Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Came off birth control.. help?

Hi all, 18th April was my last pill around 4-5 days later I had a period and then I came on again a week after that 8th May. So I’m a bit all up in the air with when I’m going to ovulate as I don’t have a clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ In the meantime me and my partner have been ‘trying’ anyways. I mean is it even possible to get pregnant soon after coming off the pill? I ask as I feel really strange today I’m having hot and cold flashes and I’ve felt nausea for a few days now but I’m 14 days away still from AF according to period tracker which really isn’t that reliable with the pill pulling my period about! Wondered if anyone else has any experiences with this? Thanks so much! x 

Replies

• edited May 25, 2019 4:55PM
    @RMB18
    Hey darling! What pill were you on? I was on Rigevidon for 4 years. Came off of it in early December. Been trying since then! I bleed a week after stopping the pill (withdrawal bleed) it lasted 4 days and was very late. My next period didn’t come for nearly 50 days after that! Since then my cycle has been exactly 43 days. My last cycle however was 35 days. Before the pill my cycle was exactly 28 days so the birth control defo mucked up my cycle! I was doing ovulation tests all the time to try and work out when I was in my fertile window but never got a positive result. I don’t think I was ovulating as my cycle was very long. (Over 35 is considered to be longer than the norm). I’ve been using an app called ‘Flo’ which is really good and I am predicted to be at my most fertile day tomorrow. I did an ovulation test today and it came back positive! 6 months later and I finally get a positive ovulation test! Seeing my partner tomorrow (his in the military) so we will be at it like rabbits😂 Good luck! Be patient and you’re cycle will settle in the end. I’ve heard the ‘mini pill’ is more likely to cause an irregular cycle.