Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying in May - anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Options
    @KL10 yes we did bd a lot around the fertile days and so I've felt positive that at least its a month where everything has gone as well as it could. After my miscarriage I think this month was my first ovulation and so my cycles have been so frustrating waiting for the opportunity.

I use the cheap ones as a comparison and because I can't afford the expensive ones for as much as we need to test!!! So I use those as a guide then the expensive ones once I'm getting close. 
  • Options

Hi ladies,

I have been following this post to gain some tips as me and my OH are hoping to start trying in July. This is all I've ever wanted so want to make sure i'm super duper prepared. There's so much to think about. Is there anything I should be doing now (2 and a bit months away) to improve my chances of falling pregnant first time? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.. I've never done this before, its all a bit daunting. x

• Options
    I haven’t used OPKs or anything just going from cycle days, ewcm and the odd pain but feel confident we managed to Bd every other day from CD8 to 18. So hopefully that was enough to make sure something was there to meet an egg! So sorry to hear about your miscarriage, here’s hoping you get a super healthy BFP this month!
    yep I’m quite pleased with myself that I ordered the tests late so that I wasn’t tempted to test early, the excitement of taking a test the first month or two soon wore off and I dread seeing a negative now. Would much rather just start AF x
  • Options
    Ami612 said:

Hi ladies,

I have been following this post to gain some tips as me and my OH are hoping to start trying in July. This is all I've ever wanted so want to make sure i'm super duper prepared. There's so much to think about. Is there anything I should be doing now (2 and a bit months away) to improve my chances of falling pregnant first time? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.. I've never done this before, its all a bit daunting. x

@Ami612

Are you currently on any form of hormonal  contraceptive? If so I would advise maybe coming off it now as can take a while for your cycles to  settle down after coming off.

If you aren't currently on any hormonal contraception do you know how long your cycles are? (day 1 is the first date of your period) - women tend to ovulate 12-14 days before their period starts and only a few days a month are classed as fertile days (the days just prior to and day of ovulation are most fertile)

Start taking folic acid. It is recommended to start to take that three months before trying to conceive.

No tips for falling first month as it really is down to luck. Even perfectly timed there is only roughly a 25% chance of conception in any cycle. Don't expect it to happen straight away then if it does at least it is a pleasant surprise. 
  • Options
    @StillTrying
    Thank you so much for your reply. 

I actually came off of the pill in January. To be honest I had just had enough of putting stuff into my body. It took a few month to have a regular period but think it's pretty much there now. 

I have been using the Flo app to try and help me gain some awareness and according to that my cycles are 27 days long and I ovulate on day 14 of that cycle. 

I have also just started to take some ovulation tests to help me gain more awareness and hopefully get the time right when it comes to it. 

I read up on folic acid and have started taking it over the last couple of days. Sounds like I'm doing everything I need to be.

Thank you so much again for our response. I really appreciate the time you took to help me. 

Ami x
  • Options
    Ami612. I also recommend vitamin b6 and magnesium (you can get it as a pair tablet) it’s meant to help with ovulation and regulating periods. Especially if you have been on hormonal contraceptives. Good luck. Xx
  • Options
    Thank you @kl10. I really really hope so. It would be awesome if a few of the ladies here got one.

I'm totally dreading testing. I am not even tempted to test early this time as I'd rather live in hope for longer. It is so so sad when it's a negative. I will be ok and pick myself up for another month but the waiting is a killer. 
  • Options
    *MrsS**MrsS* Regular
    edited May 14, 2019 6:29AM
    Morning ladies. Woken up to a dilemma. I’ve woken with a urine infection and it’s fast acting I’m in a lot of discomfort and pain already. I don’t know if I can take cystitis powders or not. I can’t go to doctors this morning as my daughter has a hospital appointment to see the Pead for her bowel problems. I’ve tried google to see if I can take the powders but not getting a strict yes or no. So frustrating as I may well not be pregnant as implantation wouldn’t of happened yet anyway. 😖
  • Options
    Hi @*MrsS*. I had a really bad day acting one of those last month. It got painful and as though I constantly needed a wee really really quickly. Thankfully I got a doctors appointment the same day and took first day of antibiotics. Honestly by the next day it was so much better. It went from so so painful.. Then in 2 days barely noticeable. I would say try your best to get to the go for antibiotics today or ASAP to get them in you. Or maybe could call the doctor for advice if you can't get there? 
  • Options
    I’ve just handed in a sample with the drs and they will call me back later with the results. This is the third one in 6 months and I never had them before then. It’s just typical that I could be pregnant so I can’t take anything unless the dr prescribes it 🙈. Got to go to work after my daughters hospital appointment and last thing I want is to be in pain at work. X
  • Options
    @*MrsS* I honestly know where you are coming from and it is the worst spending most of your time in the loo just trying to get through the day. Bless you I hope there is some relief. Good thing you got the sample in. With mine they knew straight away and gp told me to have the first day antibiotics in one night because I needed them in my system. She said it was a real nasty one as the test trip was the brightest she'd seen it go!
    Hope you get yours soon. 
    I freaked out this morning because my bbt dipped slightly. Not down to pre ov temp but a little. Id hoped to see it keep rising or stay elevated. It's 8dpo today. Hmm. Maybe my af on the way. But what can you do... Except keep waiting!!!!! Least we are all in our together :)

