Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 train

Replies

• Hey ladies

LivieP and DaniRose I am on CD11 today, so not too far behind you girls! How long are both your cycles? Mine are 31 days on average, so I’m going to start testing for O today I think..

This is our first month TTC so still pretty clueless on it all!

Baby dust to everyone x

• Hey Bluebell 22.

My cycles are usually 28/29 days regular. I normally O on cd14/15 so hoping when I test later today or tomorrow I will get a positive!

Im clueless too don't worry! Just trying to give myself as much chance as I can of getting the egg at the right time x

• @danirose94 this is my 4th month and hoping it's the one! Haha 

I'm going to try and hold out but know I won't ! 

• Ahh @liviep will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you! Hoping that January will be a lucky month for us all!

Who knew there was so much to this TTC malarky, much more intense than I ever thought it would be.

I'm just not going to buy any pregnancy tests until af is due, let's see if I can hold out!

• Hey DaniRose,

That‘s good! I’m loosely trying to follow SMEP this month, has anyone else had much success/experience of this? 

I have no idea when I ovulate as this is the first month, but my app suggests it’s around the 17th day which is 9th January.. but will start testing for O this evening just in case it happens quite early! 

I feel like the best thing to do all month is just go every other day, and then really go for it around O day haha! X

• Hey Bluebell,

Last month was my first month properly TTC so since we were very new and excited it was more of a try and do it as often as possible. 

This month we have tried as you to loosely do smep, so I will know after this month how it has gone! I quite like sticking to the structure of it but also if feel like it on one of the days that isn't on it i wouldn't stop myself 

Now I know O should be round the corner i will definitely be upping the BD when I can!

• Hey DaniRose,

Yeah I’m hoping for a New Year miracle with this SMEP business! I guess the SMEP theory gives a good structure but effectively you just have to be super active at the right time!

Yeah BD all night long girl!!

Good luck to everyone this month! X

• I’m on CD33, so I’m expecting AF tomorrow/Saturday. So far I don’t have any period symptoms, but I’m under the weather so putting it down to that. I got flashing smiley faces for about 17 days this month, so I’m guessing I didn’t ovulate and am not expecting a miracle this month.

I’m hopeful that using the AVA bracelet will eliminate a lot of stress as OPK and timing the right time to pee and not drink water etc is just too much for me. Hopefully with AVA I’ll not longer be guessing when I ovulate? My husband is away with work a few times a month too, which doesn’t help as I’d love to try the sperm meets egg method. 

This will be our 6th cycle trying, I definitely thought trying would be much easier than it is. 

• I’m on CD2 as I came on yesterday 3 days early which I didn’t expect. So now the app is saying ovulation would be around 14th Jan. Just means earlier to try I guess!

What’s your opinions on the best way to check that your ovulating? I’ve never tried opk’s or measuring BBT as we got pregnant on our first month trying with DS1. He’s 2 now so thought we’d start trying but I’ve got a feeling it’s going to take a lot longer than a month this time round. I’m 31 now!

• Loubelou I use the clear blue opks. I wait until around day 11 and then start testing as they are more expensive than the internet cheapies, but I juts cannot be bothers trying to work out of the line is dark enough or if I have to poas more than once a day. I feel it gives me more peace of mind. For the past 3 months I e ovulated around day 17, late enough in a 28/29day cycle by I guess we’re all different. Hoping this month is my month I’m on the tww from today. 

• Has anyone come.off the implant that can give me advise. 

My implant ran out Jan 2018 I had it in for nearly year. It was taken out 20th Dec 2018. 

My last period was 25th Nov suppose to come.on 23rd Dec but it's now 4th Jan and still not period. I took a test 3 days ago and it was negative. Anyone got any advise. 

I also have slightly larger boobs feeling sick and fairness incomes in waves. Are these just the symptoms of the implant 

• Hi lilleydo,

Without wanting to disappoint u I can only warn of my experience from implants, I have had 4 over the years but one of them I had 11months of irregular cycles (and I assume erratic o). At the time I visited the doctors and he told me it's not unheard of that things don't return straight away and sometimes can require medication! Long story short that very month my cycle naturally returned to normal and conceived dd month 3 so never went any further.

Don't want to scare but if still a negative hpt do keep an eye on your cycle and get to the docs if it doesn't sort itself out as symptoms can be related to implant to. On a high note after removing my 3rd it returned immediately and appears it's back to normal this time too, u might just find ur waiting for a withdrawal bleed.

