Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1 dpo - anyone else want to join me? - Part 2

Replies

• Hey Alyssa!! Does the sweep help speed up labor? Kind of weird that she felt the little fingers, but really cool at the same time! It is still hard for me to grasp that there’s a little human in there! I am sure little Alex will love his little brother! Do you plan to buy him a toy and say it’s from the baby? I’ve read that’s a trick many parents use! Do you suspect baby will come on time, early or late?? Very excited for you! Keep updating us regurlarly will you? Xo

We bought our stroller today! A very excellent condition UPPABaby Cruz. I’ve done a lot of research and that one ticked all the boxes I had! I am so excited about it.. it is also our first big purchase! Tomorrow we are going to ikea and will get all that we need for the nursery while we are in the big city! Our friends have a 3 1/2 year old and they offered us her old crib, Moses basket and rocker! So that’ll be very helpful! (We might be moving to a new city for work in the fall or winter.. so we don’t want to spend too much on furniture until we know more!). 

I have an inkling we might be having a girl. I’d really like a boy, but either way I’ll be very happy!!! 

Ellie, how are you??
  • Yes hes got at least one present from baby brother. Sweeps can start labour off and they can sometimes stretch you to 3-4cm so it all helps reach the 10cm goal. I think things are happening down there as im losing plug and that only happened after 24 hours of pessary with Alex so things are looking more promising. Never know might even have a due date baby. I always wanted a boy with my first, a mummys boy yet hes all daddy 😅. Hopefully this ones a mummys boy lol. Hopefully you wont have to move unless its what you want as moving is bad enough without being pregnant too xx
  • Exciting to get the pram! Mine arrived on Friday, we went for the Egg diamond black edition, it’s rose gold too! 💖 we are finishing off the nursery this weekend, can’t wait to get that finished. I’ve had a few funny feelings going on when I was in bed last night and today, like a gush feeling but nothing coming out, apparently it’s the baby’s head against my bladder! Her head is definitely low down as when she’s kicking I’m being kicked high up! Did scare me abit though lol it’s stopped now thank god! Xx
  • Had an oyster 2 with Alex. Got the oyster max 2 so if Alex gets too tired or is being a pain in the butt i can put him in 😂. Its so exciting buying all the big things isnt it. Weve saved everything so even though weve saved money its not as much fun. Although on the plus side it will be cute taking pictures of baby in clothes that big brother wore 😍 xx
  • So exciting!! I can’t wait for you Alyssa!! Do you have a name picked out yet? 

We just found out that we are having a boy!!! We are so excited!! That’s what I wanted too! We even think we have a name! We are thinking Luca for now.. but it might change! We also got a few boy items to decorate the nursery! I’m now looking at rocker and the one I like is only available in blue.. I wanted beige.. but I think I might get it anyway!! Just so excited to finally know! It feels a lot more real!
  • Yay Congratulations on having a boy! Weve got 4 potential first names but not sure on middle names. Lost a load of plug today. Im scared i feel sick xx
  • Thank you!!

How long after you lose the plug is it go time? Are you getting nervous or excited?
  • Im nervous. I just want it over with and my boy here. Its fear of the unknown right now. Ill probably be all calm in labour. Could happen today could still be a week but this never happened with Alex i was induced. My sister lost hers and went into labour that evening. Worst timing hubby has got an interview in 2 hours and its an hour away 🤦‍♀️
  • Alyssa, any baby yet?? 
  • Hello! 
    I'm here to join the ttc group. My cycle usually is irregular, especially when I was around my pregnant sister I went almost 3 months without a period when usually my period is every other month. But in the past year it has regulated and I'm able to track when it comes very accurately and thus I also started tracking my ovulation. We've only been trying to get pregnant just this month as we were both busy with trips to see family and work. I ovulated around July 15-17th so we tried the 14th-15th and the 17th-18. I'm 9dpo and haven't had any symptoms besides a brief cramping last night and sore breats but that quickly went away today, oh I forgot about 3dpo I had cramping too. There's a bit of creamy white cm but my cervix is very low, slightly firm on and off and open so it's possible I'll still get my af. It's due next week on the 31st. I'm hopeful but it's only our first time ttc so I won't be too disappointed. 

Nice to meet everyone, I'm happy for those who have conceived and giving well wishes to those ttc. 
  • How do i stop notification for this post? Went on far too long! 
  • I'm now 6 days po and would like to join! So nervous...
  • Alyssa, any baby yet?? 
    Hi Billy im sorry ive not been on. Been hectic. Baby arrived by emergency section on 24/7 a whopping 9lb 9oz at 15:54pm. Hes a week old today 😍 xx
  • Well. Had an eventful day yesterday. Max was meant to get his tongue tie cut but it didnt happen. Instead i was rushed to A and E with my c section bleeding quite alot because my 3 year old stuck his foot right in my wound by accident 😥. 3+ hours later i was out but now i darent move incase it pops open again and starts bleeding. My 3 year old was so sorry bless him it was an accident though. How is everyone else doing?? Xx
  • Just realised i didnt tell you his name. We decided on Maximilian Alistair Carlin. Cant believe he is 10 days old today xx
  • Ah congratulations to u!! 10 days old already! He’s gorgeous! So not good about your scar, I hope u can get plenty of rest and it heals soon for you. 

Im 30 weeks today! It’s flying by! Xx
  • Wow Ellie 30 weeks that has flown! 
    Off to the hospital soon for them to check me over xx
  • Ah good luck :) yep 30 weeks, exciting and scary to think she could be early or late so anywhere from the next 6 weeks she could arrive! Xx
  • How is everyone. My wound was found to be infected and has gushed loads of fluid over the past week or so 😥. Got one more day of antibiotics to take and everything seems to have settled down. 🤞 im over the worst. Max is back up to birth weight and they are happy with him so thats good, he had his tongue tie cut and passed his hearing tests on the same day. Rich starts his new job tomorrow so hes a bit nervous and stressy. We will get there. Its been rather hectic xx