Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1 dpo - anyone else want to join me? - Part 2

Replies

• Forgot to add my work friend had her baby a few days ago 10lb 14oz!!!!! Thats the biggest baby of anyone ive personally known to have! Long labour then c section like my first. Think she was a bit worn out after that 😪 xx
  • Im nervous. I just want it over with and my boy here. Its fear of the unknown right now. Ill probably be all calm in labour. 
    Haha lol i definitely wasnt calm but its because my body was in distress as it knew he couldn't/wouldnt fit and so my contractions were super intense and on top of each other like it is when your at 8-10cm 🤦‍♀️. Heres my full story for anyone that wants a read.....

41 week exactly i had an aromatherapy bath and then me, Rich and Alex had a good 2 hour nap as i was soooo tired, i woke up and less than 30 minutes later contractions started around 3pm, about 5-7 mins apart. Went and dropped Alex off for an overnight stay around 7pm at my inlaws as that was always the plan and they were timeable at like 4-5 mins apart. By 10pm they were 3 mins apart and getting pretty intense. I kept wondering when to ring up as i had induction with Alex so it was all new to me. Finally at 4am ish i rang as i was in alot of pain and they fobbed me off and said give it 2 hours to see how it goes even though i was really in agony by this point. I thought omg ill try another bath but it didnt help at all and about 2 contractions in the bath and my waters popped so i got Rich to ring back hoping they would let me go in but nope, said give it an hour see how it goes but within half an hour they were 2 mins apart lasting a good minute and i got Rich to ring back and they let me come in. I was put straight on the monitor even though im crying in pain asking for relief. Turns out after 12 hours of contractions i was still only 1cm so all they offered me was codeine, bloody codeine. They soon changed their tune when i was literally crying out and shaking in pain. They moved me straight to labour ward and gave me pethadine, it still didnt ease it at all so they let me have gas and air even though they said they dont usually at 1cm. Even that didnt even take the edge off and on the monitor my contractions were on top of each other. I was quickly granted an epidural which took 2 attempts as it was hard to keep totally still through the back to back contractions. Finally i felt relief and was checked a couple hours later and was 3cm so not bad progress but not great so we agreed to make a plan after another 4 hours would tell if it was going to happen naturally or not. My contractions still looked great on the monitor but gladly i couldnt feel it. 4 hours later i was still 3cm so a doctor came in and we quickly agreed it wasnt going to happen since after 24 hours now of regular contractions i was still only 3cm 😥. De ja vu and i didnt want it to drag on and only end the same again so i went for a c section and Maximilian Alistair Carlin was plucked into the world a whopping 9lb 9oz at 15:54pm on 24/7 with a head full of dark hair which both shocked us haha. We didn't expect him to be so big or have dark hair!! I lost nearly a litre of blood so they had to keep an eye on me as i became anaemic and pale but other than that we were both fine xx
  • Just read! OMG. Not a straight forward labour, i am starting to get scared now!! I’m nearly 34 weeks! 
    Haven’t heard from @billythekitty for a while, hope all is ok? 

Xx 
  • Wow Alyssa! Big baby! You must’ve been so tired after such a strenuous long labour! Glad everything went well! How your little Max now? 

Ellie, another month and your little girl will be here! Is it just me or it has been flying by!! 

I am almost 27 weeks! Starting the 3rd trimester! I’ve been feeling so good with lots of energy, but I can feel the tiredness creeping back slowly! I have the nursery finished and a baby shower planned for Sept 22nd! I am so excited! Hopefully we’ll squeeze in some maternity pictures at the end of September! 
  • Ah so glad to hear from you @billythekitty and all is going well! Post a bump pic! 😊 
    OMG it’s flying by! I cannot believe I’m getting close to the end now! It’s crazy! I had my baby shower last weekend, I’ll post some pics and her nursery is all finished now 💖xx
  • I wrote that long message out the other week but for some reason it hadnt posted. 
    Im so glad to hear from you both especially you Billy i was beginning to worry something was wrong. 
    Max is doing great, hes 5 weeks old today, its going too fast. I took this picture earlier and its my favourite of my boys together so far 😍 xx
  • You look stunning Ellie! How was your shower?! The baby room is so adorable!!

And Alyssa, Alex looks like he’s embrassing the big brother life!!

Here’s a picture my friend snapped of me while we were flower picking the other day and a few of the nursery (it is a tiny room that we used as our closet and turned into baby’s room and I’m actually so in love with it!.. not quite finished.. but almost there!)  s 

• You both have such cute bumps. I miss being pregnant so bad 😭. Your nurseries look beautiful. Max's  nursery was finished before he was conceived because when we moved here that room had been used for insense burning and prayer by the previous owners, so it was all smoke damaged and we knew we wanted another baby so we decorated that room first in neutral colours and Alex used it for a short while until we had decorated his current room for him to go in. Yes Alex loves being a big brother and i still cant get over how much he loves Max. Weve booked a holiday and im nervous about going but only because of my complications with my c section the rest of me cant wait to have 2 weeks of lovely family time in the pool and sunshine. We go on the 15th of September and im stressed about packing lol 
  • How are you all doing?? Xx
  • OMG I can’t believe I forgot to up date you all! I’ve had my baby girl! She was 3 weeks 5 days early! Her name is Lowen-Mila and she weight 5lbs 6. She will be 2 weeks old on Monday! Xx
  • Please ladies help me read these opk results...shall I stop wasting them for this month... or continue... my cycle is 35 days.... 
  • Congrats @Ellie34 stunning babygirl.....😍😍😍🎉🎈👌💗
  • Thank you @Sisi203 🥰 keep going with your opks, looks like they are nearly dark enough 🤞🏻Xx
  • Ellie34 said:
    Thank you @Sisi203 🥰 keep going with your opks, looks like they are nearly dark enough 🤞🏻Xx
    Omg Ellie Congratulations!!! Shes a cutie! How was it all?? So shes only 6 weeks behind Max 😍. How are you doing?? Xx
  • Sisi203 said:
    Please ladies help me read these opk results...shall I stop wasting them for this month... or continue... my cycle is 35 days.... 
    They look like they are getting there xx
  • @AlyssaCarlin19 thank you! Well it was 9.30pm on a Sunday night, went to the loo and sore pink, my husband was in bed lol and I was like I think something is happening, rang the midwife and then my waters broke! I was only 36 plus 2 so has to go straight in, contractions we’re starting and I got to the hospital at 10.30, contractions were then getting worse and worse! Had no pain relief until 2pm, then I had pethidene and was 3cm dilated then I was checked again an hour later and I was 9cm! So then started to push. But I had to be cut and after the birth my placenta wouldn’t come out so had to go to theatre so that wasn’t very good! Stayed in that night, baby was all good. Went home for 2 nights, had a midwife appt then had to go back to the hospital as Lowen had jaundice:( so then had to stay in for 3 nights. That was hard, seeing her have double light therapy. But she is all good now 😊 and she’ll be 2 weeks old on Monday 💖 so In love with her! Hope you and max are doing well xxx
  • Hi Ellie for some reason ive only just seen your reply. Max is 10 weeks old today and is great. Jaundice is so common especially in early babies im sure by now shes doing great 💜. How are you feeling?? Did they have to operate to get the placenta out then?? Its never happened to anyone i know personally so dont really know what they have to do. Picture with my grandma. 
    Billy how are you doing??? Xx
  • hi ladies I finally got a positive opk... on cd20 and my peak was cd21... I did the deed cd20 and didn’t on cd21... we will bed again tonight which will be cd22... we didn’t bed on peak day..(only the day before) does that mean I won’t get my bfp today.