Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Coming off birth control to ttc

Hi everyone!!
I have been on the mini pill for the past 3 years now and overall had around 3 or 4 small bleeds so no real period at all, I decided to stop taking this the 3rd of April to ttc, so far I've had no withdrawal bleed or period, I've been feeling strange but have read symptoms of coming off the pill and being pregnant can be similar? Just after a bit of advice as thought I would of had some bleeding by now or can it take much longer ??
Many thanks! :)

Replies

• I didn't have a bleed of any kind for six weeks after coming off the mini pill. Everyone is different though so it is hard to tell. symptoms coming off the pill can definitely be very similar to pregnancy ones. If you have already started trying maybe test once a week until either you get a bleed or a positive test (whichever comes first)
  • When I come off pill been adviced to wait till first proper period before start trying.but think it's mainly based so they can calculate how far are you in pregnancy...I had my withdrawal bleed and then nothing for 6weeks. Then I had proper period,and started to ttc