Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC for a few months or longer chat (December thread)

Replies

• We have told our family too of the struggle and the losses and it does feel better they now know! But wanted it to be big surprise! I know it will be anyway now as we struggling to fall so feel better about it.

I've had 2 chemicals now :( taken it alot easier on myself this time!

We are trying everything we can this month!Give it one last push of ovulation testing and basal temping for first time! So we can say to the fertility clinic we have tried everything!

Looking at buying the clear blue advanced ovulation test? Anyone using this? 

And thanks ladies for your support!

• Hi 1st baba1,

I use the clear blue advanced fertility monitor. So you log your cycles and then it gives you a day in your cycle to start ovulation testing. To be honest I have had mixed results from them where some months I had 19 days of high readings (but no peak) some months have been exact though.

I have used the clear blue digital ovulation test before but never got a smiley face even though the same urine sample gave me a peak reading on monitor.

• Thanks russelg. Tbh I'm hoping for the laparoscopy as I think I would feel better having a full investigation of everything instead of just having my tubes flushed. Plus I've had various smears/colposcopy's and a loop excision done in the past and my cervix is so sensitive that local anaesthetic won't even work for me! So I think I would be climbing the walls if I had a hycosy done whilst I'm awake. I'd rather just be knocked out! 😂 

I've never used the clear blue ones 1stbaba, only internet cheapies.

.....which reminds me...... Got a pos opk tonight on cd 11! Early for me! Better get off here and do some baby dancing (not that it will work, but better not miss an opportunity just incase of a little miracle!) 

Baby dust to us all xxx

• Hey everyone! 
    been desperate waiting to get on here to vent my anger/upset/frustration! 
    soooooo......went for the scan on Tuesday. it didn't go as I expected. everything looked completely normal. 
    The doctor told us that she still thinks my tubes could be blocked due to the ruptured appendix/trying for 18 months when I've got pregnant so quickly in the past. but that we cant see it on the scan.
    she then told me that she advises not to do a hycosy because even if the tubes flush Ok, there is still a chance there could be adhesions in there which are blocking an egg from getting through.
    she then said that she wouldn't do a laparoscopy to fix/unblock the tubes if they dont flush through because it has a low success rate and can cause more damage. so she advised to go straight for IVF! me and hubby are in total shock as we were under the impression that it could be fixed if they were blocked. obv we have to pay for ivf as we've already got two kids. money that we don't really have! 
    So after talking about it/getting over the shock we started looking at clinics in Cyprus. alot cheaper and high success rates. 
    Then today I have spoken with the patient coordinator at the clinic we have chosen and she has advised me to have the hycosy done! So my head is baffled! don't know what to do or where to start with any of this. It's a minefield!! 
    We just want a baby! how hard can it be?!  😭
    How is everyone else? 
  • Hi Gospel,
    Wow that is a lot to happen in a few days no wonder your head is all over the place.
    Do you have another appointment to discuss regarding ivf and to ask anyone about the discussion with the clinic in Cyprus?
    Starting to get to the point of ovulation for me but hubby goes on night shifts tomorrow night so hopefully it will happen tonight.
    Found out at the weekend that my Mum has already bought me a changing bag (she saw a nice one reduced) and my friend is saving me her pushchair so I am trying to keep optimistic and positive.
    Keep us posted of any further developments keep strong x
  • Anyone else have issues with Pregnecare Conception delaying their cycle?  I started it in September with the aim of ttc from Oct. my cycle went from 28 days to ~43!! I also had a lot of pregnancy symptoms in November (was convinced as was also 2 weeks late) bfn after bfn. I was about to reorder Pregnecare when I came along a article about it delaying cycles and giving false symptoms! The more I googled the more I found of these articles / woman affected! Happen to anyone else? How will I get my cycle back on track? 

• Hi Russellg, yeh my head is just all over the place. I've now got back in touch with the Dr and she has agreed to do the hycosy for me. so at least we will either
    1) know for sure that the tubes are blocked so it will rest easier with us that we've got no choice but to spend all that money on ivf 
    or 2) be able to flush the tubes which will give us a chance (albeit a very small one) of conceiving naturally whilst we get the money together for ivf over the next couple of months.
    it has also given me alot of confidence in the Cyprus clinic as they could have just taken my money and booked me in, but they have encouraged me to do the hycosy as it seems unfair that I've not had a full assessment and a true reason of why it's not happening, or a chance of conceiving naturally through the flushing of the tubes. feeling a bit better today now. 
    just dreading actually having the hycosy done! 😂 .....but I guess I've just got to suck it up and get on with it. 

