

Eclipsa, I am sorry to hear of your struggles & hope you guys are able to come to an agreement. It is hard enough to schedule it all out when you have a supportive partner, I can’t inagine when they aren’t so supportive.

Wishing you all the best of luck!

• Hi Everyone.

My other half and I have been trying for 13 months.

We got pregnant after trying for 5 months but sadly I miscarried at 6 weeks (suspected ectopic - not pleasant 😔) and nothing since.

I’ve had gynae investigations for endometriosis before but GP has refused to refer me for a laparoscopy because I’m TTC but this could be the reason I’m having issues conceiving/carrying. He said I’ve been pregnant before so just carry on having sex. My endo symptoms mixed with the emotional heartbreak of not being pregnant make every period even more unbearable and I just want to crawl into a ball and hide under my duvet. 

In one of my group of friends 4 out of 6 couples are pregnant all due within 8 weeks of my original due date, another 3 of my close friends had babies in 2018 and then my social media is filled with people I know getting pregnant or giving birth 🤦🏻‍♀️

I am so happy for all of them but I can’t help feeling why not me. 

I’m currently CD19 approx 8DPO but I didn’t get a BFP until CD32 previously so I don’t want to test to early and it’s already killing me. 

What do you think shall I go back to the doctors again and ask for tests or is it still to soon after the miscarriage? 

I feel like I’m losing my mind, I am so grateful for this post thank you!!! 

• Hi,

Forestwife I have been TTC for 2 years and have had 2 early miscarraiges. I had to go to the doctors a number of times before getting refered to gynecologist am now on the waiting list for laproscopy. Try to see a different doctor to get a second opinion.

I know how you feel not being pregnant but then getting through the periods as well is a struggle. 

Good Luck

• Hello everyone, 

I would like to join the chat, I am going for a blood test next month (dr had said 23rd day of my cycle). I recently stepped down from a stressful job in order to try and reduce my stress in work, hoping to help us. 

Can I ask.....has anyone noticed their cycles getting longer? Mine have gone from 28 for years to 35 since we have been trying. Is that normal? 

Thank goodness for these chats, would be so lost! X

• Welcome to all the new members! 

Awww Eclipse, so sorry to hear your going through a tough time. Did you manage to speak to your OH about it? 

DSW I have really light short periods too.... had my progesterone checked and all normal, so you never know. It's great that you are able to have investigations after 6 months of ttc, we had to wait a year. 

Forestwife, sorry to hear about your loss. It doesn't sound right that they won't investigate the problems you are having. It should be separate from ttc especially if your suffering every month. And if that could be a reason for struggling to conceive then it seems crazy not to investigate! I know what you mean about everyone being pregnant, it just seems like the whole world is pregnant apart from us at the moment! 

Russelg, so sorry to hear about your losses too. 2 years is such a long time. I hope we all see bfps on this group this year! 

Smithl35 I have much longer cycles now that I'm older (I'm 34) and cycles are anywhere from 30-43 days! 

• Thank you Gospel22 for the welcome & for starting this discussion board. I have gathered that most members are from the UK, is this correct? It appears to be a UK based website. I am in the US & I have seen a few comments here & there from others located in the US. I am finding the differences in healthcare access & fertility treatments to be interesting. Traditionally in the US they say to see a physician if you have been TTC for one year under the age of 35 & 6 months if you are over 35, but they won’t turn down seeing you if you don’t quite meet that criteria. They may not perform as extensive testing or treatments if you don’t meet that criteria, but they will still see you & make a plan. I feel for those of you that have been trying for so long & cant seem to get help, I am wishing you the very best!

• Thank you Gospel22, it’s driving me mad. The last doctor I saw said that they were contradicting issues, that cannot be dealt with simultaneously and other than induce menopause/give me a hystorectomy which aren’t plausible because I want children there isn’t anything they can do, I have a repeat prescription for strong codeine along with mefanamic and tranexamic acid and that’s the long term solution. I’m assuming they think having a child will help my symptoms but it’s not happening so I’m just at a loss. Especially as I’ve always suspected I have endometriosis and then won’t perform the laparoscopy 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hoping we all get the bfp‘s we want and healthcare professionals finally start listening to women the way they should (I do work in health care in the UK I just feel it lacks the understanding and knowledge on women’s health as a whole),

Does anyone else agree that if it doesn’t feel normal is isn’t and we deserve answers not just symptom masking?

xx

• Yes Forestwife!! I have been doing a lot of reading lately about how birth control pills have been used as a bandaid for menstrual problems for so long & it’s not the right answer! I am also in healthcare, although ob/gyn is not my specialty, but I do feel healthcare has done women a disservice. I have also been reading about post-birth control syndrome & I have totally experienced it!! It is not completely benign & can wreak havoc on you!

• Yes forestwife! 👌 I'm a health professional too (in the UK) and feel that the only reason why I've actually been listened to/had the bloods/tests that I needed done quite quickly (instead of it taking months and wasting time) is because I knew all about it! 

I dread to think how long it takes for anyone else needing a referral to the fertility clinic! 😔