Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying in May - anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Wow ladies it is a comfort to know in not on my own. Reading your messages is helping me in this process. It can be so consuming. 

@MissTysonMayer iam the same don't want to do my hubby's head in with all this as I think about it so much. And with your rough experiences no wonder you are feeling that way. So sorry to hear. I had a miscarriage too this year and just wondering if my next pregnancy which I dream of happening will be a healthy one. Best of luck dear.

Thanks everyone this really helps to share updates and feelings. 
  • @Herestohoping thank you! I am hoping it is our month but really not sure after 5 months without even a glimmer. I have read about positive opk a few days before ovulation so that wouldn’t surprise me, they say you’ve ovulated the day you don’t notice any stretchy ewcm. 
    @KKMAC ohh when are due AF! Are you temping or testing? We aren’t as I don’t want to stress too much we just tried to dtd every other day (if we felt like it!) from CD8 to 18. So far this month I have a lot of extra CM which is new and my boobs are ever so slightly sore, but nothing major. I think it’s far too early to tell yet, but I really do think I ovulated this month as I had so much ewcm on consecutive days and a few cramps that lined up too! Fingers crossed for all our BFPs in May! X
  • edited May 8, 2019 8:06PM
    @KL10 hey!
    Due AF in 6 days - trying not to do anything this month until I’m late...I’ve been struggling the last few months and I’m putting it down to testing too much and focusing on every last twinge.

I know - I hope to whoever is in charge that we all get good news soon! 

We’ll prob be finding out about the same time I guess x
  • Sorry just catching up! 
    @Herestohoping that is so true, I keep telling myself that this is usually an awful but one time occurrence hopefully and the statistics are good for next time! 
    So you’re now in TWW? And so it begins! Lol , it is very easy for the men they just BD and don’t have any of the other stresses to worry about! 
    @*MrsS* sorry for your previous losses but that’s so lovely to hear of your little ones after losses, it gives me so much hope! 

I did did an OPK this morning and early afternoon and both are positive! Haven’t had many symptoms although I haven’t been paying that much attention as I was expecting an irregular cycle! BD last night tonight and again tomorrow, I’m really hoping that egg catches 🤞🏼 

Its becoming harder to face others that are pregnant, I’m quite lucky in the sense that none of my friends are pregnant or are thinking about it at the moment. My sister in law is pregnant we were the exact same time along but mine ended and she carried on. I find it so difficult at family events and I know they don’t want to say the wrong thing. 

Sorry for the long post it’s a bit of an up and down day x
  • Good afternoon ladies. I hope your all ok... 
    Does anyone ever come on here to just read the comments so they don't feel like they are going insane. 
    I just want a little baby!!! 
    3 misscarriages in the past year, last one was twins in Feb/march this year. Lost them separately 😩Just fed up. 
    Feel like i just want talk babys and pregnancys without doing my partners head in. 
    Urgh. Sorry for my negative post. Xxx
    So sorry for your losses, i Feel the same too, I feel like I repeat myself to my other half over and over he doesn’t know what to say anymore! X
  • @Dmr1996 it really is tough other ppl telling you about their pregnancy because it is such a blessing and I don't take any healthy pregnancy for granted but a big part of me just wants to cry! To the point where I even saw someone announce on fb the other day and me and hubby just looked at each other the same way a little heart broken. I guess it's natural though!! That must be difficult with your sis in law wow :( sorry hun. I don't tell many that we are ttc even though that in itself is hard. 