So are u on the tww now? I am too.... ovulated on the 24th. let's hope it's our month! 🤞

cattybc I've never taken the pregnacare for trying to conceive, and not heard about it lengthening your cycles..... that's interesting. i just take a cheap daily multivitamin and a folic acid. maybe come off the pregnacare and see if it changes anything for you this month? 
  • Gospel, Glad they have agreed to do something now any idea how long the wait will be until they do the hycosy?

When I have had peak ovulation tests before it's been between day 16-19 and only on day 15 today but OH is on night shifts for 4 nights so hopefully another chance after he is finished.

cattybc sorry I don't take anything else apart from folic acid. I have heard about some issues with some vitamins extending cycles length. I would advise to stop taking them to see if your cycle length calms down.
  • Thanks @Gospel22 and @Russellg I have ordered folic acid. I will just take them from now on. I have read cycle should return to normal after a month or so. I just feel so robbed!:(
  • Hi everyone 
    Hope you don't mind me jumping on thread 
    I've also been ttc for 18mth and sadly had a mc feb 19 just about to start ttc again but still waiting for af to show so i can start testing. 
    Hopefully everyone will get there bfp soon! 
    X
  • Hi Chezza15, Sorry to hear about your loss how far a long were you? I have had 2 early miscarriages myself so I know how you feel and then waiting for AF to show up so you can try again. Just have to try and keep positive and stay strong x
  • Hi russellg,
    Well by my dates I should've been 7 weeks but when I had an emergency scan (I had alot of pain) it was showing 5 weeks so I had a sac but no fetal pole? Not sure what it would've been classed as. Sorry to hear about your mc's they truly are horrible this was my first one and after 18mth of ttc was very difficult for me to accept. Hopefully af comes soon so I can start afresh in your experience how long did it take for you to go back to normal if you don't mind me asking? X
  • I think my AF arrived about 4 weeks after. I know what you mean my 1st miscarriage at by my dates about 7 weeks was harder as I had been trying 10 months and obviously I had heard about miscarriages but was a bit naive thinking it won't happen to me and didn't realize how common they were. 
  • @Russellg I was exactly the same ! I'm lucky that I do have a son but he took 4 years of ttc! Really hoping it's not a similar scenario Drs say I'm young and it'll happen but I think because it's taking quite a while both times they'll take me a bit more seriously. Hopefully we'll get our bfp soon and we'll be successful! Xx
  • welcome chezza. so sorry to hear about your loss. absolutely heartbreaking after ttc for so long..fingers crossed for you that af will arrive soon so you can start ttc. 

Not sure on how long I'll have to wait for the hycosy russellg...
    will find out tomorrow when it can be done. I'm seriously the most inpatient person ever! I just want to get on with things!! Had another pos opk last night/this morning so god knows what's going on this month, because I already had one a week ago! 
  • @Gospel22 thanks! Impatiently waiting for af now just to get some normality back. 
    Can I ask what a hycosy is? If you don't mind?
    Are you using cheapies or clearblue type ones? I hear the clearblue gives you a kind of yes or no answer rather then having to decipher the lines. 
    Xx
  • Gospel, I know what you mean about just wanting to get on with things hopefully you won't have too long a wait.

I am using the clear blue advanced fertility monitor for ovulation it is suppose to give a low, high and peak readings this month it has just given me high readings (which I have had before) so it is difficult to know exactly where my peak ovulation is. I have used the clear blue digital ones before but I never got a peak smiley face even on a sample that I got a peak result in the monitor so they are all different.
  • chezza15, I just use the cheapies. I them from Amazon and they are called one step. I buy them in bulk along with a few of the pregnancy tests aswell. although I usually end up using a frer if I ever do a test. I've never had a problem with them. If I have a pos opk it's always really obvious. 
    a hycosy is a test they do to see if the fallopian tubes are blocked. they put a catheter up through your cervix.and push through a special dye/fluid at high pressure to see if the fluid goes through the tubes at the other end on the scan. 
  • Well if they work for you gospel22 good luck to you I always struggled to decipher the lines although doesn't stop me doing I use ovaview I think they're called. 
    Good luck with the hycosy hopefully you'll get some answers soon
    Xx
  • Hey ladies.
    Not been on here for a few months as wanted to put ttc out of mind for a while, felt like it was taking over.
    I'm back because I need some advice...
    So last month I had a really random 9 day period. My cycles are normally 27 days and AF normally 3/4 days. I'm now on CD 33 (6 days late) with sore boobs watery CM but no sign of AF! Done a few ICs but all BFN.
    So confused as i've been off the pill since June and had 9 cycles which are normally so regular.
    Any advice gratefully received xx