Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Faint BFP 4 days before AF

Hi Ladies. New here so hoping I can get some feedback. Been trying for our 2nd past few months and I had a feeling week prior to AF due I was spotting with some faint cramps. Took a clear blue early detection 4 days before AF due and a faint positive. We were ecstatic. About an hour later had a gush of dark red blood. Not enough to soak through liner but got a fright. None since just back to the odd spot. Going to test again tomorrow 2 days before AF due. So nervous cause it’s super early. Pic below. Anyone else have similar happen?

Replies

• Have you had an intercourse prior that blood?
  • No intercourse, just a small gush and nothing since, no cramps or clots. So I’m hoping it’s ok I plan on doing another test today to make sure and today is 3 days till AF due. I’ve had nothing more than spotting all week and I never spot before my period 😬🤞🏻
  • It might be old blood mixed with some implantation bleeding....also you might have small hemorrhage in your uterus and now it's just gone. Hopefully everything will be fine,your line looks dark for how far are you.
  • I really hope you’re right. Thank you so much for the reassurance! Helps a lot x
  • Try not to stress about it (easier said than done) but stress is something you body don't need now....
  • Another faint another faint positive today so long may it last 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Hi, I found out last weekend that we are expecting (I took 4 tests to make sure! 😆). I found out on the Sunday morning and then I had spotting on the Sunday afternoon through until about Tuesday but I’m still pregnant now so although I can’t say much for your ‘little gush’ I would just remain positive (hard I know) and see how things go. I was worried when I was spotting but I think it was implantation spotting so 🤞🏻 it’s the same for you ☺️ X
  • Ah huge congrats on your positive tests! Hope you’re feeling well. Yes thankfully 2 days now since the gush and only spotting when I wipe no kind of flow at all. Worrying but from plenty of reading it seems to be quite common. Just so different to my 1st pregnancy I didn’t spot at all! Although i didn’t know this early, two days still till AF due 🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Thank you! ☺️ All good so far! It’s our first so I’m not entirely sure what to expect but we’re both very excited! 😁 your spotting sounds similar to me so I’m sure it’s all dandy 🙂 congratulations!! 🎉 x
  • Another gush of browny red last night...always more worrying at night when no one to talk to. However the strongest line yet this morning 1 day before AF due now. 6 days of spotting now so hopefully near the end 🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • I’m so happy to see this!! Congratulations 🎉🎉 x
  • Hi Ladies.
    So a positive digital test on the day AF due. I had a wipe of blood that evening and dull cramping in bed last night which of course had me awake worrying. Today only brown spotting, that’s a week now of light spotting with the odd gush. I’m going to my doc in two day for peace of mind. I can’t help but worry there’s an impending MC. Early scan booked in 4 weeks time it’s going to be a loooong wait! 
  • Remain positive!! Another positive test is amazing! Congratulations! 🎉☺️ Glad to hear your booked for an early test, like you say, peace of mind and then you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy 🙂 I was the same, I had the odd spotting and that but it’s stopped now 🙏🏼 Ive got my first midwife appointment next week so going to chat to her then 🙂 looking forward to it! When’s your estimated due date? 
  • Thank you! Fingers crossed now. Ah the best of luck meeting your midwife, exciting times with your first too. My EDD would be 3rd Feb, how about you?
  • Thank you! Yes very exciting! 😁 mine is January 25th 🙂 that’s going by an app so more specific when I have my scans I’d imagine? 
  • Yes I didn’t have first scan till 12 weeks on my first, my dates were bang on but if your periods were irregular it might be a bit off. But take due dates with a pinch of salt. On my 1st due date was 1st June and he wasn’t born till 15th, it was a loooong wait 😆
  • I haven’t booked my scan yet so looking forward to that 😁 I’ll be 6 weeks 5 days when I see the midwife next week for my screenings and that. Still doesn’t seem real yet! ☺️ I think it will start to sink in once I’ve seen her 🙂