Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 train

Replies

• Amnx the only way to diagnose endo is by surgery usually something called a laparoscopy where you'll be put to sleep and have a camera inserted through your belly Button. Sadly there's no scan or blood test that'll confirm it which is why it can take many years to diagnose. My endo was found when I had my ovarian cyst removed but luckily they were able to remove the endo at the same time but didn't know before hand that I had it.  

• Also I was told my chances were good in the year following my op, it's been 16months so actually my chances are looking so great 😩

• *Are not looking great rather

• Well!! Can’t do any harm surely!! 👍😊🤷‍♀️

• Hi everyone!

I am totally new to this site and wondered if I could join this thread? :)
    Currently TTC baby number 1 after having my mirena removed on the 6th December. This will be my first real month trying and my cycle seems a bit all over the place so no idea what is going on lol.

Good luck to everyone :)

• Hi laceytil

thats so shit for you :(

are you being referred for any fertility tests or have you had bloods done yet? Is this your first?

the thing that worries me ladies is ive never been pregnant so not sure im even able to concieve, like a lot of ladies on here have either got other children or have had a miscarriage which is truly devastating but ive not had either so im unsure if my body even works the way it should. Hope that makes sense xx

• Amnx Same we are trying for our first and had no pregnancies either so completely share your frustration & worry about being able to concieve. I will be getting bloods done etc in the new year we're Just waiting for my husbands sperm analysis results first. Have you been to the docs? 

• Yeah weve been docs, hes sending me for bloods first before we book an appointment for partners sperm analysis, not sure why hes doing it that way but if everything comes back fine for both of us then where do we go from there xx

• Hi

I’m new to the site and although we are TTC baby no.2 I’m new to tracking ovulation etc. Baby no1 was a total Surprise for us, 5 years on I never understood how hard and stressful it can be TTC. 

So sorry to read your above stories, best of luck for Jan :) 

After my implant removal in November Ive had 1 cycle which was a short period but judged my tracking from that. I am now 5 days AF but testing negative :( I don’t know if it’s too soon to show or my cycles still aren’t happening yet so I’m keeping fingers crossed x 

• Hi all,

Moving over from the December thread. Realised this one was open. 

I'm TTC #1 now going into month five. Had a chemical in the second month of TTC. 

I'm CD5 now, AF due 24 January. Got my OPKs and FR lube ready. Lol sorry TMI. 

I hope some of us are lucky this month. 

X

• Well AF has arrived today so I guess I'm back to CD1 and joining the January group! This will be my 9th month of TTC 🤞🏻 for an October baby!! 

• Hi evergone,

I‘m new to the site but have been keeping an eye on this chat over the past few days and finally plucked up the courage to join! Hope that’s ok.. 

My OH and I are just starting TTC month 1 for our first baby, so all of this is pretty new to me! 

I’m currently CD8 and AF is due 24th January, so think our cycle this month @Hellobabycakes is quite similar! 

I feel like I’m already crazy obsessed but trying to block it out of my mind as much as possible.

Is anyone due to test soon?! 

Baby dust to you all x

• Going into my 5th month of trying this month and think we may try the SMEP method, has anyone heard of any success stories in this?

Also does anyone know if pre-seed is any good or is it just a gimmic? X

• Ps am on cycle day 2 as I came on last night with vengeance, been spotting since Xmas day which is very annoying x

• Whats smep meyhod?

af has arrived for me today so off for blood test wednesday and then cycle day 21 

• Here is your to-do list for the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP). You should decide to try SMEP within the first week of a new cycle. To get started, you may want to buy a nice calendar or print a calendar page from the internet. The first week of your cycle you will relax and get prepared. After that, it’s go time!

Cycle days 1-7

• CD1 is your first day of full flow
    • Stock up on Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs)
    • Stock up on Pregnancy Tests
    • Mark start dates on your calendar:
      • CD8 = BD (“Baby Dance”/have intercourse/”try”) every other day until you receive a positive OPK (+OPK)
      • CD10 daily OPK tests

Cycle day 8

• BD, and plan to BD every other day until +OPK

Cycle day 10

• Start daily OPK testing until OPK turns positive

+OPK day

• BD today, tomorrow, and the next day.
    • Skip a day and BD one more time.
    • Mark test day on your calendar: +OPK day + 15 = test day
    • If OPK never turns positive, BD every other day until your period (AF or “Aunt Flo/Flow”) arrives or until CD35

Test day (or CD35)

• If AF has not arrived, take a home pregnancy test
    • First morning urine (FMU) does not always yield the best results, you may wish to try with your second morning urine (SMU) or an afternoon test after a 3-4 hour hold (no liquids)
    • Got a BFP (big fat positive)?  Share your success story

Copied and pasted hehe x

• Hi jessicaanne I haven’t tried it myself but I’ve heard good about pre seed. My friend swore it was what helped her conceive After trying for 4minths without it. X 

• Unfortunately I won't be doing smep this month we tried it for the last 3 months with no luck and it makes hubby mad he said he doesn't want to do it on a schedule and he is never in the mood to do it like that so it isn't really a possibility for me anymore 😞

• Right ladies what you think I bought clear blue ovulation test kit yesterday done the first stick and it was negative. Done 2nd one today and it had a smile face but not flashing does this mean I've had the run up in last 24 hours just and today is my peak? The box says it gives you 4 day window. But leaflet said when solid it's your peak and flashing is build up. But I didn't get flashing face confused.