Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

UK freedom hpt possible warning...

Hi ladies. I needed to make this thread because I feel it's important to get a message out there to save anyone else from suffering the same heartbreak me and my SO have. Please let me know your opinions on the situation.

As a little background I'm 24, from the UK and me and my SO have been ttc since September 2018. I'm currently on CD 22 of a 27 day cycle.. around 7-8 DPO and I've been feeling a little 'off' the last 2 days. My boobs have been sensitive and I've completely broken out which arent typical symptoms ive experienced so far in the luteal phase. About 6pm last night me and SO were driving home from a day out with friends and he turned to me and said he had the feeling I was pg. This comment completely took me back but I'm a great believer in us being able to sense things subconsciously. So I caved and drove to my local asda and picked up two of the cheap £1 freedom tests. I took one not really expecting much of it  and was stunned to see a very very faint line immediately appear by the side of the control line. Now seeing as I'd been designated driver all day I'd had about 6 pints of diet coke and two coffees so I thought best to leave it 3-4 hours and test again. Just incase of a possible evap. So I did and straight away a much more obvious purple line appeared on the screen (I will insert pictures at the bottom) 

I was shaking and absolutely over the moon. I told my SO who was obviously made up. So I swung off to the store today to buy all my pregnancy vits, my decaf tea.. just so I could give that little line the best possible start no matter what. I also bought a first response early result test. Just to re-confirm with a more up market brand. I had not been to the toilet thay morning just so I could double check. But as I took the test it unfortunately came back a big fat negative. 

Sad and confused I took to asdas site only to find review after review of people experiencing false positives on these tests, and although I know there may still be hope I feel as I have too fallen victim. Branding a test with over 99% accurate on is not fair and the stress and pain it can cause couples either trying or avoiding pregnancy is just disgusting. Please can I ask that you avoid these tests. For me I hold my hands up and it is a lesson learnt that I should not have tested until my period was late. But I'm sure we all know how hard the 2ww is. Just please save yourself any heart break ladies and avoid until we know the possible bad batch is gone! 

Pic below shows the faint pos, more obvious pos, and first response early result. 

Replies