Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying for a baby in April? Talk here!

Replies

• Options
    CoconutfoxxCoconutfoxx Regular
    edited Apr 12, 2019 6:23AM
    Sharon88 said:
    @Coconutfox have you used opk before? I can barely get any line on them let alone a positive! I've used internet cheapies and clear blue but nothing. I am certain i ovulate though as very regular periods normally.
    @sharon88 Yeh I'm pretty regular too. My temp rises and falls as it should. I've never used them before, I wonder if my urine is too dilute. 
  • Options
    @Coconutfox when they weren't working for me i tried to google reasons and quite a few women on old chats say they don't work for them but they had still fallen pregnant. I've stopped using them now.

If your temp is doing what it should the opk's must not be working for you.
  • Options
    @Sharon88 thanks for this you've really helped me stress less. I thought I was going mad! 
  • Options
    @Coconutfox it hasn't arrived yet, but my temp dropped this morn so I have no doubt she is on her way. x
  • Options
    CoconutfoxxCoconutfoxx Regular
    edited Apr 12, 2019 8:48AM
    @jojo143 im on the tww now...tick tock tick tock... 
  • Options
    @Sharon88 , I don't temp either but I do notice my temp stays high after ovulation until MP comes. It's encouraging to start the journey with someone btw we have the same estimated ovulation days (as per my two O apps) but i use clearblue tests which go positive on 18 and 19th. I am praying for twins or triplets. I don't think I want to go through this again. All the best. X, BFP this month.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, I’m joining this thread. We’ve been ttc since Oct 2018, we feel pregnant & unfortunately I misscarried on March 11th. I’ve now had my first AF since the mc & we are ready to start trying again. I really hope this is a successful month for us, my AF is due May 7th (this would be my gran’s birthday, who was my best friend, but she passed a few years ago now) and it would also mean a January birthday, the same month as my mum & husband. I am praying this will be our month. 🤞🏼 
    Baby dust to all you ladies. 
  • Options
    @jojo143 im on the tww now...tick tock tick tock... 
    Me toooo! 🤪
  • Options
    @Coconutfox fingers crossed for you. Af arrived this afternoon. I'm disappointed, but only dtd once in last window so it was inevitable. No xmas baby which in also pleased about If that makes sense. Now for trying again. 😁

@MrsMcM sorry to hear about your mc. Let's hope May 7th is lucky for you xxx
  • Options
    @Sham89 hopefully this will be a lucky chat thread and they'll be lots of BFPs!

Ooh i wouldn't wish for twins, definitely not triplets. I think it'd be too hard first time and I don't want to miss time off work twice! Non-identical twins do run in my dads family though.
  • Options
    I might try temping I don’t really use anything apart from the apps guide. Is there a certain method or time best to take your temp? And how do you know when you’ve ovulated? Xx
  • Options
    Well AF due tomorrow had horrible nausea this morning from early til about 11am but then just AF type pains later in the day so think it’ll arrive on time.. then onto month 4! Lots of luck to everyone x
  • Options
    xSJ18 said:
    I might try temping I don’t really use anything apart from the apps guide. Is there a certain method or time best to take your temp? And how do you know when you’ve ovulated? Xx
    I always temp when I 1st wake up on a morning. I always know when I've ovulated as my temp always drops slightly then goes up again continuously. But that's just me x
  • Options
    Anyone use Fertility friend app for temping? apparently i ovulated last week but im 3 days before my period :/ 
  • Options
    Anyone use Fertility friend app for temping? apparently i ovulated last week but im 3 days before my period :/ 
    How weird... Could be though! 
  • Options
    Thank you I’ll give it a go and see what happens! Cxx
  • Options
    @xSJ18 I used fertility friend and was able to track my fertile window and ovulation date exactly. Tip is to make sure you use a thermometer designed to measure basal body temperature (basically gives result to decimal places), have the thermometer next to you so you take it as soon as you wake up, and make it the same time every morning. The app will pinpoint when it thinks you ovulated based on 3 consistent temperature rises.

I only had to do it for one month before I got my BFP :smiley: 

• Options
    I was also able to confirm the dates FF suggested with a positive opk on 2 days taken in the afternoon.
  • Options
    edited Apr 12, 2019 6:54PM
    Thanks ladies i already temp but i am all new to this 2nd cycle of TTC! just finding it abit weird how i ovulated late never seen that before lol
  • Options
    Thank you @FailingToBePatient I have bought one so hopefully will have some joy. I’m trying to be positive and believe it will happen when it’s meant to but it’s just so frustrating 😭😂 xxx