• Options
    Bless you. I’ll keep my fingers crossed it keeps rising for you. I haven’t been doing my temp every day as I keep forgetting. I did do it this morning but I’m only using an digital ear thermometer for now. My last uti they knew it was bad as I was passing an awful lot of blood in my urine and after a three day course of anti biotics that cleared it 5 days later it came back worse so was on 7 days then. Just hoping they call soon and not when I’m at the hospital with my daughter or when I’m at work (I only work at my daughters school at lunch times so finish at half 1) thing is with a uti they say avoid sex (couldn’t think of anything worse right now though haha)  so no more baby making for us this month. So if it does t happen will have to be on it again next month. Fingers crossed. X
  • Options
    @*MrsS* when I had my uti it was right around when I thought ov was going to happen I was so frustrated. But I don't think i ovd that month now as never confirmed. They say uti can delay it but who know s! Either way it was a pain!! And because it was my first one my hubby was all worried thinking it was something he did. Bless.
    Just try focus on getting well. If it's meant to be this month it will be. I've read on forums though about ppl getting a positive the month they had uti even though you'd think it would harm chances. But I guess not since when you're pregnant is most common time to get uti. Feel better. 
  • Options
    I tested just to confirm i was out and as expected negative. No doubt now she will show up later. 

• Options
    StillTrying so sorry to hear that, are your dates very accurate could you just be early still with testing? 

Iv I’ve just started bleeding with this uti I’m in so much pain with it. Still waiting for drs to call me so I can get some anti biotics. Sat waiting for my daughter to be seen by the pead, been the the loo three times already and need to go again 😖. X
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2019 9:50AM
    Yeah i knew it was virtually impossible this month anyway. I am on cd31 and cycles usually between 27-31 . Just wanted this to have been a short one so I could get on with new one

Hope you manage to get some antibiotics quickly . Must be awful. If they are recurring it may be worth asking the doctors if they will give you a longer course. Do you always finish a full course of antibiotics?
  • Options
    Yes I always finish the course. Been a nightmare the test came back normal which is really frustrating but I had downed a large glass of water before giving it. I went back to the doctors after work and got a call back with the dr to beg for anti biotics. Luckily they just called back and have slowed me three days worth while we wait for the lab results. My husband is at home today so he is going to grab them when he picks up my daughter from school as I can now hardly walk without needing to sit on the loo. Currently laying in the back garden as it’s easier to lay down. X
  • Options
    Ohh UTI’s are the worst, so uncomfortable. Hope you get back to normal soon!
    Well AF should have arrived today burn absolutely no sign not even cramps or anything. I also have creamy lotiony white discharge instead of anything pjnk/red. Saying that I have no pregnancy symptoms either so I’m gonna wait a few days then test. Hope everyone else is getting on okay x
  • Options
    KL10 thank you. Have your tests arrived yet I would test as soon as you get them. I had no symptoms what so ever with my son until around 6 weeks and that was just sore boobs, I had no sickness nothing. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. X
  • Options
    Hopefully a day or so on antibiotics will kick it straight away. Definitely not what you need with a little one to run around after! 
    Tests should hopefully arrive tomorrow and if so will do one Thursday morning as I won’t get home from work til late tomorrow night. Will update but not very hopeful as all you hear is women talking about sore boobs, nausea etc etc.. I’ve been abit tired and boobs are a little funny but nothing out of the norm to make me think yes deffo pregnant. We shall see x
This discussion has been closed.