Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying for a baby in April? Talk here!

Replies

• Sharon88 said:
    @Coconutfox so many abbreviations... when i joined this site i thought i wouldn't use all the abbreviations but I'm fully into it now. My husband takes the piss as he'll now ask me "how's your CM?" 🤣 
    Yeh I didn't realise there were so many variations of it. To be honest I like that I know my body so well from tracking everything. What app do you use? 
  • Hi, I'm TTC since Jan this year. Have had 2 periods since coming off the pill, so I'm not sure of my cycle length, but I think I should be due AF this week. Have 1 son, he'll be 2 this week. Don't have any pregnancy symptoms, but still hoping for the best. 
  • @Coconutfox I use Flo and Glow. I log everything in both as i like different things about both. What do you use?
  • Took a test a while ago using a FRER. Came up positive. Feel like its too good to be true. I couldn't hold off testing until the morning. Will test with clearblue tomor morning. 
  • Hey yall. I am new to this forum. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year as of July. We had one very early miscarriage around the time we first started trying, but have had no signs since that time. I have recently started trying to track my cervix. Its four days before my period and my cervix is still sitting pretty high up. Past the middle of my knuckle , but it still feels firm. Has anybody got any information on this ? 
  • Sharon88 said:
    @Coconutfox I use Flo and Glow. I log everything in both as i like different things about both. What do you use?
    I bought Natural cycles and it has actually worked really well for the time I haven't wanted to get pregnant. My old contraceptive made me start my period early and I just felt like enough was enough. So now using to track my ovulation to concieve. Hopefully will work for that too! 
  • @JaneDC How exciting! What are you going to do.. test again or visit your doctor?
  • Madaamsly said:
    Hey yall. I am new to this forum. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year as of July. We had one very early miscarriage around the time we first started trying, but have had no signs since that time. I have recently started trying to track my cervix. Its four days before my period and my cervix is still sitting pretty high up. Past the middle of my knuckle , but it still feels firm. Has anybody got any information on this ? 
    Hi. I think my cervix never behaves the way the textbooks say so I'm not sure what that means sorry. Have you tracked cervix position to know if this is different for you?
    I thought in early pregnancy you have increased bloodflow to your cervix so it feels soft(??). 
  • sharon u are right i couldent tell this time with cervix this time tho or by any cm think its best to just try wait it out as hard  and frustrating as it seems abd just test as close to af as possible again good luck all xxxxhugs xx
  • @Coconutfox fingers crossed it helps you get pregnant. Do your ovulation kits agree with your app? or is it first month using them? 
  • Hi to everyone 🖐💓 this is my First forum visit and i would really appreciate some tips and suggestions 😊 I’m 23 years old, my husband is 43 he’s black I’m white.. we’ve been TTC for like 1 year and 4 months.. We’ve been at doctors tests and everything was fine with him and me - except we are both smoking and I was very underweight 40 kg now I’m 47 I managed to get these 7 kg. It’s very hard for me to stop smoking (and besides in my country everyone is smoking, pregnant no pregnant, even my mom she smoked whole pregnancy).. so anyway I’m really getting frustrated about it, every month I’m like super obsessed with getting pregnant and when my period comes I get so depressed:/ does anyone has some advice how to stop think and stress so much about it? :/ thank you 
  • Hi to everyone 🖐💓 this is my First forum visit and i would really appreciate some tips and suggestions 😊 I’m 23 years old, my husband is 43 he’s black I’m white.. we’ve been TTC for like 1 year and 4 months.. We’ve been at doctors tests and everything was fine with him and me - except we are both smoking and I was very underweight 40 kg now I’m 47 I managed to get these 7 kg. It’s very hard for me to stop smoking (and besides in my country everyone is smoking, pregnant no pregnant, even my mom she smoked whole pregnancy).. so anyway I’m really getting frustrated about it, every month I’m like super obsessed with getting pregnant and when my period comes I get so depressed:/ does anyone has some advice how to stop think and stress so much about it? :/ thank you 
    And I forgot to mention - I was taking clomid citrate last month 100 mg but it was not helpful 
  • @sharon88 thanks for the message. I did test again this morning. Came up 1 to 2 weeks pregnant. I'm very happy, but trying to not get excited as its v early days. Booked into see the doctor on Thurs to take bloods and get appointments set up.

How are you getting on?
  • Anyone want to be my ttc buddy we can exchange number.. Please i really want to feel a bun in the oven one last time. I had an ectopic back in 2016 and i am depressed all the time about it cause i wanted the bundle of joy so badly
  • JaneDC said:
    @sharon88 thanks for the message. I did test again this morning. Came up 1 to 2 weeks pregnant. I'm very happy, but trying to not get excited as its v early days. Booked into see the doctor on Thurs to take bloods and get appointments set up.

How are you getting on?
    Oh this is exciting best of luck! 
  • Anyone want to be my ttc buddy we can exchange number.. Please i really want to feel a bun in the oven one last time. I had an ectopic back in 2016 and i am depressed all the time about it cause i wanted the bundle of joy so badly
    Hi Tina how many children do you already have? 
    I really would try and quit. Smoking isn't good for anyone... Concieving or not! Im assuming you know the health risks to baby if you smoke? Where are you from? 
  • Sharon88 said:
    @Coconutfox fingers crossed it helps you get pregnant. Do your ovulation kits agree with your app? or is it first month using them? 
    My first day using them was yesterday! I'm going to keep using them and see if it's in line with the app 😊
  • Madaamsly said:
    Hey yall. I am new to this forum. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year as of July. We had one very early miscarriage around the time we first started trying, but have had no signs since that time. I have recently started trying to track my cervix. Its four days before my period and my cervix is still sitting pretty high up. Past the middle of my knuckle , but it still feels firm. Has anybody got any information on this ? 
    What's the science behind the cervix? I've not really read up on it. 
  • Thanks all for posting by the way, really great to meet you all xx