Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Late and negative

2»

Replies

• Options
    @Ellie88 and @KL10 It isn't tough isn't it. I went though this last month.

I started (at 16 days late!!!) to see faint lines on frer tests but they only developed after 10 minutes so i knew i shouldn't trust them but this had never happened before.

Unfortunately when my period was 20 days late i started bleeding very heavy with painful cramps.

My doctor was pretty useless! Doctor basically just said it might be an early miscarriage or maybe you have fibroids and this was a late period. She just sent me off with instructions to return if my pain got worse. She said i need to experience this a 2nd time before I'd be offered an ultrasound or bloodtests so i never got any answers.

I'm not sure it is helpful to share my story as it didn't have a happy end but I think you girls know your bodies. I know my body and i think before i started to bleed i had symptoms that point to the fact i was pregnant but like @KL10 just said it can't have been a healthy one :-( 
  • Options
    @Sharon88 poor you 😔 That sounds awful, I think at 20days late yor body was definitely trying to do something else. I just don’t see how if a test is showing negative after a missed period that anything good can be happening.. time will tell I guess. Just would like to get onto the next cycle now! Lots of luck to you and sorry your doctor was so unhelpful x
  • Options
    Thanks @KL10. Yes the tests are meant to be so sensitive so you think it'd pick something up by now if everything was happening as it is supposed to.

The doctor I saw was a locum and as I booked an emergency appointment they are only meant to see you for 5 minutes instead of the 10 minutes of a normal appointment. I think my normal doctor in a normal appointment would have been so much more helpful. But nevermind. 

Will you consider seeing a doctor soon?
  • Options
    Ellie of course it o my takes one sperm my partners count is super low and we managed to fall pregnant last year naturally  when told we needed ivf xx 
  • Options
    Anyone got any updates?  Still no sign of af 
  • Options
    Still no sign of af here either. I'm now going on the NHS guideline for irregular periods even though mine are usually pretty regular of holding off the next test until 21 days have passed since we last had sex. I'm working on the sex we had in the fertile window so I'm going for 22nd April testing if theres still no sign of af 
  • Options
    Should note I've taken a first response and it has 2 pink lines but the test line didn't come up in the time frame so I'm disregarding it. Very frustrating
  • Options
    edited Apr 17, 2019 7:35PM
    @Ellie88 there is hope though... it could be the start of a test line within the time frame. So 6 more days until you'll test again?

I know you are meant to ignore after the timeframe but this must be the first time your test has ever changed after the time?
  • Options
    Definitely a first for me for that to happen. I've had plenty of evap lines but never a pink line 
  • Options
    Update from me.. AF arrived last night. Well I assume AF but extreme pain, sickness and bug clots... today has been very painful and heavy but at least hopefully I am back on track and CD2. Good luck ladies x
  • Options
    Sorry to hear KL10 fingers crossed for next time 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that hun. Fingers crossed for the next cycle x
  • Options
    Still no sign of period here so I tested again this morning and negative so definitely not pregnant I think is safe to say at this stage.