Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC for a few months or longer chat (December thread)

Replies

• Hi Gospe!,
    Glad everything went ok today. Are you still thinking of IVF abroad?
    I am at ovulation testing point at the moment should get my peak some point next week. I have appointment on the 15th with gynecologist to discuss further fertility options.
  • Gospel that's good news, fingers crossed for you now then.
    I'm so confused with my body right now... Had 2 months of unusually long cycles (The last one being 33 days) and to my surprise, AF has shown up today unannounced on CD25! What the he'll is going on in there?! Back to Day 1 it is then.
  • Hey russelg, yes still looking at going abroad. In touch with a clinic in Cyprus so I have told them the results and that we'll be trying for a couple more cycles now.
    Dtd Sunday then went away until last night with my mum and the little one (hubby stayed at home) and pos opk on Wednesday and Thursday. so I hope that one time has been enough! On the tww now! it feels like I havnt been interested the last few months because I knew in my heart every month that it wasn't going to happen. Now my tubes have been flushed there's a small chance, so got a bit of enthusiasm back 😊 
    Have you had a pos opk yet russelg? 

Hey Kmb89, how strange that your body is doing that all of a sudden. If only we knew why, this would be so much easier! xx
  • Hi Gospel, Got my positive ovulation on Thursday and Friday. Dtd on Monday as hubby started night shifts on Tuesday for 4 nights. So like yourself hope that once was enough. Wish you the best of luck the next couple of cycles.
  • exciting! so we'll be finding out around the same time. when do u think you'll test? 
  • I usually start AF 12 days past peak ovulation which takes me to the 16th April. I see the gynecologist on the 15th April I am thinking I might do a test on the morning of the 15th so I know for sure if I am pregnant this month before appointment to discuss fertility.
    Don't know if I have the guts to take a test in case a negative result though.
    How about you when does your period usually start after ovulation?
  • my cycles are all over the place so AF can come anywhere between 28-45 days! I guess the 13th is the earliest I could test (10 dpo) but i might leave it a little longer until the 14th. 
    Got my fingers crossed for u that u might not even need to go to the appointment..... how many months is this for u ttc? we are at month 20 now. 
  • This is month 28 for us. Did conceive on month 10 and month and 15. Scary when you say the numbers like that I usually just say been tryng for over 2 years.
  • I know it's crazy isn't it. time goes so quickly too. 
  • Fingers crossed for you both!

It was my little boys 4th birthday on Tuesday and when he went to bed in the evening he said to me randomly, "When I'm 5, I'll be a big brother".
    Fat chance of that, on Month 11 now.
  • kmb89 bless your little boy. Having a very bizarre cycle this month. Since beginning of this week (day 22) I have had some spotting which has been heavy then disappears so one minute I think it could be implantation and the next minute I think it's a very early period. I am under a lot of stress with my house up for sale and trying to find a new one and I think my body is reacting to that.
  • oh bless him kmb89, let's hope he has a sixth sense! 
    I had a weird bit of random spotting too russellg, but it was like a streak of blood within cm. Never had that before really, but it was only 3 dpo, so prob too early for implantation.
    Had an MRI scan today for some problems I've been having with my hip, so I tested as I knew they would ask if I'm pregnant when I got there. BFN. Kind of disheartened, but only 9dpo so I know I'm not out yet x
  • Gospel you are right you are not out yet fingers crossed for you. I was going to wait until Monday morning to test with a first response which will be 11dpo as I have hospital appointment in the afternoon but after this week tempted to test over the weekend.
  • yeh I would be tempted too! I used a first response, got one left, but might as well wait until AF is due now. Let us know how u get on if u do x
  • I did a test this morning first I thought it was negative but then looked and could see a very faint line can't get it on any photos I am only 9dpo today so going to retest Monday.
  • what?! omggggggggg!!!!!! have u got a pic? so excited for u xx
  • ......just realised u said u couldn't get any photos..... I was blindsighted then by the word positive!! 😂😂
  • I am not 100% sure as am having some bleeding some light than some heavier so I am not sure if I am going to be successful yet. Will update next week
  • Got everything crossed for you. Positive thoughts x
  • Unfortunately I now have my period. I think I may have suffered some kind of chemical pregnancy this month. Obviously I am gutted but I have an appointment tomorrow to discuss further on treatment so I can talk to him about this month and further treatment so trying to stay optimistic.