Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 train

Replies

• Your first stick will always be negative as it doesn't know your normal levels hence why you have probably gone straight to static. What cycle day are you on and what length is your cycle normally. Unfortunately it can't give you a 4 day peak warning if you start to take them around your ovulation day. Get busy today/tomorrow  and hopefully you will cover yourself

• Awe thank you that makes sense I've no idea what part of my cycle I'm on my MC was 9th dec. I've been covering all basis and bd every other day for last couple weeks and last night and this morning XX FX  thank you xx

• CharHughes I’ve just got some preseed from boots so will be trying that. Theyve discontinued the ov strips in there so I’ll have to get them online now x

• Hi we’re ttc no 2 starting in the new year. Last time we got pregnant on the first month but I think that was a fluke so expecting a good 6 months to a year. I’ve forgotten how it all works but it’s been helping reading all your messages! Hope everyone gets that BFP this month 👍

• @jessicaanne I'm also fifth month TTC. I'm also going to try SMEP this month too for the first time. I've got my OPKs ready, I start testing from tomorrow. 

I've also got pre seed to try this month as well. I've heard good things - I'll let you know how i go. Hubby is also not drinking for all of January so hopefully helps his swimmers. 

@bluebell22 we might be testing together then? Fingers crossed. 

Xx

• Hellobabycakes do let me know! I’ve heard all good things about preseed, the syringes look a bit like a medieval torture! X

• Hi ladies, it’s been 3 months since coming off the minipill and hoping January is the month for me and my husband. My sister has just told me she is 8 weeks pregnant and although I’m over the moon for her, I am still wondering how and why she manages to get Pregnant so quickly and easily (this is her second) Anyway I’ve got good wishes to everyone that 2019 is the year for us all x 

• Hi ladies, new to this and decided to post for some opinions so here is a little bit about us. We currently have 3 dc and are currently month 2 ttc#4. Our eldest two are 13 and 9 with our youngest 2 and decided to try for another. I had nexplanon removed oct 2018 and cycle seemed to return to normal 27/28 day cycle however this month im well confused.

Last AF on 9th dec as norm and expected o around the 22nd dec according to app, now i was checking with opk (granted only daily) but didnt see my +opk until 25th dec ! For the last 3 days my boobs are feeling fit to burst and now feel sickly this morning but surely to early to have symptoms yet ??

Tbh my 1st 2 dc i cant say i remember early days but do know i had the sickness feeling with dc#3 which made me test in the 1st place but am wondering if its just in my head, really hoping to concieve soon so not another massive age gap with our youngest and as my 2 dd share the same birthday exactly really dont want another due the same time of year 😂

Wondering should i test tomorrow am?

Sorry for long post just really confused any advice greatly appreciated please ladies.

• Hi mich03 

i had me nexplanon removed in Nov 18. My cycle seemed to go back to normal afterwards but AF arrived today :( 7 days later (I was planning on taking a test today but never mind) so this cycle has been long. It’s got me confused but going to stick with the O dates my app has altered to and hope for the best.

i guess there is no harm in testing now, aslong as you won’t be too disappointed if it’s BFN. it is so hard not to over think your symptoms though I did and honestly thought we did it the way I was feeling. Like you I really want it to happen soon as my age gap #1 will be 6 years.  Maybe hold on a little longer, closer to AF due before testing x 

• Hi Charhughes,

So do u think work from +opk as o day ? Not sure at what point it changed as tested initially 24th about noon then not again till about 4:30pm Xmas day. 

Initially started testing with opk's as when I had another implant removed between my 1st 2 dc I wasn't ovulating at all for over 11months and really erratic cycles that i didn't want to lose time this time to find it hadn't restarted again. Thankfully it appears to be ok this time round but now really messed up the dates I was working to.🙄

If I follow originally dates based on normal 27 day cycle AF would be due 5th but based on +opk assuming lutheal phase is 14 days then wouldn't be due until the 8th of Jan so not sure what dates to work from ? Eager to test but really don't want to be to early that even a genuine bfp wouldn't show. Hope that make sense. X

• Hey ladies. Thought id hop in here as I was out for December. Got high opkwoth clear blue digital yesterday and today so dtd both days. I expect to get peak tomoro and so dtd again tomoro night or early next day. Should that be enough to cover myself? 

Hope we get some bfps here in jan. 

• @genabella cor you must be worn out! Yeah I think that covers either side of it. Let’s hope for a BFP for you.

According to the app I’m not ovulating until the 18th, so a while to wait for us.

• Hi ladies,

I'm CD8 today and decided to do an OPK when I got home from work. It came back as a strong positive which I was shocked. I have a 29 day cycle so surprised I could be ovulating so early. Does anyone else ovulate this early?

Xx

• Hey everyone,

I’m new around here and hoping to join in on the January TTC bandwagon.

My husband and I have been trying for 6 months now, I had been using OPKs and then changed to the clearblue ones as I found it all very confusing trying to clarify the right ovulation time. Clearblue was flashing smiley for over 2 weeks so I gave up and expecting AF tomorrow. 

BBT doesn’t work for me as I have a lot of unsettled sleep, so I caved and bought the AVA bracelet. It arrived yesterday and so far it seems to give a lot of detail, hoping it helps me understand my cycle better at least. Has anyone else here tried it? 

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

S xo

• Hey @savannah91 I am also TTC this month what CD you on? I am on CD13 so coming into the TWW. 

• Well ive just been and brought some pregnacare his and hers. Have been reading the reviews on amazing ( i brought them from boots) and reviews seem hopeful. 

Has any of you ladies used them and what are your stories xx

• @liviep i am cd 14 today so right there with you in the raw! Here's hoping this is a lucky month! 

• Hi ladies, I'm new to this thread. Been trying since June last year after I had a late miscarriage. I have conceived once since then last month but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. This month I'm hoping I might get my bfp fingers crossed. 

• @danirose94 yes really hoping it is! Just need to hold out. I always break super early and buy tests and end up wasting loads🙈 

It's nice to know we are in the same position you Been TTC long 

• @liviep, this is only my 2nd month TTC! So I'm not overly hopeful, still doesn't stop me going crazy and obsessive haha! Can't imagine going through this for a long time!

What about you? I'm going to try and hold out till AF is due and not test before I can manage that!