Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hyperemesis fear, will i get it with second pregnancy too?

edited Mar 20, 2019 1:20PM in Trying to conceive
My lg is 6 months old and I suffered badly with HG right through pregnancy from 5 weeks until she was born at 39+6. We aren't really trying but not preventing and I have some real symptoms going on with 2 days until AF. Got a vvvfl on a test 2 days ago which may just have been an indent but now having a mini 4am freakout about getting the sickness back. 

Did anyone suffer with a first pregnancy and then have nothing with the second? 

Replies

• Options
    My sister has bad sickness her first and nothing her second. I had the same as you, HG right the way through and have the same fear as I am ttc xx
  • Options
    Sarah can I ask did your sister have different sexes each pregnancy? I read that the sickness can be much more common in a girl pregnancy. I know that if I am pregnant and don't throw up ill be convinced it's a little boy!

I'm really not sure I could do another 9 months of it! They better give me tablets fast the next time. Fingers crossed for both of us! 
  • Options
    Looks like I'm just waiting for it to kick in 😂

• Options
    Yes she did! Girl first time and boy second, and yeah when I was only 6 weeks an ultrasound technician told me I could be having a girl. Not because she could see anything (at 6 weeks it still looks like jellybean and not even a baby yet) but because my sickness was soooo bad! They say it’s because your body becomes flooded with female hormones because you now have hers and yours! And congrats! Definitely BFP there! I am due in 2 days an no positives yet 😭 I thought I saw a very Very VERY faint line but my camera won’t pick it up 😢 xxx
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you! Mine was due today or tomorrow. Really really hope no sickness this time around when I already have one to look after 😂