Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Losing hope!

edited May 24, 2019 1:07PM in Trying to conceive
Hello me and my husband have been TTC for 10 months going into our 11th month and I am starting to feel down in myself especially the couple of days when I see and know I am getting my period! Everyone keeps saying try not to think about it and it will happen and that is what I would of said to someone who was trying but it is so hard when it is your self! I have tried everything and starting to lose hope I am currently having acupuncture so if it is stress that’s stopping it happen then hopefully that will sort that out! But if anyone else has any other tips then let me know thanks :) 

Replies

• It must be so hard when you really want a baby and month after month AF rears it’s ugly head. I would say book an appt with your GP to get referred to fertility testing. You have to have been trying for 12 months, so book an appt now, if it’s anything like my surgery it takes 4 weeks to get a routine appt! A lot of my friends say they get the ball rolling with their GP, then by the time the appt comes through the post they’re already pregnant!! Maybe it’s just mind over matter, or taking the stress off knowing you’ll have answers soon. Hope everything works out! 
  • Thank you yes it is so frustrating I know I am making it worse by stressing but I can’t help it! Yes good idea I will do that and fingers crossed that helps thanks :)