I'm not sure if I'm in tww yet but I'm keeping an eye on temp to see if I actually ovulate this week following my positive. It sounds as though you have covered all bases this cycle! Baby dust!!!! Xx
  • hayleyas said:
    @MissTysonMayer yes I definitely do that! Really sorry to hear of your losses, things must have been really tough for you. It's really nice to find an online community where people are sharing the experiences you've also been through. I don't know about you but I don't know that many people who have been through this, so although people sympathise they don't know how you feel completely. Don't worry about being negative. It's good to share. xxxx
    Yes i suppose that is a positive side. 
    I have two lovely little girls. 3 & just turned 5. 
    So its not asif i cant carry babies either. 
    Just dont know why this keeps happening. I think I'm about ovulating now aswell, and although i arnt 'trying' massively i still wish i dont come on EVERY month. 
    Yes, same. Non of my family know so I can't even talk about it. 
    How are you doing. Do you have children, or trying .. Sorry if thats personal. I just love to hear other peoples paths they are on. I wish you all the best where ever you are up too. Xxx
  • Hey. No I don't mind you asking at all. I have a beautiful 2 year old son who is amazing, I just want another one to make my family complete. I have had 2 miscarriages recently, one at 9 weeks and the other at Xmas at 12 weeks. Both have really taken their toll on me as they do to everyone, and we have been trying again since February. I think it's just because they happened to me that I feel so down, if this was us trying for the first time I would just think "ah well it's only been 4 months" but I am getting quite stressed, probably also because I'm 39 now and worrying about whether my age is a factor too. I've tried planning things that usually make me happy but I've realised that the only thing that will make me truly happy is getting pregnant. So I've been reading about that sperm meets egg thing and it's day 8 for me today so going to try it. I think I ovulated earlier last month so this way I think I'll be covering all bases. Don't know about you though but my partner kinda burns out when we've been doing it for several days in a row. Think the every other day thing might work better. It's so hard keeping it sexy though! Ah thanks for listening, it's so nice to get all this stuff out. My sister in law is also pregnant and we were both due at the same time, in July. So things are hard there too. Life can be so cruel can't it? xxxxx
  • @Dmr1996 it really is tough other ppl telling you about their pregnancy because it is such a blessing and I don't take any healthy pregnancy for granted but a big part of me just wants to cry! To the point where I even saw someone announce on fb the other day and me and hubby just looked at each other the same way a little heart broken. I guess it's natural though!! That must be difficult with your sis in law wow :( sorry hun. I don't tell many that we are ttc even though that in itself is hard. 

I'm not sure if I'm in tww yet but I'm keeping an eye on temp to see if I actually ovulate this week following my positive. It sounds as though you have covered all bases this cycle! Baby dust!!!! Xx
    I had to come off social media it was too hard, it seems like so many people announced around the time of the m/c, it is tough but I think when it’s ready it will be our time! Same I don’t like sharing about TTC at the moment too many questions or expectations for it to happen, I don’t want the added stress! 
    Ooh hopefully you have.. baby dust to you too! 😁 x
  • @Dmr1996 yes coming off or not looking is probably a good idea with social media.
    Its been really difficult to focus this week at work but trying my best and feeling a bit better today. It's amazing how much this stuff can effect you. 
    I am thankful as I think I might have ovulated this past few days.. Waiting for bbt confirmation. But hubby is away 4 days next week so that is a relief that he wasn't away this week. I would have hated to miss the window. 
    How are you coping today? Everyone? 
  • hayleyas said:
    Hey. No I don't mind you asking at all. I have a beautiful 2 year old son who is amazing, I just want another one to make my family complete. I have had 2 miscarriages recently, one at 9 weeks and the other at Xmas at 12 weeks. Both have really taken their toll on me as they do to everyone, and we have been trying again since February. I think it's just because they happened to me that I feel so down, if this was us trying for the first time I would just think "ah well it's only been 4 months" but I am getting quite stressed, probably also because I'm 39 now and worrying about whether my age is a factor too. I've tried planning things that usually make me happy but I've realised that the only thing that will make me truly happy is getting pregnant. So I've been reading about that sperm meets egg thing and it's day 8 for me today so going to try it. I think I ovulated earlier last month so this way I think I'll be covering all bases. Don't know about you though but my partner kinda burns out when we've been doing it for several days in a row. Think the every other day thing might work better. It's so hard keeping it sexy though! Ah thanks for listening, it's so nice to get all this stuff out. My sister in law is also pregnant and we were both due at the same time, in July. So things are hard there too. Life can be so cruel can't it? xxxxx

