Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Looking for reassurance

So I am in a sticky situation but I also believe I might be pregnant. I am showing a lot of signs but have to wait to take a test for another week. 

I got divorced in October and almost immediately fell head over heels for the guy I'm with now. He has two kids and is almost through with his divorce (should be final this summer).

We both talked about how much we wanted kids and have known each other for a year and a half (very complicated story). So about 3 months ago I spoke with my counselor about my baby fever who said "why the hell wouldn't you then?" I teach, I have a degree, my boyfriend and I are living together and we have been consistently getting his children every other week for the last 3 months.

We decided to just stop all kinds of birth control all together and see what happens. If it does, it does, if it doesn't it doesn't. 

This guy has been well received by my parents but my divorce and sudden change in relationship status has caused a ton of friction between myself and close friends and my siblings. And now I am about to add a baby into the mix! 

Is there anyone on here who has had a baby that caused friction between you and your family? How did it go? Did it ruin your life or were you able to move on well from it? I cry everytime I see someone having a baby on TV and look at little ones in carriers and my heart hurts but when my period feels a second late I start to panic about how my family will react.

I am not worried about money or the well-being of my relationship. First time in a long time I have felt those were in control, but I am so scared I will be disowned by my family and end up doing this with none of their support. Any reassurance or advice would be wonderful!

Replies

• I know the feeling... My parents don't like my partner, but surely it shudnt matter what ure parents think shud it... If your happy. Then ure happy and that's all that matters. I love my partner more than anything in the world, and would do anything for him and I know he would for me as well. I'd say go for it. But it's your decision of course... Losing family is hard, but you have to weigh up the fact that you will have a beautiful baby in your arms that you can love and look after.. I had a baby back in 2017, and like a idiot I had an abortion because my parents were angry and I was scared to lose them... But i have realised since then that having a baby is all i want and has been for so long.. You won't have no support, you will have all of us to give out help and advice...

I hope this helps you!