Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Endometriosis and getting pregnant

hi everyone 

My names Danielle, I’m 29 and ive been married 2 years.

iv been going out my mind dealing with this by myself so I thought I would post and perhaps get some friendly advice!

throughout most of 2018, I had unusual periods. I’d always been pretty regular/normal but then my periods changed. Heavy/clots, backache, extreme (and I mean extreme) cramping, and always tired. After having an ultrasound I was diagnosed with an 8cm endometrioma cyst, whicg they believed to be endometriosis in October 2018, 

on 2nd November I had an ovarian cystectomy, the surgeon cut open my left ovary, removed the endometrioma, then sew my ovary back up. He also removed endometriosis scar tissue from my left pelvic wall and uterus.

Afterwards , he said all went well, but me and my husband should get tryinh for a baby immediately , so after 2 weeks or so of recovery we got trying!! 

my period came in November, I wasn’t overally surprised being so soon after surgery. We then tried throughout December, and I carefully tracked my fertile days/cervical mucus. I’m pretty sure the days we tried were through my fertile window.

its now been 10 days since my predicted ovu day (assuming my cycles are 28 days and ov is around day 14)

iv been taking pregnancy tests, first response and ABBLO (off amazon that detects 5miu/ml.... and so far Big fat negatives.

i am s disappointed because I was wishing to surprise my hubby on Xmas day (Tomo) with a positive.

so my questions are...

am I testing too early?

should I wait until I’m due (around 28th dec)

or should I take it I’m not pregnant this time?

what about my endometriosis, is that the reason? 

I know many of you will have been trying for months, or years, and so my concern may seem trivial, but im so nervous/inpatient I’m going out my mind. Any advice would be really appreciated 

trying4tot xx

Replies

• Options

Tying4not welcome I also have endo and had surgery last year to remove it as well as an ovarian cyst. As you can probably tell by the fact im on here I haven't fallen pregnant after 15 months of trying. I dont say that to scare you but that is just my reality. I thought after my surgery that boom id fall straight away but wasn't to be and I beyond devestated and we are probably facing fertility treatment. 

To answer your question yes you are testing quite early, while it's not impossible to get a postive at 10dpo for most people its best to wait until the day AF is due. Don't lose hope yet but also bare in mind with endo things can take a lot longer, especially as you are still healing from your surgery. Next cycle get some opks so you know/if you're ovulating.