@hayleyas im so crap with this website. I have no idea how to use it. Lol. 
    Aww he sounds lovely. Its nice to have.a close age gap as well. My daughter wasn't even two when my second daughter was born. Now my youngest is 3 and i feel like ... WHY HAVE I NOT GOT A NEW BORN. Lol. I really thought id of had another baby by now. Well.. I would of done but obviously I lost them. 
    My first pregnancy (out of the misscarraiges in the past year) my sister in law announced she was pregnant and due a month after me. Everyone was disgusted in me because i was pregnant (I had got a new partner, me and my ex seperated) then she announced hers, everyone was so delighted, then i lost mine. It just made it worse. I felt like i resented them all. All my family. Just really annoyed me. 
    I completely understand how you feel.. Like something is missing. You can't get passed it. we sit together at night just watching a film or something and i just miss having a little baby. Espeically with my parnter now. I love him so much and he wants a baby just as much as me.
    Im sorry for your losses. Its so sh*t isnt it. I felt so angry. 😪. 
    What is the thing you said about? Sperm meets the egg? 
    Hehe no my partner doesn't. I could ask him 10 times per day and he would be happy 😉 lol. 
    I only metioned it the other day, he come on the stop messing about making cups of tea. Lol. Oh i do love him 😍. I feel like iv been typing this message for ages. Haha. Imagaine us lot in one room. Knowone would be able get a word in. I really do like this group. 
    Thank you xxx
  • Hey guys, anyone around at the mo? Feeling pretty low and could do with a chat. Feeling really alone. Just feeling so emotional today, kept getting upset at work and this evening too. Feel really irrational too and just all over the place. Like I'm completely useless and worthless. Fed up of feeling like this. Just feel like I'm getting deeper and deeper into a hole and I can't get out. I feel like if I don't have some good news soon this is going to destroy me. And I know that stress isn't good for this situation at all. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so down. 
  • @hayleyas sorry you been feeling so low. How are you this morning? Hope you are feeling a bit better. Things can change. But I understand its totally feels like the longest wait :(. Been feeling similar myself and tbh kind of actually staying testing at the end of this cycle as would rather live in hope than utter disappointment. I really hope ee get some good news xx
  • @Herestohoping I am feeling a little better today. I am determined to have a good day today. I cant be doing with feeling like I did yesterday again today, and then those feelings flowing into the weekend too. I have to perk myself up. I know I must be awful to be around at the mo, and this must be having an impact on everyone around me. People understand why I know, but it must get rather grating to say the least. Thanks for your kind words, means a lot. I felt so low when I went to bed last night, so alone. Today is a new day and I will be positive and happy-or I will try very hard to be.
    I think that's best, rather than testing just have hope, stay present and if it happens it will be amazing. I totally know how you are feeling, and I really hope for some good news for you, I really do. Keep your chin up, keep positive, and hopeful. and have a nice day. Big hugs xxxx
  • @hayleyas
    Just wanted to pop in and send you a hug and say be kind to yourself. Reading back briefly it seems you have had some sad losses that are bound to still be raw. Remember it's perfectly ok to have your bad days - just try and have a support network around you who you rely on. The ladies on here too will always be there if they can.

I've not really joined in this chat as I am CD27 and know I am out this month as didn't manage to DTD at the right time at all this month - too many other things getting in the way this time. Period due anytime between now and CD31 so just want her here quickly  so can get on with next cycle. 
  • @hayleyas - I hope you do have a better day today, and yesterday was a blip. But, please also keep track on the bad days - if they become more frequent then have a chat with your GP - I think there will be some benefit in talking through all your feelings with someone who is out with your circle. 
    It’s hard to really open to those around you - especially if you have to be wife and mum. Sometimes a councelor or a support group gives you freedom to talk openly. 

You’re grieving- and that should be addressed properly. I know a baby will bring joy and happiness, but you need to grieve for your losses too.

Sending all the positive vibes I can - self care is THE most important thing for everyone! Xx

• @Dmr1996 yes coming off or not looking is probably a good idea with social media.
    Its been really difficult to focus this week at work but trying my best and feeling a bit better today. It's amazing how much this stuff can effect you. 
    I am thankful as I think I might have ovulated this past few days.. Waiting for bbt confirmation. But hubby is away 4 days next week so that is a relief that he wasn't away this week. I would have hated to miss the window. 
    How are you coping today? Everyone? 
    Honestly it has done the world of good for me, I can keep myself to myself and not start drifting and looking at stuff that will upset me! Glad you are feeling better, it’s okay to let yourself have the bad days cry it out and wake up with a new day. That’s how I’ve been coping, I have also had counselling through work which has really helped. Still having my bad days but I don’t think I ever won’t! 
    Currently starting the TWW and I feel sick with nerves ! I don’t want to get my hopes up xx
  • hayleyas said:
    Hey guys, anyone around at the mo? Feeling pretty low and could do with a chat. Feeling really alone. Just feeling so emotional today, kept getting upset at work and this evening too. Feel really irrational too and just all over the place. Like I'm completely useless and worthless. Fed up of feeling like this. Just feel like I'm getting deeper and deeper into a hole and I can't get out. I feel like if I don't have some good news soon this is going to destroy me. And I know that stress isn't good for this situation at all. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so down. 
    So sorry you’re feeling like this, glad you are feeling better today. Sometimes we need our own space with our thoughts and a good cry. If you feel like this more than often I would see your GP and see if they can refer you for any talking therapy. I was a bit apprehensive at first but it has been really good to talk to someone and say exactly what I wanted no judgement. Sending hugs to you, really hope you get the good news this month xx
  • Thanks to you all, its really lovely to know there is an online community like this that is so supportive and caring. I really do appreciate all of the lovely comments. Thanks everyone. The sun is trying to come out now too, and that is making me feel a little more positive. I hope you all are well and having a positive day too. xxx
This discussion has been closed.