Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Period late & cramps but BPN, anyone else had this?

So my cycles are usually around 28-29 days. Last month my cycle was 27 days and they have been 30 or 31 days a couple of times in the past. Today I am on day 31 of my cycle and all day yesterday I had period cramp. So much so that I started wearing a sanitary pad & felt really sad all day that it was another month with no conception. However every time I went to the toilet there was no bleeding. The cramps felt exactly the same as my usual period cramps. I sometimes do get cramps the night before my period starts but not usually a whole day before. I thought it was just maybe longer cramps than usual but I have woken up today and still no bleeding. I do however feel nauseous & I am bloated like I usually would be when on period. The cramps have largely settled down. I get some intermittent cramps but they aren’t as bad as yesterday. I did a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative however. I ovulate around day 19 so today is 12 days post ovulation. As I have been worried my luteal phase is too short I started taking agnus castus this month. I am wondering if that has just delayed my period... also I have had a urine infection and just finished antibiotics for this. I am wondering if that is interfering also. But then it seems odd that I had normal period cramps all day yesterday and nothing has happened more than 24 hours later. Has anyone else had similar and what happened? I figure I will wait another 2 days and if still no period I will do another test. I have a feeling my period is just being delayed and this is some cruel teaser to get my hopes up!! TTC is so draining at times!!

Replies

• If you dont temp you cant confirm you ovulated. Si theres every chance you ovulated late or not at all?.

• No I do temp & do LH sticks so I definitely ovulated day 19

• Hi db has your af arrived? i got bfp at 14dpo the day my af was due, later that night I started with cramps and had them for a few days felt just like period pains they actually really worried me with having a bfp that morning but they wore of eventually and everyone said it was my body getting ready for the baby, hope this is the case for you, is your temp still high? X

• Sadly my period started after 3 days of cramps & brown spotting :-( It was so cruel as really got my hopes up!!

• Sorry to hear that, sending baby dust for this cycle x