Hope u find this helpful X

• Hey lilleydoo, 

I'm currently TTC with my second but with my first I was actually on the implant and it ran out in march but I left it in. I was having irregular AF and fell pregnant in september then had it removed. 

• Hi lillydo

adtr having the implant in for 4 years I got it out Nov 2018. 4 days later I had a bleed but only for 2 days ,  took It as AF anyway to see if I could plan my cycle. My planned AF was then due 24 dec. after BFN and 7 days later AF was 31 dec :( i guess I am pleased bcos now I’m hoping this can be a set cycle for me. 

But like mich03 I have heard the horror stories of not O etc. After the implant. But my Dr assured me I would go back to normal. It’s a waiting game I suppose but very frustrating. X

• Well AF got me, 2 days before my birthday too :( Onto month 4! Usually my AF only lasts 3/4 days and I only have a 25 day cycle so it's not too bad. I just hope my short cycle isn't affecting TTC. I usually ovulate around day 11 so my luteal phase is around 14 days? I've decided to take a different approach this month. I found myself getting too obsessed with OPKs and putting too much pressure on my partner to DTD. We usually DTD everyday anyway but I was commenting on us HAVING to, and he didn't like the pressure. So I'm going to try and remain calm, no OPK's and just have fun as we usually do. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone else trying this month :) 

• Hi, is it okay if I join?

Last af was 9/12/18. The last few months have been 30-38 days since coming off the injection October 2017 was on it for 6 years 1st af after was 2/10/18. I got my 1st cb high on cd14 22/12/18 and again everyday but forgot 25th, high again 26th and forgot 27th then got peak on cd20 28/12/18 along with one step ic confirmed peak at 7pm that day. We dtd 27th/28th/29th/30th as was ill before that.

I had cramps left side 29th/30th/31st. I just get watery cm which has continued since 29th. I'm assuming I'm 5dpo today according to Flo, ovia, glow app. Since yesterday my breast have super tender during the day and to the point of waking me up during the night and nipples sore to touch, this has never happened before usually I just get a sharp pain in nipple of one breast as though they are really cold. They also feel alot bigger and heavier aswell. Also i have been really tired to the point of falling asleep during around 5pm waking up at 8/9pm and going back to sleep at 2am till 11am. Also very vivid dreams which I can't recall of dreaming in about 6 months. Also increased appetite gone from small side plate size meals to eatting a whole pizza. I have been on folic acid 5mg since October aswell as vit d from gp in preparation for ttc. We have only been ttc for the last few of months but december was 1st month using opks. Partner says wait and see but I can't help but feel something is different to usual. I know it's all in my head as implanation wouldn't have occurred yet but can't help but get hopes up at different feelings. Af not due until 9th-11th Jan.

• Welcome KirstyTTC1st

fingets crossed ur symptoms are very real Andy get ur bfp. 

• Thank you #genabella

Partner is also on conception vits and been using conception plus gel 

• Right ladies I'm driving myself insane. Had MC on 9th Dec. Neg hpt 5 days later so been BD every other day from that. Been doing opk and all negative even started clear blue ones and I'm sick of seeing a flashing smile every morning. I done hpt and there looks like there was a faint line but put these down to evap lines cause they where so poor. By my body sorry tmi I had egg white discharge on 27/28 Dec but opk negative. Af if normal cycle should be today so done test last night and this morning and same again maybe very faint line I've no idea. I've given up with first response ones because of the indent and they are actually hard to get will upload pics yesterday test took out of cover this morning and one in cover was this morning. What would yous do? Do you think I'm wasting my time doing ov sticks still. When would you maybe try hpt stick again? Sorry for long post feel like my emotions are all over the place. I will attach a couple pic the one that's negative with 2 tests top one yesterday and bottom one today imageimageimage

• Hi all

This is my first post here. Been on checking out the blog for a while. I'm going into my 9th month ttc and I'm at my wits end now. 

Been taking all of my vitamins, not smoking or drinking as much. Haven't been on contraception in years (due to being in a relationship with a woman for 4 years) 

None of my friends are even remotely interested in having babies at the minute but I'm 30 this year so I want to get started soon! 

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Or even just some friendly people to chat to! 

Thanks x